Everyone wants Sony to acquire this....

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
All of Konami gaming IP's.

That's right, Sony must look at how Silent Hill and Metal Gear are being handled and realize that they could do a better job.

Especially when they could provide the IPs to Kojima, who would make an instant classic.

Or even remakes and remasters from Bluepoint, of a fitting standard.

You know it's right. Tell me how much you agree below.
Without kojima metal gear isn’t really worth it and kojima has moved on from metal gear. Ps would have pay a premium which might not make it worth it. Konami gaming ip is alrdy being used for cross media stuff and brand for gambling machines and they are trying to revive their animation business based on their IPs. They’ve created a new animation division and a new triple A development team and another segment devoted to “ next generation” r&d tech. Precovid Sony had a chance of maybe getting Konami ip now it’s very unlikely. There business have become intertwined with their gaming branding even tho they weren’t using a lot of those ip. Buying ip just to remaster it’s really feasible when you have a lot of your own stuff that needs working on. A demon’s souls remaster would still take almost as long as a new game. Blue point current project is in its 4th yr. Buying the ip then paying for development of a new game would definitely not be worth because of how long it would take to recoup cost. If ps passed on 50+ square enix ip and 3 studios for just $300 mil they would definitely pass on Konami ip unless they were bargain bin prices.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I want them to go hard on second parties and find the next Naughty Dog, the next Insomniac, the next Sucker Punch.

No point getting these tired IPs.

Ember lab and arrowhead need to be brought into the fold. The fact that the former hasn’t announced a new game yet or ported the last one to other consoles is very interesting

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Ember lab and arrowhead need to be brought into the fold. The fact that the former hasn’t announced a new game yet or ported the last one to other consoles is very interesting

Arrowhead for sure.

I'm not convinced about Ember Lab due to it deleting on two brothers that could leave at any time.

I'd go for something like Arc System Works or IOI or Shift Up...

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Agreed. Konami doesnt know how to run them. Sony has the money. MGS sells good numbers. So does Momotaro Dentetsu in Japan.

Just buy all the konami IPs for video games. Let konami be able to use them for there puchinko stuff.

MGS and Silent Hill so Kojima can overlook them. Zoe too. Toyama on Silent Hill.

Castlevania would be great. 2D remakes and sequels. Plus the 3D games. They are not Bloodborne lol.

Bomberman (would also be easy on mobile/touch screen)

Suikoden because we always need more JRPGs

Momotaro Dentetsu is a good seller in Japan. Definitely needed if PS wants a portable and also for mobile

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Arrowhead for sure.

I'm not convinced about Ember Lab due to it deleting on two brothers that could leave at any time.

I'd go for something like Arc System Works or IOI or Shift Up...
Arcsys would be nice, I would love it if they could get some of the embracer studios like coffee stain. Cheap studios that make single A games but with really good sense for game design and non greedy.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Arcsys would be nice, I would love it if they could get some of the embracer studios like coffee stain. Cheap studios that make single A games but with really good sense for game design and non greedy.
Both would be great. But Id Sony to get some bigger IPs and make the next Sucker Punch/ND etc.

They have enough money to do it all. Get smaller studios, get bigger ips and buy bigger studios

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
IPs don't matter if your studios can't or won't do anything with them.
Im sure there are studios willing to make the next Silent Hill (Toyama) and the next 2D Castlevania(same guys who are working on
Shinobi/Streets of Rage 4).

Kojima doesnt need to work on MGS. Just overlook them. Remakes would be great too. They are amogst the bigger sellers on PS1/PS2.
Im sure he will want to work on ZOE 3.
Plus titles like Momotaro Dentetsu sell well in Japan, which Playstation needs more of. They need constant releases in Japan, not just once in a blue moon. Plus it doesnt require a big budget

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think it's too much focusing on the past. Konami IPs only mean things to older gamers. MGS, Silent Hill, Castlevania etc ... they mean absolutely nothing for Sony's, or Konami's, future IMO.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
If konami not doing anything with metal gear solid suikoden and castlevania....

Then yes they should try to obtain those ip...

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
If konami not doing anything with metal gear solid suikoden and castlevania....

Then yes they should try to obtain those ip...

Horizon is more popular than all those IP put together.

Its far easier for sony to create new stuff, they just need people wiling to work

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Thought this would be a thread about Square enix

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Horizon is more popular than all those IP put together.

Its far easier for sony to create new stuff, they just need people wiling to work
Understood but castlevania and metal gear solid are legendary ip

If managed properly could bring them into another lvl

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Understood but castlevania and metal gear solid are legendary ip

If managed properly could bring them into another lvl
The metal gear story has been told. There is nowhere else to really take that series. Same for Castlevania IMO. It’s better to have the games available to play as classic titles and move on.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
The metal gear story has been told. There is nowhere else to really take that series. Same for Castlevania IMO. It’s better to have the games available to play as classic titles and move on.
Making brand new ip itself is not easy task

Many different story and settings has been explored and used hundred times over by now

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko