Dragon's Dogma 2 Review and |OT| "If victory is elusive, seek new allies".

What do you think will be it's metacritic average?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1710759590773.png

Dragon's Dogma 2[a] is an upcoming action role-playing game developed and published by Capcom. A sequel to Dragon's Dogma (2012), the game is scheduled to release for PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S on March 22, 2024.

Review Embargo: March 21, 2024

Launch times:

Pre-order guide:

1710777184131.png

Standard edition

Pre-ordering the $69.99 standard edition of Dragon’s Dogma 2’s digital or physical version will get you access to the Superior Weapons Quartet, as shown in the image below.

If you prefer a disc, the physical version of the standard edition can be found at several retailers, including Best Buy, GameStop, Amazon, and Target. As previously mentioned, reserving a copy of the game through Best Buy will get you an exclusive Steelbook case with your purchase. Digital versions are also available to pre-order through Steam, Xbox, and the PlayStation Store. At Green Man Gaming, which sells Steam PC keys, you can get the standard edition for $57.39.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 deluxe edition

In addition to the Superior Weapons Quartet pre-order bonus, the $79.99 deluxe edition of Dragon’s Dogma 2 (available digitally only) grants access to the New Journey Pack, which includes the following list of in-game items:

• Ring of Assurance
  • Explorer’s Camping Kit
  • Dragon’s Dogma Music & Sound Collection
  • Harpysnare Smoke Beacons
  • Heartfelt Pendant
  • Ambivalent Rift Incense
  • Makeshift Gaol Key
  • Art of Metamorphosis
  • Wakestone
  • 1,500 Rift Crystals
Trailers:
Previews:

Reviews:

1710948931112.png

1710950863686.png

GamingBolt
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon's Dogma 2 is a landmark release for open world action RPGs. From its thoroughly immersive world and its stellar combat to the incredible emergent gameplay its bevy of systems enable, Capcom's long-anticipated sequel delivers spectacularly in more ways than one. By definition, it's going to turn some people off with its many eccentricities, but it's those eccentricities exactly that make it such an utterly unique and unforgettable experience.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Eurogamer
MAR 20, 2024
A huge improvement over the original, and a captivating journey from beginning to end.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

NME
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon’s Dogma 2 is a sprawling RPG adventure that innovates on the absolute best open world design trends while encouraging and rewarding player agency. There’s potential for players to pour hundreds of hours into this world and still not see everything there is to see. This, combined with top-of-the-range combat, makes for one of the most exciting games we’ve played this decade.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Gamers Heroes
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon's Dogma 2 feels like the first proper RPG I've played in years. Its world is captivating, filled with stories both told and waiting to be found. This is a must-play for RPG fans who've grown tired of the hand-holding nature of modern games and just want to get lost somewhere magical and quite frankly, brutal as hell.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

NME
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon’s Dogma 2 is a sprawling RPG adventure that innovates on the absolute best open world design trends while encouraging and rewarding player agency. There’s potential for players to pour hundreds of hours into this world and still not see everything there is to see. This, combined with top-of-the-range combat, makes for one of the most exciting games we’ve played this decade.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Hobby Consolas
MAR 20, 2024
If you miss the times when playing video games meant sharing experiences and secrets with your friends and games in which every step was a discovery, then look no further: Dragon's Dogma 2 is the game with the most heart you will find.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PlayStation Universe
MAR 20, 2024
A fantasy adventure for the ages. Dragon's Dogma 2 takes everything that made the first game good and expands on it in everyway. The combat is visceral and engaging l. With a massive world to explore you can loose yourself for days exploring and battling all your favorite fantasy monstrosities. Dragon's Dogma 2 is an incredible adventure no one should miss.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GamingTrend
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon’s Dogma II is a masterfully refined take on the original game. It’s easy to get lost in its massive world for hours on end and truly immerse yourself into the role of the Arisen. There are a ton of technical problems and oddities throughout the game, but somehow those didn’t stop us from having a blast. In an age where the limitations of video games are a known quantity, Dragon's Dogma II transcends them to become a game that truly feels real.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Areajugones
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon's Dogma 2 follows pretty closely many aspects from previous entries in the franchise, both the good and the bad. Gameplay-wise, Dragon's Dogma 2 definitely includes elements that feel a little bit outdated, and that could've been tweaked one way or another in order to further improve the overall experience. Still, this is an excellent RPG, and every fan of the genre is certainly in for quite a treat.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Vandal
MAR 20, 2024
A world, by the way, systemic, where the physics and artificial intelligence of the characters and enemies generate a lot of spontaneous moments. Especially in the combats, constant and hilarious, especially when giant monsters are involved; and very customizable thanks to the great vocation and pawn systems. We must point out the performance flaws, a somewhat limited bestiary and a visual section with its lights and shadows, but in the end they are minor details in a title that has made us say out loud several times "I can't believe it." Such a surprising title that teaches you to expect the unexpected.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GGRecon
MAR 20, 2024
Despite my reservations about the late game, Dragon's Dogma 2 remains an exceptional experience on almost all fronts and an adventure that you unequivocally won't want to miss.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

