Elden Ring: Shadow of The Erdtree Trailer. Rumored to release June 21,2024. |UP| More Erdtree info from interview & No plans 4 sequel but open to it.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Update Interview:​

Update: SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE RELEASES JUNE 21, 2024​

Physical retail versions of 'ELDEN RING: Shadow of The Erdtree' will only be available for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S (base game on disc + digital expansion)

GG0nViIaoAAeW2p

GG3og2xW4AA3xd3

GG3pQbhXUAAH5Ek

swyfwudywn

Update:

Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree Details: More Dense Seamless Map, Largest Expansion Ever

Also...

No plans for Elden Ring sequel or new DLC, but not ruled out" says Myiazaki​

FromSoftware isn't ready to call the newly revealed Shadow of the Erdtree DLC the end of the Elden Ring saga.

"We don't want to say this is the end of the Elden Ring saga for now," he said. "I think we said a similar thing at the end of Dark Souls 3. We didn't want to flatten those possibilities or put a pin in them just at that time. And it's a similar story with Elden Ring. We don't want to discourage the possibilities for that. There might be more ideas in the future. "We don't have any current plans to make a second DLC or a sequel, but we definitely don't want to snuff out that possibility. We think that there could well be something the future.

Also from interview...
With several more games released by FromSoftware since Dark Souls 2, Miyazaki now seems more comfortable entrusting future games to other directors, saying there

“is a high possibility that we would delegate responsibility of director to those other Souls-ish games going forward.”

It’s an idea he doubles-down on:

Yes, I think it’s very likely that we’ll see new directors going forward. And I think if we do that, I’d like to step away from that supervisory role and give them full direction and full control over those projects. I think really this is the best way and the easiest way for them to flourish within that environment and with those new projects.”

While Miyazaki doesn’t elaborate too much, he tells IGN that how he managed the role of Supervisor during work on Dark Souls 2 is “one little area of regret” for him. Personally, he enjoys “a lot of projects where I am director, so I think a supervisor role for me is just something I’m not used to and just is maybe not quite a good fit.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Nintendo Direct, Elden Ring DLC trailer, Rebirth Demo part 2 all on the same day.
Gamers do be eating tomorrow.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Announce of a complete edition would be great. Wonder if the DLC will be next gen exclusive. We have seen that move with Horizon already.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Here's what we know about Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree​

Let's start with the most important information about the DLC, namely the release date.

Release date​

Although we are not 100% certain, we believe that the Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree DLC would release on June 21, 2024 .

Why are we not sure, quite simply because this date of June 21, 2024 corresponds to the release date of several special editions of the game on the different platforms. Here is the list of these special editions.

New editions of Elden Ring will be released soon​

For those who don't always have a physical or digital copy of the game, we have good news for you.

Indeed, in addition to the release of the DLC, Elden Ring will be released in the following editions in Standalone mode, that is to say, you will not need to have an independent copy of the game. Here are these editions which will be released on June 21, 2024 , with their price in France:

• Elden Ring Shadow Of The Erdtree (DLC included) – Goty edition ( Game of the Year ): 79.99 euros (physical copy available on PS5 and Xbox Series X )
  • Elden Ring Shadow Of The Erdtree (DLC included) – Collector's Edition : 259.99 euros (physical copy available on PC , PS5 and Xbox Series X )
Knowing that Elden Ring was already released in Collector's version upon its initial release, we do not know what the content of the new Collector's Edition of Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree will be.

For our overseas readers, these prices we just reported coincide with the current prices of the game on the official Bandai Namco store. You should find the prices in your local currency

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
June 21st isnt to far off so I'm happy if true :)

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It'll be summer and I'll rarely home but I guess I'll have to put a few hours off for this :)