Driveclub is insane!

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
We've all seen the gifs. We all know it's a rain meme game but who here have actually tried it?

I only just got it and it's my first time playing it... and I am going INSANE over here. The game feels, sounds and looks so good. 2014?! Are you fkn kidding me?! I have no idea how it is even possible.
The gameplay is very jagged and 1080p looks aliased but photomode supersamples it and it looks incredible. makes you think how good just 1080p can look. This is how it could look on ps5 in real time.
Even 30fps controls great. It is very snappy considering being 30fps. This game really only needs 4k+HDR and it would look better than any racing game out there.

Let's start with some vids I took.
Shows incredible rain and sound. You can hear gravel, foliage and everything that is happening under the wheels. Fantastic stuff. Sadly YT butchered the bitrate:

Now, to the screenshots. First let's get it out of the way. Gameplay vs Photomode comparison.
tzBr2uX.jpg

UQmfZ48.jpg

Now photomode shots I took today. I literally only did 2 races and I had to turn it off. The emotions are too much!
Dk1a0al.jpg

bnC5bvd.png

7uVwlzW.jpg

i5ayBc9.jpg

LMO01CG.jpg

X0EGkvO.png

HG6o0Fh.jpg

e0DuYDd.jpg

HoXOElj.jpg

BFlh6q1.png

0O5UVoX.png

W30Z1ee.png

Now, Some gameplay shots:
0ifhDXs.jpg

vMVVYR6.jpg

fvhKQp1.png

uxuLKEQ.png

And finally, OLED shots. SDR in SDR containter (not sdr in hdr)
keSHO8r.jpg

dP4ZlMO.jpg

sSlGiRb.jpg

OK, I am satisfied.
drinking that energy drink might've been a mistake

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Looks great for 2014. We've surpassed it since then though. Has great sense of speed!

• thinking_hard
Reactions: rofif

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We've all seen the gifs. We all know it's a rain meme game but who here have actually tried it?

I only just got it and it's my first time playing it... and I am going INSANE over here. The game feels, sounds and looks so good. 2014?! Are you fkn kidding me?! I have no idea how it is even possible.
The gameplay is very jagged and 1080p looks aliased but photomode supersamples it and it looks incredible. makes you think how good just 1080p can look. This is how it could look on ps5 in real time.
Even 30fps controls great. It is very snappy considering being 30fps. This game really only needs 4k+HDR and it would look better than any racing game out there.

Let's start with some vids I took.
Shows incredible rain and sound. You can hear gravel, foliage and everything that is happening under the wheels. Fantastic stuff. Sadly YT butchered the bitrate:

Now, to the screenshots. First let's get it out of the way. Gameplay vs Photomode comparison.
tzBr2uX.jpg

UQmfZ48.jpg

Now photomode shots I took today. I literally only did 2 races and I had to turn it off. The emotions are too much!
Dk1a0al.jpg

bnC5bvd.png

7uVwlzW.jpg

i5ayBc9.jpg

LMO01CG.jpg

X0EGkvO.png

HG6o0Fh.jpg

e0DuYDd.jpg

HoXOElj.jpg

BFlh6q1.png

0O5UVoX.png

W30Z1ee.png

Now, Some gameplay shots:
0ifhDXs.jpg

vMVVYR6.jpg

fvhKQp1.png

uxuLKEQ.png

And finally, OLED shots. SDR in SDR containter (not sdr in hdr)
keSHO8r.jpg

dP4ZlMO.jpg

sSlGiRb.jpg

OK, I am satisfied.
drinking that energy drink might've been a mistake
It still holds up today and with the weather effects still looks better than most racers. It is a truly memorable racer which I still have and jump on every now and then. Even though it is 30fps still feels Smooth asf too.

I'm glad your getting to enjoy this eye candy and spectacle of gaming.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I loved driveclub just for its track design. It gets better with the dlcs too with the cornering game and visual design of the stages. 30fps really does hurt it now tho and not having a ps4 pro patch was a missed opportunity for both DC and Bloodborne more than any other ps4 releases.

I blame Sony for the botched delivery and not Evolution.