God is a Geek
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon's Dogma 2 is exactly what veterans will be expecting, as double-edged as that may be, but there's simply no other action RPG experience like it.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Hey Poor Player
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon’s Dogma II is an instant classic. Capcom hasn’t reinvented the wheel here, opting instead to deliver the same blend of exploration and monster slaying that they established in 2012 while turning it into a full-on adventure simulator via a sandbox that is capable of generating jaw-dropping moments at every turn. It may not be polished to the degree that I’d like, but I find it impossible to be angry at Capcom when what they’ve delivered carries a level of ambition and seamlessness that needs to be seen to be believed. In a year stacked to the rafters with game-of-the-year-worthy RPGs already, Dragon’s Dogma II is another fantastic addition to what is already becoming a complicated discussion and should not be overlooked.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PSX Brasil
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon's Dogma 2 puts us back in the role of the Arisen on a journey through a world full of dangers and exciting moments. With an exploration encouraged by an excellent combat system based on the best mechanics of some of its most famous games, Capcom consolidates Dragon's Dogma as one of its best franchises. Dragon's Dogma 2 is one of the best action RPGs ever released and a must-have title for fans of the genre.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PLAYSTATION 5
Game Informer
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon’s Dogma 2 captures the spirit of the original without sanding down the edges of what made it excellent. Its insistence on player exploration and discovery, coupled with an ending I will think about for the rest of the year, makes Dragon’s Dogma 2 a standout game and a worthy successor.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Worth Playing
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon's Dogma II doesn't feel like anything else on the market. Despite fantasy action-RPG being one of the most common genres, Dragon's Dogma II manages to stand out from the crowd. The unusual atmosphere, excellent combat, and general sense of place and weight make it feel distinct in a world full of Soulslikes or Skyrim clones. It's a boatload of fun to play, and it manages to make what could be a tiring genre feel fresh and full of life. If you're looking to hunt some monsters and cast some spells, Dragon's Dogma II is easily one of the best titles on the market.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

SpazioGames
MAR 20, 2024
Dragon's Dogma 2 is a rare beast, and one we would gladly save from extinction, thanks to its unparalleled sense of freedom and discovery and fast paced combat system. It's a courageous game too, with divisive game design that not every player will appreciate. But believe us when we say the travel is well worth it.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Gamereactor UK
MAR 20, 2024
All in all, I think Dragon's Dogma 2 is a great proposition for the RPG genre and a title that delivers on many of its promises of great adventures for players. But despite its many good things, its interesting story and the wonderful feeling of exploration and living a truly unusual adventure, the game has those technical issues that fail to deliver a product as well rounded as it could be.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

IGN Adria
MAR 20, 2024
Despite its slightly dated graphics and occasional frame rate issues, Dragon's Dogma II emerges as a standout action RPG, offering a unique style and refreshing gameplay formula that captivates players. While it may struggle on modern consoles, its compelling experience makes it a must-play for fans of the genre.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Attachments

• 1710752582730.png
    1710752582730.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: PropellerEar
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
no way. media was capping for this game being best of the best, above 95 opencritic.
but of course they will blast Ronin for obvious reasons.
Above 95? thts only reserved for top tier which obviously this won't be. Nahhh lol but we shall see.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Want to play but the same enemy respawn in the exact same place after you beat em in the dragons dogma game are anoying

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The first game’s story was nothing and junk. I’m kinda just here to see if that’s change. I still expect it to be 100% combat driven but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they made something of open world exploration, questing and a narrative that wasn’t stupid and pointless. Not hating at all but depends what kind of rpg mood you’re in.

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Don't listen to the guy above me, he must have got stuck on the hydra.

I'm guessing over 88 for DD2. It has a cult following and I doubt many normies will pick it just because. God speed to those that do.

Dragons dogma games are masterworks all, you can't go wrong.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
OH thts so outdated lol
Ye

Everytime you beat groups enemy in a certain spot..and go around...once you return back in the same spot..the same exact enemy respawn again...

I know it works the same in the souls game..but for some unknown reason in the dragons dogma game it felt anoying....

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think it might reach the upper 80s, 86-87.
Yeah this is my thought but no higher imo but we shall see. The 30fps will hurt it as well as a few other tidbits I saw ppl mention. Previews were overly positive but tht doesn't necessarily mean it's a gem.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Masterwork..we believe you.
View attachment 4530
"The masterworks all" part is a quote from the first game.

But you're right, I hated this game, it was shit, boring, the battles and classes were lame. If only it had reached 88 on some paid-for pointless review site, you know, the ones that favour Xbox, then maybe, just maybe I could have enjoyed the game.

Stay salty.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
"The masterworks all" part is a quote from the first game.

But you're right, I hated this game, it was shit, boring, the battles and classes were lame. If only it had reached 88 on some paid-for pointless review site, you know, the ones that favour Xbox, then maybe, just maybe I could have enjoyed the game.

Stay salty.
you have no bullshit to stand on here. it is multiplatform game. no other agenda support why it got 75. even people's rating is 79.
masterwork.

Reactions: Kokoloko

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
you have no bullshit to stand on here. it is multiplatform game. no other agenda support why it got 75. even people's rating is 79.
masterwork.
If this is the reply, then my post was lost in translation.

Using a review score to indicate wether a game is good or not, is simply dumb. Some great games have been panned by review scores and dog shit games get praise.

Review scores mean diddly shit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If this is the reply, then my post was lost in translation.

Using a review score to indicate wether a game is good or not, is simply dumb. Some great games have been panned by review scores and dog shit games get praise.

Review scores mean diddly shit.
even people rating it near the same. it isn't like reviews 70 and people's rating like 85 or 90 that you can say that reviewers got it wrong(which happens both ways).