[Dunkey] Uncharted 4 Revisited

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Well, looks like his views on the game have improved over time lol. Wish I could feel as positively about this game, I had to bail about halfway through and finish on youtube

2 Jul 2023
The game has excellent combat hidden between long walking sessions. I agree with the positive points shown in the video, but I still think it was the most dragged-out Uncharted. Lost Legacy, on the other hand, is perfect. It takes the wonderful combat from the previous game and doesn't drag it out.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The game has excellent combat hidden between long walking sessions. I agree with the positive points shown in the video, but I still think it was the most dragged-out Uncharted. Lost Legacy, on the other hand, is perfect. It takes the wonderful combat from the previous game and doesn't drag it out.
Tbh I just couldn't take it after so many contrived reasons to keep going to different locations

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Still the best mechanical 3rd person action adventure game even above the Last of Us 2.

The story was mediocre and I still hate all thecharacter arcs.

The Set Pieces were a huge step back compared to Uncharted 3 and the locations were definitely the least Memorable in the franchise.

Multiplayer was a totally disappointment

But the game is a joy to play.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I love this game, and it's probably the best in the series. It's an all-time gaming moment for me when Drake rises above the surface after the scuba sequence.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Who is Dunkey and why should i care what he has to say? The Gamingbritshow already made a video on Uncharted 4

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Amazing game, wish that awful movie was never made and the PC port flopped terribly. Horrible Sony leadership is killing a legendary IP.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I'm of the opposite opinion: lost legacy was a snooze fest, U4 was amazing.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
One of the best PS4 games, I enjoyed it much more than Lost Legacy.

Story and set pieces are a big part of what makes an Uncharted game so good and 4 gets it right while Lost Legacy just doesn't.

Tbh I just couldn't take it after so many contrived reasons to keep going to different locations
Not a game for you then, that is a staple of the stuff Uncharted is getting inspiration from. There is a reason why Sully has a plane.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Loved it, gameplay wise the best Uncharted, probably the my favourite Uncharted.

The narrative of hate at the time was: “Pacing issues” Fucking video gamers… Probably another shill started this crap and mongs followed on

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Loved it, gameplay wise the best Uncharted, probably the my favourite Uncharted.

The narrative of hate at the time was: “Pacing issues” Fucking video gamers… Probably another shill started this crap and mongs followed on
It was the begging of the narrative that Neil Drukman was trying to destroy games.

Uncharted 4 is so good that the franchise needs to reinvent itself to move forward (like God of War after GoW3).

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

My theory is u4 was the first uncharted for some of these people and what they called pacing issues were throw back the the other games like the attic scene. Love that scene so much

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Great game, but the first few chapters are pretty slow... So on replays you have to run through them.

That's what ND have to try and avoid in their future games and I know that having a very narrative heavy game kinda requires a lot of info delivery to put you in the story but there are methods.... you don't have to know every detail at the start.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It definitely has pacing issues
Id never heard anyone complain about packing issues in a game until U4.
While playing the game, I never though. Ah what, the pacing in this game is horrible. I just played and enjoyed.

Theres games that last 50+ hours. They never got the pacing issues treatment either. Its nit picking in my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That's what ND have to try and avoid in their future games and I know that having a very narrative heavy game kinda requires a lot of info delivery to put you in the story but there are methods.... you don't have to know every detail at the start.
I think that the first TLoU game had a good balance, the cut scenes were never longer than two minutes, the dialog was efficient and impactful. No need for hours and hours of walking\swimming without real action (action movie style action in the case of Uncharted).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
One of the best PS4 games, I enjoyed it much more than Lost Legacy.

Story and set pieces are a big part of what makes an Uncharted game so good and 4 gets it right while Lost Legacy just doesn't.

Not a game for you then, that is a staple of the stuff Uncharted is getting inspiration from. There is a reason why Sully has a plane.
oh yeah i dont think it was a bad game at all.