Dragon's Dogma 2 Review and |OT| "If victory is elusive, seek new allies".

What do you think will be it's metacritic average?

• Total voters

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The hate some on this site has for the game 💀. Yes, the original game had some shortcomings especially since Capcom ran out of money pertaining to the budget and corners were cut.

But the game is great and I have no doubt the sequel will be better.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Will wait for real players (aka IconEra folks) vs “journalists and influencers” before jumping in. I just don’t buy the overhyped messaging from them right now.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
To be honest I'm one of the guys on the fence about buying this right now. I played the First one and Dark Arisen and enjoyed them but the fact that there's no combat demo is a concern. The bits they showed didn't seem to change from the first one minus that one new vocation class.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Really previews but still a gd insight.

what did i tell you?
all pro xbox sites too.

by the way, i saw gameplay 3h-4h into the game, there was nothing there to be called masterpiece or goty etc.. they are capping.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
what did i tell you?
all pro xbox sites too.

by the way, i saw gameplay 3h-4h into the game, there was nothing there to be called masterpiece or goty etc.. they are capping.
OH I saw the glowing previews lol I made the preview thread, I still do not believe it'll crack 90 but hey we are all wrong sometimes. We shall see :)

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
OH I saw the glowing previews lol I made the preview thread, I still do not believe it'll crack 90 but hey we are all wrong sometimes. We shall see :)
unless they got to play way way later in the game, that can be truth. but at least the beginning of the game looked lackluster. the guy who played don't even liked much. but then interesting, how they don't hook a player from the beginning? why?

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
unless they got to play way way later in the game, that can be truth. but at least the beginning of the game looked lackluster. the guy who played don't even liked much. but then interesting, how they don't hook a player from the beginning? why?
I hope it is be abuse I'm getting it and I nerd a fix before Elden Ring DLC. From your mouth to gaming gods ears lol

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
tomorrow will get reviews. so it will be interesting to see those.
Im on it! I'll be looking so tomorrow should be exciting and alot of discussion around this. Damn 22nd is a Friday? I planned on going out and drinking 😂😂 maybe have to change plans.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Im on it! I'll be looking so tomorrow should be exciting and alot of discussion around this. Damn 22nd is a Friday? I planned on going out and drinking 😂😂 maybe have to change plans.
yeah, it will be interesting. i hope, it is good game. we are in shortage of good SP games without any micrograbbingmoneyfromyou mechanics.

• Shake

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
The true 24 fps Cinematic experience with dumb AI with Meta score of 90 because multiplatform bwahahhahaha. I am waiting for the salt to flow from the steam mines when they realize the 1080's and 1660's they inherited from their grandpa cant run this game

• haha
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The true 24 fps Cinematic experience with dumb AI with Meta score of 90 because multiplatform bwahahhahaha. I am waiting for the salt to flow from the steam mines when they realize the 1080's and 1660's they inherited from their grandpa cant run this game
Because of this do you think Steam reviews will slay it?

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
A 1080 can run this game. Minimum requirement is a 1070.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No. People that can't run the game will not buy it. People will only bash the performance if they meet the requirements but it still runs like shit.
Hmmm thought thy might be sticklers because of the 30fps. OK, thnks for your insight.

Reactions: Infinity

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Because of this do you think Steam reviews will slay it?
Oh it doesn't take much to get a negative review on steam, getting black screen for more than 5 secs on initial boot up of the game and the pitch forks will be out telling its the worst optimized game. God forbid if the game has denuvo and stutters for a few seconds, Then there is no saving it. Anyways I feel looking at the wishy washy way they have gone about promoting about the technical aspects of the game, this looks like a jedi survivor in the making. Especially on a game which is CPU bound heavily and most people don't upgrade their CPU's like they do their GPU's

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Oh it doesn't take much to get a negative review on steam, getting black screen for more than 5 secs on initial boot up of the game and the pitch forks will be out telling its the worst optimized game. God forbid if the game has denuvo and stutters for a few seconds, Then there is no saving it. Anyways I feel looking at the wishy washy way they have gone about promoting about the technical aspects of the game, this looks like a jedi survivor in the making. Especially on a game which is CPU bound heavily and most people don't upgrade their CPU's like they do their GPU's
this game is really CPU bound? are you sure?