Dragon's Dogma 2 Review and |OT| "If victory is elusive, seek new allies".

What do you think will be it's metacritic average?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Elden Ring has 59h story and DD2 22h. yet, Elden Ring has horse, fast travel and even shortcuts. DD2 don't, so you wasting time needlessly and it is huge padding to the game, you don't even have enough stamina. all world traversing is highly mundane.
Good point. Bloat and bs is real in games. Elden Ring imo does not have a bloat or needless quest bs.

Goronmon

18 Mar 2024
Elden Ring has 59h story

You could argue that it's mostly due to the massive map that is largely empty of interesting content. And the fact that quests and progression are kept as opaque and hidden as possible to pad out how long it takes to figure out how to progress.

Once you know what you are doing you can blast through the entire main quest in Elden Ring in just a few hours, just like many other games.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You could argue that it's mostly due to the massive map that is largely empty of interesting content. And the fact that quests and progression are kept as opaque and hidden as possible to pad out how long it takes to figure out how to progress.

Once you know what you are doing you can blast through the entire main quest in Elden Ring in just a few hours, just like many other games.
So damn BOTW must be considered a desert. Botw was empty and devoid of interesting stuff, I definitely would not categorize Elden like that at all. As I played it I constantly found new and interesting things unlike say a BOTW.

Reactions: Luffy123

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Elden Ring has 59h story and DD2 22h. yet, Elden Ring has horse, fast travel and even shortcuts. DD2 don't, so you wasting time needlessly and it is huge padding to the game, you don't even have enough stamina. all world traversing is highly mundane.
Gotta agree. 34 hours in dd2 so far and I barely have strength to continue.
You can't walk around the fucking bathal without fighting every 20 seconds. Like give me a break I want to go do a quest.
The game certainly is great but it is so annoying and maybe not padded... but lacking quality of life improvements. Feels like I am wasting my time.... and the inventory management is like a whole other minigame

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Finished. Ending spoilers
Kinda weak wasn't it?
You gotta walk away or hit the dragon which is not that well communicated.
So I hit the dragon, kill it in the arena, sit in the throne for 3 minutes, achievement pops out, no credits, main menu lol. Talk about nothingburger.
Of course that is only a good ending... not "real TM" ending.
So I talk to the jedi, somehow he takes me back in time, I use the item on the dragon and now I am tasked running around like an idiot in red apocalypse world, evacuating people and killing dragon statues?!
How is this side content, blaoted endgame considered true ending?!
And I don't understand any of it. so if I sit on the throne, there is forever peace but it's not real? what?

I am not doing this. I did a bit and it's just not that fun. Just kinda tedious and a lot of running.
So... talk about finishing a game with a whimper.
I hate this stuff. The game basically didn't end. Like what the hell, ending to a game is incredibly important! I don't like multiple endings and here there are multiple endings, 2 "normal ones" and 1 endgame bloat mmo one.
7.5/10
Good game, Enjoyed it a lot at some parts, great graphics and cool combat.
Got repetitive and I got tired of running around and running errands. Took me 40 hours.
I thought I would rate it higher but story is nonsense, characters don't matter.
It's just good combat and running around but what saves it is mechanics and that it's just very satsfying.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Finished. Ending spoilers
Kinda weak, wasn't it?
You gotta walk away or hit the dragon, which is not that well communicated.
So I hit the dragon, kill it in the arena, sit in the throne for 3 minutes, achievement pops out, no credits, main menu lol. Talk about nothingburger.
Of course that is only a good ending... not "real TM" ending.
So I talk to the jedi, somehow he takes me back in time, I use the item on the dragon and now I am tasked running around like an idiot in red apocalypse world, evacuating people and killing dragon statues?!
How is this side content, blaoted endgame considered true ending?!
And I don't understand any of it. so if I sit on the throne, there is forever peace but it's not real? what?

I am not doing this. I did a bit and it's just not that fun. Just kinda tedious and a lot of running.
So... talk about finishing a game with a whimper.
I hate this stuff. The game basically didn't end. Like what the hell, ending to a game is incredibly important! I don't like multiple endings and here there are multiple endings, 2 "normal ones" and 1 endgame bloat mmo one.
7.5/10
Good game, Enjoyed it a lot at some parts, great graphics and cool combat.
Got repetitive and I got tired of running around and running errands. Took me 40 hours.
I thought I would rate it higher but story is nonsense, characters don't matter.
It's just good combat and running around but what saves it is mechanics and that it's just very satsfying.
Literally how I felt this felt like an expansion rather than a standalone. Most of the scripts, if you played the first one you could easily tell no effort was put into the story quests, and it was just copying and pasting from the original with a minor tweak. My biggest gripe would be the lack of fast travel you should be able to hop on an oxcart and choose where you want to go and pay extra gold for it not teleport to the capital then run 15-20 minutes back to where you came from to complete a quest. Not to mention I was in the desert area to meet someone on a quest I went to the marker wait like 5 in game days to see if the individual would show up they didn't ran around for 2 hours came back still nothing. I had to go to reddit and find out that the quest individual may have randomly died in the game so I had to pay the morgue money to find the body so I had to waste a revival item just to continue the quest.

Reactions: rofif

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Map should have been twice as big with twice as many enemies, even then it would still be a 9

Felt like i spent 70% of the time playing this in the same 15 mile radius, fighting the same 7 enemies

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: quest4441