Edge Magazine Review Scores | Issue #396 (FFVII Rebirth, Helldivers, Skull & Bones etc..)

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Helldivers 2 is easilly a 10 without the server issues.
HD2 is my GoTY and there ain't no way in hell it's even a 9 lol.

The game is way too buggy, there's some real cheap AI mechanics going on on harder difficulties, the graphical fidelity is ok at best, there's not much to say about the sound design, the stealth mechanics are weak, the first person mode needs work.

Outside of that, it's the best 8 out right now.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You need understand that FF7 remake and Rebirth are not really remakes (there's a lot more to it story wise) But I'll let you figure out that on your own.
nah, it is the same 😁
image0.jpg

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
HD2 is my GoTY and there ain't no way in hell it's even a 9 lol.

The game is way too buggy, there's some real cheap AI mechanics going on on harder difficulties, the graphical fidelity is ok at best, there's not much to say about the sound design, the stealth mechanics are weak, the first person mode needs work.

Outside of that, it's the best 8 out right now.
10/10 easy with no serve issues. Instant classic.

• Shake
Reactions: Cool hand luke

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
80+ hours into Rebirth, it's an excellent 9.0/10 with my biggest negatives being the side content (side quests in particular) being the basic shit that's in every open world game, not being able to customize the HUD and while this applies to open world games in general, please stop making the player look for spots to climb up/down. Games need to copy AC Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla in regards to how you traverse the open world. It's a fucking video game. Not reality. Let me climb anything and everything. Overall though, still an excellent game.
Even if the side quests are basic, a lot of them have great payoffs. Did you not like the chicken quest in gongaga? I legit felt bad lol

Reactions: Gamernyc78

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Even if the side quests are basic, a lot of them have great payoffs. Did you not like the chicken quest in gongaga? I legit felt bad lol

The rewards are nothing special. It's experience, gil, etc. The chicken quest using that stupid noisy box/tin? If so, I hated that fucking quest. One of the worst side quests I have ever played and completed.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The rewards are nothing special. It's experience, gil, etc. The chicken quest using that stupid noisy box/tin? If so, I hated that fucking quest. One of the worst side quests I have ever played and completed.
Lmaooo but you ate the chicken at the end

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Lmaooo but you ate the chicken at the end

Yeah, that was funny but the quest itself sucked. Some of the outcomes and humor is good but all of the quests themselves through ten chapters have been decent at best. I really don't see what others and reviews were raving about.

The second picture is better. Sometimes, less is more.

That's not less. That's flat out nothing. lol

Ff7 remake is a travesty and an abomination.

As someone who played 15 minutes of the original and turned it right off, I liked Remake a lot and im loving Rebirth for the most part. To each their own but give me remakes. I need Chrono Trigger next!!!

Last edited:
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
You see nothing. I see charm, character and simplicity.

That first picture is generic 'green vista' with too much shit thrown on the screen for the sake of it. It's like Michael Bay made it. All noise, no substance.

Ff7 stopped being a remake the second Turn based combat was removed. Calling it a remake is false advertising and fake news. Sad.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You see nothing. I see charm, character and simplicity.

That first picture is generic 'green vista' with too much shit thrown on the screen for the sake of it. It's like Michael Bay made it. All noise, no substance.

Ff7 stopped being a remake the second Turn based combat was removed. Calling it a remake is false advertising and fake news. Sad.
This is fan fiction at its most delusional

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
This is fan fiction at its most delusional
Opinions aren't allowed unless they go by your approved world view?

OG Pokémon on the GameCube is better than the slop nowadays.

Chained Echoes is the best (J?)RPG since the 90s and that had N64 graphics.

Less is sometimes more.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Opinions aren't allowed unless they go by your approved world view?

OG Pokémon on the GameCube is better than the slop nowadays.

Chained Echoes is the best (J?)RPG since the 90s and that had N64 graphics.

Less is sometimes more.
I didn't say your opinion isn't allowed, i said it was delusional. You can ascribe all sorts of bullshit to a simple green 2.5D 16bit background but the facts are that the people who were in charge of the first one are the ones doing the remake, and their vision is what was intended (plot changes aside) for what Gaea was always meant to be, aside from technical limitations. You're free to view your distorted and projected version to be superior, but you'd be wrong.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, that was funny but the quest itself sucked. Some of the outcomes and humor is good but all of the quests themselves through ten chapters have been decent at best. I really don't see what others and reviews were raving about.

As someone who played 15 minutes of the original and turned it right off, I liked Remake a lot and im loving Rebirth for the most part. To each their own but give me remakes. I need Chrono Trigger next!!!
This is me.