Elon Musk x Twitter: The Joke that Keeps Giving

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
He wants to avoid paying for a trial, getting fined/paying penalties, and having to buy Twitter anyways because...

Well...

He already bought it, months ago... by signing the dotted line to buy it lol

The man has been trying to "return" a company he bought for months and making up shit along the way. All because his TSLA stock tanked as investors were WTF-ing the idea that he is going to run Twitter on top of everything else.

Reactions: Ezekiel and ethomaz

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
He wants to avoid paying for a trial, getting fined/paying penalties, and having to buy Twitter anyways because...

Well...

He already bought it, months ago... by signing the dotted line to buy it lol

The man has been trying to "return" a company he bought for months and making up shit along the way. All because his TSLA stock tanked as investors were WTF-ing the idea that he is going to run Twitter on top of everything else.
catch me if you can trailer GIF

Reactions: AniWeeb
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
In summary... he accepted that he brought Twitter.
At first week he already fired several execs and employees and is trying to change how Twitter works.

Let's see how it will end :D

Now it is not a joke anymore but serious business.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Love that the free speech absolutist keeps banning people that parody him, even when their name has "parody" clearly visible. He has such a smooth brain, it's awesome.

Less awesome is that now you can be openly racist, homophobic, just overall a piece of shit, and you don't get punished. Insult the great leader? Not allowed. Be pro holocaust? Completely fine.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don’t know if that happened in others places but here he launched the new “Official” seal but it was mess… fake/joke accounts had the seal while official personalities like President of a country not lol

He just killed the seal to try to fix things lol

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Echoes of "I'M MOVING TO CANADA IF TRUMP WINS" with people proclaiming to be done with Twitter simply because other people they don't like have access to it again, as Twitter hit historic levels of activity this week lol

i-thought-you-were-leaving-person.gif

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Echoes of "I'M MOVING TO CANADA IF TRUMP WINS" with people proclaiming to be done with Twitter simply because other people they don't like have access to it again, as Twitter hit historic levels of activity this week lol

Why am i not surprised by this post?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: PlacidusaX
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I missed the point here :D
That is good or bad?

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I missed the point here :D
That is good or bad?

But seriously, it's a good thing imo. Activity is at an all time high. People who were unfairly banned are able to return, not everyone yet, but it's a good start.

It's funny to me because as I said it is similar to people claiming they were going to move to Canada if Trump won, which was a complete bluff, as I believe will be the case here. The activity being at an all time high means Twitter is more popular than ever. I've read a lot of people saying they will leave Twitter over this, but are keeping their accounts for now lol. They aren't going anywhere, there is no viable alternative that suits their needs.

Engage with your community and block/ignore people you don't want to engage with, report real harassment if need be. It's not difficult to curate your experience on Twitter, the ones reeeing about this are just mad people they don't like now have equal access to the platform.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I don't mind parting with a reasonable amount of money per month if it improves QOL.

On YT I would have YT Premium, for no ads, screen-off play, and DL's, but I'm not paying 12.99 for it singularly. Until they decrease the price, or kill the competitors, I'll use YT Vanced.

For Twitter, I'd pay 8 a month or something, but I want the paid features to allow me to customise it into a purely post feed. No likes, retweets, sponsored, promoted posts etc.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
People who were unfairly banned are able to return, not everyone yet, but it's a good start.
Animated GIF

Like those calling black people the n-word, or the holocaust apologists? Because I've seen plenty of those back. The ones being banned are the ones parodying the supreme leader, because free speech is only when you want to be a racist dirt bag.

As for engagement being high, it's so good that smooth brain mollusk is pretty much begging for money and losing advertisers left and right. It's so good right now that people are paying for a check mark while impersonating real companies and people and getting them in trouble (like nintendo, for example). I'm not cancelling my account yet because it's too much fun watching the fireworks.

• haha

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Yeah I don't have any problem with legal speech being on the platform and if people don't like it they have blocking features to curate their experience. Wins for everyone. Though yeah banning impersonator accounts is stupid, but so was banning doctors and anyone going against approved narratives. I'm not shedding a tear for Kathy Griffin over her stunt tbh, but you know what sucked is the twitter info czars banning Dr. Robert Malone for, well you tell me - it wasn't for N-words and impersonation. Weird when the left decides to complain about censorship if you ask me.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah I don't have any problem with legal speech being on the platform and if people don't like it they have blocking features to curate their experience. Wins for everyone. Though yeah banning impersonator accounts is stupid, but so was banning doctors and anyone going against approved narratives. I'm not shedding a tear for Kathy Griffin over her stunt tbh, but you know what sucked is the twitter info czars banning Dr. Robert Malone for, well you tell me - it wasn't for N-words and impersonation. Weird when the left decides to complain about censorship if you ask me.

Legal speech where? In plenty of countries hate speech is a crime. How do you selectively allow for speech in some places but not others?

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Legal speech where?

Indeed, whose standard are they to use? US based company operates a platform adhering to US laws, should they be required to respect less free areas of the world and abide by their rules?

Idk how it all works tbh but I respect and admire the American approach to free speech (I'm old enough to remember the left saying "I might not agree with what you say but I'll die to protect your right to say it", haven't heard that from any lefties in quite some time) and read something to the effect that Elon basically wanted what was legal in his home country to be acceptable on the website he operates in that country. That makes sense to me. Don't like it? Make your own platforms, right?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Indeed, whose standard are they to use? US based company operates a platform adhering to US laws, should they be required to respect less free areas of the world and abide by their rules?

Idk how it all works tbh but I respect and admire the American approach to free speech (I'm old enough to remember the left saying "I might not agree with what you say but I'll die to protect your right to say it", haven't heard that from any lefties in quite some time) and read something to the effect that Elon basically wanted what was legal in his home country to be acceptable on the website he operates in that country. That makes sense to me. Don't like it? Make your own platforms, right?

"Less free areas" hahahahaha. Twitter must abide by local laws if it wants to operate in other countries. And being able to be a racist piece of shit does not make the US a freer place.

And btw, Musk is south African.

• haha