Dusk Golem: Resident Evil 9 To be announced soon and released January 2025. |UP| Leon to be protagonist.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
fe50681513ea83f40bcca2de633cb46f

Various sources, including Dusk Golem, have speculated about the protagonist of Resident Evil 9. A recent leak claimed that Leon S. Kennedy was going to be the protagonist of the game's prologue and that, subsequently, another character would take over the story.

However, several tipsters have clarified this report in recent hours and claim that Dusk Golem actually meant something else. Now, it is said that Leon S. Kennedy will be the protagonist of the title's entire story.

That said, it's unclear whether Leon will be the only playable character or there will be a co-star. Fans are excited about Leon being the protagonist of the new installment, as he is after all one of the most beloved characters in the series.

Source

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Leon will be like pushing 50 years old in resident evil 9

No doubt about his experience but is he physically combat ready?

I know its videogame but human aging applied too there

Unless he took virus injection like Jill Valentine or Ethan Winters molds

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
I thought Chris was going to be the main protagonist in Re9?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

golf clubs are stronger than 50 years old guys, that's for sure..

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

This is an issue I hsve seen by msny Japanese devs. Tve time skips are too big. Why don't they make time shifts like 2-3 years per game? No it needs to be at an average of 8 years at least passing by each new installment.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I thought Chris was going to be the main protagonist in Re9?
At the end of RE8 ending it seems like were back to chris redfield again after ethan winters dead

The previous old leaks on many resident evil youtube channel i follow was indicating its going to be chris again

But this recent development shows they ve scrapped the plan and go with Leon probably a one last ride with leon in mainline series

Reactions: Umar

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This is an issue I hsve seen by msny Japanese devs. Tve time skips are too big. Why don't they make time shifts like 2-3 years per game? No it needs to be at an average of 8 years at least passing by each new installment.

RE6 was set in 2012-2013.
RE7 was set in 2017.
RE8 was set in 2021.

They just like to set the game in the same year as they release the game.
But yeah, that is going to force Capcom to plan for new playable characters for sure.
Might happen as soon as the next game.

If Leon is the main playable character, they're 100% going back to 3rd person.
I mean, the DLC for village being third person was def an indication of that being a very real possibility.
Ain't no way Capcom would prevent thirsty players from seeing him at all times.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think all this RE9 stuff from Dusk Gollem is made up stuff and guesses. I remember when he shared a supposed rejected RE7 concept art / gameplay mockups of the game set in Venice, and turned out to be just another lie from him, since the art was just some fanart from an Eastern Europe concept artist totally unrelated to Capcom or any RE game.

I think RE9 won't be released before 2026. And yes, after some mainline RE games not featuring Leon I think it now would feature him in addition to -as hinted at the end of RE Village- Chris too.

It depends, if set just after RE Village he'd be 44. Which for a Japanese devs he's basically 25 years old.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I am just glad they went with Leon, reset era will be malding so that is a win already

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I am just glad they went with Leon, reset era will be malding so that is a win already
If they have someone to hate in resident evil its not leon but chris redfield

Chris is the classic alpha white cis male bsaa team leader with authoritarian issue

Chris demeanor and attitude in RE8 look abit similar to Fallout 4 Elder Marxson BoS leader

They have similar coat too
images

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
If they have someone to hate in resident evil its not leon but chris redfield

Chris is the classic alpha white cis male bsaa team leader with authoritarian issue

Chris demeanor and attitude in RE8 look abit similar to Fallout 4 Elder Marxson BoS leader

They have similar coat too
images
Oh Chris being the MC will be another greater shitshow because he will be the wrong redfield :ROFLMAO:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Oh Chris being the MC will be another greater shitshow because he will be the wrong redfield :ROFLMAO:

I would like to see another appearance of Claire, but I think she is the least logical returning MC in the current RE timeline. All the others have some kind of military background and training, they are sent to missions.

The only possibility would be to have her again at the wrong place at the wrong time.