Dragon's Dogma II - Capcom's Highest Concurrent User-Peak SP Game (Currently 173k) Beating out RE4make | Game releases with multiple microtransactions

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Dragon's Dogma 2 has releases on Steam with negative reviews, over microtransactions and bad pc peformance, despite this, the game iss scoring nearly 200k simultaneous players

GJPn_beXwAAFfTG

this-is-insane-to-me-v0-r6a5wklprspc1.png

GJPd0AFWoAAjj6B

You cannot start a new save as well:

GJPpSdiWoAAovY5

Last edited:

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
LMAO microtransactions in a fucking single player game? Capcom are out of their mind.

Reactions: Airbus

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Constant Trolling
With those reviews there will be a mass exodus of refunds, sorry console bros but you're stuck with this junk.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
LMAO microtransactions in a fucking single player game? Capcom are out of their mind.
Extremely common with Capcom's games. Fortunately it has zero impact on the game. Negative reviews complaining you can pay $2 to buy an extra item you can get in the first hour of gameplay are just silly. Sure it's stupid, but don't pay? It genuinely doesn't impact anyone. E.g. these items from Resident Evil 4 remake.

• thisistheway
Reactions: xollowsob

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
RE engine open world "game". The dumb pawn AI keeps repeating its 3 garbage chatter lines every 2 mins. The movement and climbing is janky too. They even have the emergent fetch quests of bringing potions to npc's from the original one as well

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
Extremely common with Capcom's games. Fortunately it has zero impact on the game. Negative reviews complaining you can pay $2 to buy an extra item you can get in the first hour of gameplay are just silly. Sure it's stupid, but don't pay? It genuinely doesn't impact anyone. E.g. these items from Resident Evil 4 remake.
True, its just still mind boggling to me.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
True, its just still mind boggling to me.
Yeah I think it's stupid but I just saw someone on Reddit say they bought it because they wanted to edit their character...
It's free money that doesn't impact people who don't pay.

Also worth reminding people that Helldivers also faced this initial negative response about microtransactions, anti-cheat, and so forth before going massively positive.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
In the end Capcom always wins and Dragons Dogma will be a smashing success no matter what

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
What's messed up is these items are used for are Riftstones currency used to rent other players pawns and Wakestones which are used to revive yourself or pawns if they die. These can be earned in game of course but Capcom is going the Ubisoft route right now.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Ignorance is a bliss.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I think it's stupid but I just saw someone on Reddit say they bought it because they wanted to edit their character...
It's free money that doesn't impact people who don't pay.

Also worth reminding people that Helldivers also faced this initial negative response about microtransactions, anti-cheat, and so forth before going massively positive.
another bad take.

Helldivers got negative reviews mostly only because of servers. when servers were okey, the reviews were positive.

second, Helldivers is an online gaas game. it is not SP game.

third, no one here would defend any of this shit if it was Playstation game, or if Helldivers was SP game.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Folks pissed Should refund and buy HZD or ghosts. No MTX better optimized and all in all better games.

But Capcom has to b kept on a tight leash, they always manage to screw it up so negative reviews are a good practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luffy123

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Capcom finally have another bad game after the amazing last few years of residen evil village, remakes and the monster hunter world game