The social aspect is missed. Seeing your friends ghosts and racing lines as well. Great arcade racer… some of these codemasters arcade racers have the evolution dna but not quite. DriveClub felt like a cross between PGR and Ridgeracer. It’s missed.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I've got the ps plus version I wanted to upgrade to the full version but there's no way to do it anymore :/

That’s where they friggin blew it. That demo sampler ps plus version. They should’ve abandoned that promise and just made the entire base launch game part of ps plus permanent library or something (like that temporary launch catalog of games with ps5 s). They initially gave players the assumption of a gamepass-like day one full game release. It was not.

Evolution could’ve been leveraged and a good fit for current Sony. The game was ahead of its time just a bit.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
That’s where they friggin blew it. That demo sampler ps plus version. They should’ve abandoned that promise and just made the entire base launch game part of ps plus permanent library or something (like that temporary launch catalog of games with ps5 s). They initially gave players the assumption of a gamepass-like day one full game release. It was not.

Evolution could’ve been leveraged and a good fit for current Sony. The game was ahead of its time just a bit.
The original promise was to give every PS+ subscriber the full base game and then they changed their tune to the watered down version.

One of their biggest misstep that generation was killing he studio since the game was still not a total flop. They doomed the studio from the start by giving them a deadline and didn't facilitate them with a public Beta to test things properly.

They left a whole in PlayStations portfolio still yet to be filled.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The original promise was to give every PS+ subscriber the full base game and then they changed their tune to the watered down version.

One of their biggest misstep that generation was killing he studio since the game was still not a total flop. They doomed the studio from the start by giving them a deadline and didn't facilitate them with a public Beta to test things properly.

They left a whole in PlayStations portfolio still yet to be filled.

The thing is Evolution has pretty much been broken up into various codemasters studios under the EA umbrella including the new Criterion.

EA has this arcade racer market to themselves right now outside of Forza Horizon but that’s an open world sandbox racer… not quite the same

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I loved driveclub just for its track design. It gets better with the dlcs too with the cornering game and visual design of the stages. 30fps really does hurt it now tho and not having a ps4 pro patch was a missed opportunity for both DC and Bloodborne more than any other ps4 releases.

I blame Sony for the botched delivery and not Evolution.

The social aspect is missed. Seeing your friends ghosts and racing lines as well. Great arcade racer… some of these codemasters arcade racers have the evolution dna but not quite. DriveClub felt like a cross between PGR and Ridgeracer. It’s missed.
All I can find is that they are still selling bike dlc but nothing else. We’re there other stuff?

The fucking bastards not only delisted the game but made it impossible to buy dlc for physical versions.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
All I can find is that they are still selling bike dlc but nothing else. We’re there other stuff?

The fucking bastards not only delisted the game but made it impossible to buy dlc for physical versions.
Because they didn't renew licenses for some parts of the game... So they removed everything

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Might’ve been marketed as a season pass content or something. It is possible it’s delisted. Not sure about the post mortem drama the game may have went thru.

The dlc circuits were a lot cooler than the vanilla content. Weather effects and scenarios implemented into the races and those Japan stages were stunning.

There is some moments of flat lighting in the game and mostly in the vanilla content. It’s one of those instances were there’s an improvement in tech with each drop.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

I've got the vr version aswell which is really great would be amazing if they updated it for the vr2 so it wasn't as blurry

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It was awersome, but sadly they had many issues with the online said at launch and weren't able to deliver at launch all the content they wanted. Other than that, I think it was great.

Nice to see that Hermen and Jimbo hired a lot of former Evolution games by acquiring Firesprite. With Firesprite they basically got Evolution + SCEE Liverpool Studio + Bizarre Creation.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony made terrible decisions regarding evolution but delisting racing games is par for the course for the genre due to licenses. Happens across all platforms.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It was awersome, but sadly they had many issues with the online said at launch and weren't able to deliver at launch all the content they wanted. Other than that, I think it was great.

Nice to see that Hermen and Jimbo hired a lot of former Evolution games by acquiring Firesprite. With Firesprite they basically got Evolution + SCEE Liverpool Studio + Bizarre Creation.
& they've not made one single good game

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-19-23-06-32-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-19-23-06-32-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2023-08-19-23-06-28-57_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-19-23-06-28-57_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 6