Dragon's Dogma 2 Review and |OT| "If victory is elusive, seek new allies".

What do you think will be it's metacritic average?

• Total voters

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Are you one of those people, whatever greedy, shitty, scamming things happens, you are in solidarity with your colleagues?

The guy thrown all gaming under the buss, called games uninteresting boredome slogs just to make this excuse which is laughable as people got to play it.

PR at all gaming devs expenses.
I think Itsuno is right though. Open world games have a design issue where fast traveling is way too abundant. Look at the giant failure known as Starfield. I REALLY LOVE when a game tries something unique with exploration. The only 2 games off the top of my head that attempts this on a AAA scale is DD and death stranding and I adore both of them for that.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
it isn't best action gameplay in RPG, this is pure nonsense. unless this is your second RPG in your life.
I’m my late here but just putting my opinion.

Dragon Dogma (the first one, I did not play the second yet) is for me of the very best action RPG gameplay created.

For example it is way better than the gameplay in Souls games for example… while I still believe as overall game it is inferior just taking the gameplay it is GOAT.

Dragon Dogma gameplay is that amazing… as game it was so-so.

Reactions: Sircaw and voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I’m my late here but just putting my opinion.

Dragon Dogma (the first one, I did not play the second yet) is for me of the very best action RPG gameplay created.

For example it is way better than the gameplay in Souls games for example… while I still believe as overall game it is inferior just taking the gameplay it is GOAT.

Dragon Dogma gameplay is that amazing… as game it was so-so.
Wow, an actual good take in this thread. Lmao, when it come to DD combat, if you know, you know.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I think Itsuno is right though. Open world games have a design issue where fast traveling is way too abundant. Look at the giant failure known as Starfield. I REALLY LOVE when a game tries something unique with exploration. The only 2 games off the top of my head that attempts this on a AAA scale is DD and death stranding and I adore both of them for that.
you didn't play Death Stranding enough or you just making shit up?

Death Stranding starts with walking, but it expands and you have OPTION. as it would be the same in DD2, if you would get swimming early, a bit later remove stamina consumption, a bit later you would get Horse.. Option, but you don't so.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
you didn't play Death Stranding enough or you just making shit up?

Death Stranding starts with walking, but it expands and you have OPTION. as it would be the same in DD2, if you would get swimming early, a bit later remove stamina consumption, a bit later you would get Horse.. Option, but you don't so.
I played Death Standing for 90 hours. The point I’m trying to make is these two games do what other don’t and try and make traveling FUN rather than making it a loading screen. So that you don’t even mind the travel back, because it’s entertaining you.

You can criticize the lack of mounts, etc, but then that would make the design of the game flawed because the open world map is not massive whatsoever. It takes no time to get back and forth. The one thing I can say they absolutely should have fixed is the stamina regen, it was bs in the first and it’s also bs in the sequel.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I played Death Standing for 90 hours. The point I’m trying to make is these two games do what other don’t and try and make traveling FUN rather than making it a loading screen.

You can criticize the lack of mounts, etc, but then that would make the design of the game flawed because the open world map is not massive whatsoever. It takes no time to get back and forth. The one thing I can say they absolutely should have fixed is the stamina regen, it was bs in the first and it’s also bs in the sequel.
you still don't get it, or you just blind and ignorant on super defense. i am here arguing for options, accessibility.

even Death Stranding has those as you can use multiple devices. you have a motorcycle. you have power lines and other travel options.

you out of depth trying to include Death Stranding as it has many many options. i call it bullshit that you played 90h of it as you don't even know the basics of the game.
you find motorcycle few hours into the game, and in chapter 2, you get to use a generator to power it up.

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
It's by design. Tech wise swimming, horses, quick travel is something that was possible in PS1. In fact in an interview Itsuno mentioned he didn't include fast travel on purpose.
I agree its by design because there is no fucking content, the travelling is like that because if quick travel were present the game can be finished in 10 hours flat.

• haha
Reactions: saltyashell

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
you still don't get it, or you just blind and ignorant on super defense. i am here arguing for options, accessibility.

even Death Stranding has those as you can use multiple devices. you have a motorcycle. you have power lines and other travel options.

you out of depth trying to include Death Stranding as it has many many options. i call it bullshit that you played 90h of it as you don't even know the basics of the game.
you find motorcycle few hours into the game, and in chapter 2, you get to use a generator to power it up.
We’re gonna have to agree to disagree lmao. I think you have to play it to understand my point of view. I can 100% see how “bad” DDs design is from an outside point of view. I felt similarly on my first run, but when I beat it I looked back at it very fondly.

Here’s your proof for DS, not quite 90 but close enough.

Reactions: Gediminas

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024

[PlayStation®5 / Steam]
  • Adding the option to start a new game when save data already exists.
  • Changing the number of "Art of Metamorphosis" items available at Pawn Guilds in the game to 99.
  • Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game.
  • Miscellaneous text display issues.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes.
[PlayStation®5]
  • Adding the option* to switch Motion Blur on/off in Options.
  • Adding the option* to switch Ray Tracing on/off in Options.
  • Adding the option to set Frame Rate at Max 30fps in Options.
[Steam]
  • Improving quality when DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION is enabled.
  • Fixing an issue related to the display of models under some specific settings.
  • *These options won't affect frame rate significantly. Improvements to frame rate are planned for future updates.
Updates to Xbox Series X|S are planned in the next few days.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Some shots (ps5). The game looks amazing

gL9FdH7.jpeg

xdlM1Iz.jpeg

QGSsLiT.jpeg

fFyVIkC.jpeg

4X0M6qI.jpeg

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Where the hell is that stupid boy rogier. I’ve scoured the whole battlefield townsfolk talk about. Cool fight there but no rogier.

Also btw slash or strike? I have flamberge and some big hammur. Similar damage but one is slash, other strike + more knockdown

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
No. It's not defending MTX to point out they're irrelevant, available in games, and people are lying about how you need to pay real money to fast travel or change your character. I do not think they should have included them, however, they're irrelevant. You do not have to buy them. It's not a gacha, not spending money does not constrain you. Why are you incapable of being honest about the effect on the game and what the purchases do? See above where users on this website are lying about the purchases. Content creators are apologising because they're wrong.

For presumably an adult I'm confused as to how you cannot separate MTX as a negative concept from their actual implementation/impact on the game. Is it inconsistent to point out Rift Crystals are as irrelevant to the gameplay as Red Orbs in DMC4? No.

But of course you do not mind defending people who literally lie about their function and call me a gaslighter for saying that's not the case.
dogma 2 slopped hard. Almost slopped as hard as starfield.

Goronmon

18 Mar 2024
I agree its by design because there is no fucking content, the travelling is like that because if quick travel were present the game can be finished in 10 hours flat.

This applies to every game though. Elden Ring is super short if you just remove all the exploration/traveling and just fought bosses.

Game is great though, about 45 hours in and I'm still maybe half-way through exploring the map.

Just switched to Mystic Spearhand and that is a cooler vocation than I expected.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This applies to every game though. Elden Ring is super short if you just remove all the exploration/traveling and just fought bosses.

Game is great though, about 45 hours in and I'm still maybe half-way through exploring the map.

Just switched to Mystic Spearhand and that is a cooler vocation than I expected.
I mean there are speed runners that can do these Gane in like 1/10 of the time.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Elden Ring has 59h story and DD2 22h. yet, Elden Ring has horse, fast travel and even shortcuts. DD2 don't, so you wasting time needlessly and it is huge padding to the game, you don't even have enough stamina. all world traversing is highly mundane.

Reactions: Gamernyc78