Earlier today, Concord had 29 players on Steam. This means there were 2 matches happening and 9 people waiting in a line.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
11 days after release, the number of Concord players on Steam reached 29.
Now, the game is 5v5 which means no match can start before it fills 10 slots. So at that time, only 2 matches of 10 people each were happening, while 9 people were in line waiting for someone to join the game.

1725359816379.png

Next step is probably to just close the servers.

This isn't just bad, it's super embarrassing.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Being able to disable crossplay matchmaking kinda makes this worse for pc players (it should always be a feature to disable). They’re gonna be forced to issue refunds on steam. The game is effecfively broken when there is no population. PS situation surely not far behind.

I’m really curious to see how Sony is gonna handle this. It needs immediate action whatever the course.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
11 days after release, the number of Concord players on Steam reached 29.
Now, the game is 5v5 which means no match can start before it fills 10 slots. So at that time, only 2 matches of 10 people each were happening, while 9 people were in line waiting for someone to join the game.

View attachment 5508

Next step is probably to just close the servers.

This isn't just bad, it's super embarrassing.

This doesnt mean 9 players were waiting. What makes you think they arent playing with PS players?
Played yesterday at lunch time and evening and had no match making issues.

Steam numbers arent gonna give you the full picture.

Also they arent gonna close the servers. As much as people keep parroting it. Someone was saying tax return… Its not gonna happen. We all know you and a few more have a hate boner for this game. Give it rest, you’re making up situations atm, “this means 9 players were waiting”….

Destruction All stars sold zero copies and the game didnt close down. The servers are still going but the game got a bug in May 2024 which made it impossible to play, Factions is still going. PS games arent gonna close because of low Steam numbers

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
This doesnt mean 9 players were waiting. What makes you think they arent playing with PS players?

Also they arent gonna close the servers. As much as people keep parroting it. Someone was saying tax return… Its not gonna happen. We all know you and a few more have a hate boner for this game. Give it rest, you’re making up situations atm, “this means 9 players were waiting”….

Destruction All stars sold zero copies and the game didnt close down. The servers are still going but the game got a bug in May 2024 which made it impossible to play, Factions is still going. PS games arent gonna close because of low Steam numbers
The ot says to turn off crossplay.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I REALLY love this game, I still can’t stop playing it. Once you master 5-6 characters it really shines, adding perks and experimenting. Lennox is an absolute monster, we went on a 15 win streak last night. I’ve been weaving between itz, duchess, Roka, kyps, vale and starchild.

Although player count genuinely scares me. I often run into the same usernames every other day, and the community seems to be getting skilled quickly. Makes me think it’s a pool of about 1000 people currently, which is quite depressing considering the quality of the game.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Played the 3 modes 4-5 hours ago.
No issue with matchmaking… in fact I was getting match after match with less than 30s.

It was better than last on Monday… and I have Crossplay off.

The game continue being a blast to play…

• fire
Reactions: Kokoloko

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Being able to disable crossplay matchmaking kinda makes this worse for pc players (it should always be a feature to disable). They’re gonna be forced to issue refunds on steam. The game is effecfively broken when there is no population. PS situation surely not far behind.

I’m really curious to see how Sony is gonna handle this. It needs immediate action whatever the course.
Imagine, physical stock if they would go F2P 😂 i imagine all suppliers would be highly pissed, or Sony would have to refund all costs.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024

You honestly think PS number are a factor X of Steam? I highly doubt it.
For Helldivers, the most players were on PC. Why should this be different?

Good for you for liking the game, but come on. PS probably has under 1000 ccu. And even though way more then PC, it's still abysmal.

But we'll never know because Sony only gives numbers when a game is succesfull. That alone should be something to worry about.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Good for you for liking the game, but come on. PS probably has under 1000 ccu. And even though way more then PC, it's still abysmal.

But we'll never know because Sony only gives numbers when a game is succesfull. That alone should be something to worry about.

Because I actually play it and its barely any PC players when I turn cross play on or playing with others.
No1 is saying its successful, but theres people playing it on PS

Were most playing for hD2 on Steam?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

You can play without any issue even with cross play off on PS5…
Even with 2k CCU on PC you had matchmaking reaching 3-5 minutes on Beta.

Do you understand now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
The player count is abysmal. Even if the PlayStation playerbase outnumbered the Steam playerbase by 100:1, it would still be abysmal for a game like this. Realistically, this game likely has fewer than 5,000 players total across all platforms. It will inevitably go F2P, at which point I will add it to my Steam library and give it a try. But I don't think even that will save it. Very ill-advised move on Sony's part and I'm surprised it got greenlit at all.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Worst bomba of all time. Sony should cut their losses and port their back catalogue to PS5 and PC. Way more profitable...

Just leave Bungie and Arrowhead as your to go gaas studios. All the rest should focus on single player games of different budgets and genres.

The worst thing is, SJWgame$ looked even worse. M

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The player count is abysmal. Even if the PlayStation playerbase outnumbered the Steam playerbase by 100:1, it would still be abysmal for a game like this. Realistically, this game likely has fewer than 5,000 players total across all platforms. It will inevitably go F2P, at which point I will add it to my Steam library and give it a try. But I don't think even that will save it. Very ill-advised move on Sony's part and I'm surprised it got greenlit at all.
That is what doesn't make sense to me....

Let's take the Beta where crossplay was OFF by default.
PC has 2k CCU at peak and people complaining about 3-5 minutes waiting to get matchmaking.

PS5 has never that bad in matchmaking... neither in the Betar or today... so there is no way PS5 players total is just 5k.
In fact mos of the matches yesterday where below 40-50s... a lot of them where less than 20s on PS5 with cross play off.
PS5 experience is way better than peak of PC experience (that happened on Beta)... so it should be peaking way higher than 2k CCU on PS5.

So the math is not working.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I dunno why people who enjoy this game keep wasting their time replying to the same tired old recycled comments / threads.

We know the game is a flop, Steam numbers are tragic, I'm sure PS5 numbers aren't great either, but those who bought the game are enjoying it.

I don't know why this game has been the exception on this forum to be dog piled on every single day, yet I see mods quick to react to other threads and consolidate the discussions to a singular thread if a duplicate is made.

How many different threads does this forum need about player pool?

Even the OT is dead here as I don't even see the point in discussing anything here with the few peeps who enjoy the game.

If the threads were being made for healthy discourse it wouldn't be so bad, but it's literally just the same two people doing it daily...

@ethomaz and @Kokoloko I suggest you both stop wasting time giving rational responses and enabling this as well.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Well Astro is soon to wash the bad taste of this off, Honestly at this point its getting boring to dunk on this mediocre game. That said there should be consequences, firings and a house cleaning should take place at firewalk because if the same people make another game I sure as shit won't buy it again

Reactions: ToTTenTranz