Evolution 2022 is back next week, discussions, Announcements, wishes and cie. Update: leaked announcements! Starting at post #11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How often are there new game announcements at an event like Evo?

OP
OP
SSfox

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
How often are there new game announcements at an event like Evo?
For most fighting games there's always a big announcement.

Evo 2019 last offline Evo, SFV announced 3 characters, T7 announced new season + 2 characters, announcement of GG Strive, announcement of KOF15, Samsho announced new season and so on. So yeah Evo is a big place for fighting games announcements.

Reactions: Kokoloko

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Can't wait, just want to see Gief Gameplay on SF6. Give him greenhand back and stop the silliness already.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
As a teen I was deep into fighters but gave up around the age of 18 when shooters were taking most of my time. Adulthood has not made me go back. With that said I still love to watch for some reason, and I keep a lookout for EVO every year.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
what's the chances of a tekken 8 announcement. been 5, going on 6 years since tekken 7...

would kill for a new Virtua Fighter, or dead or alive as well. I really don't like 2D fighters all that much, and that's all there seems to be nowadays. Need more 3D.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I missed it so much, i really hope capcom pro tour comes back in full force next year. Pre covid we had so many globally attended tournaments in fgc, this year feels like 2000s/early 2010s when evo was really the only big one where all the big players showed up to.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
EVO 2022 day one announcements:
  • Arcade1UP announced a Marvel Vs Capcom 2 arcade cabinet, which includes many previous Marvel games by Capcom. All of them feature online multiplayer:
  • ARC System Works announced their Guilty Gear Strive season 2 roadmap for the next year. Features 4 DLC characters, crossplay support, a balance patch, input lag reduction for PS5 and reduction of server based loading times. Schedule dates may change, aren't written in stone:
    FZbcsVIX0AAMmRY
  • A decade later Capcom and SNK collaborated again with conmemorative posters by Shinkiro and Ogura:
    FZbe7PgXkAAS8a3

FZbe9HHX0AI6a9T
  • Got aameplay trailer of the next KOFXV DLC team, to be released this month. The game will get crossplay next year:
  • This spring Samurai Shodown will get a KOFXV based GGPO rollback netcode in all platforms except Switch
    FZbgvNZXwAAWNVM
  • NeoGeo Pocket Color Selection Vol.2 to be released with digital and collector editions
    FZbkZQjXkAACtGp

• Just in case you didn't knew it, King of Fighter 98 Ultimate Match Final Edition is available for PS4 featuring rollback, lobbies and spectator mode:
    FZbk1BeXgAEMpW5
  • Tasty Steve and James Chen are the next commnetators after Aru and Vicious to be announced for the real time commentator feature of Street Fighter 6:
  • Street Fighter League season starts this month with the Japanese one, followed by the US one in October, and for the first time there will be an European one.
  • More Street Fighter 6 announcements coming during this EVO.
  • Marie teased as the next Skullgirls character:
  • 10 years after its release, Persona 4 Arena just received a rollback netcode patch (available now)

Last edited:
Reactions: FatKaz

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Evo schedule featuring the events and (in the arrows in the left side) all the related Twitch channels with the livestreams:
https://www.evo.gg/schedule

Venue map with all the booths:
https://www.evo.gg/venue-map

Some highlights of (some aren't listed) the panels, exhibitions and interviews to be streamed today:
https://www.evo.gg/news/2022/2022-08-03-Friday-Showcase/

EVO fighting game news and results in real time:

Pro-tip to watch EVO: use https://multistre.am and paste there the URL of these 8 Twitch channels and put it in fullscreen in your secondary screen (I use a 4:3 one because I'm developing an arcade game), mute all the channel and then open Twitch window in your main screen with audio of the channel you want to see in that moment, or the youtube PlayStation channel to b able to review and watch some preview interview or highlights:
twitch.tv/evo
twitch.tv/evo2
twitch.tv/evo3
twitch.tv/evo4
twitch.tv/evo5
twitch.tv/evo6
twitch.tv/evo7
twitch.tv/playstation

image.png

Last edited:
Reactions: FatKaz

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Day 2 announcements:
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ won't receive more balance updates or new content, but will get a rollback netcode update on PS5, Xbox Series and PC (so not in PS4, XBO and Switch). There will be an upgrade program (I assume to get PS5 and Series version if you own the PS4 and XBO versions).
  • Multiversus DLC season 1 delayed: will feature Ranked and Classic game modes plus costumes like LeBron James as Robin, Valkyrie Brünnhilde for Bugs Bunny plus icons and banners
    06-multiversus-season1-costumes-lebron.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: SSfox

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
-WIP POST-

Day 3 announcements:
  • DLC Team Samurai announced for Autumn featuring
  • Shingo Yabuki and Kim Kaphwan confirmed as DLC characters to be included as future KOFXV season 2 DLC characters
  • New Fatal Fury game greenlighted (this means they still didn't start developing it, so will take several years to get released)
    FZlbP1pXEAE4Zhh
  • Bandai Namco didn't announce any game, but shown a super short teaser which seems to be a teaser for the next Tekken game, but could be another Tekken 7 season
    FZmP9qsVsAAKr8T
  • Kimberly and Juri have been announced for Street Fighter 6:

• Bridget wil be released today as the first Season 2 Guilty Gear Strive DLC character:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SSfox

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Holy fuck man Capcom can't get away with leaks

Anyway looks cool, but please put those on Spoilers in case some don't want to see before official reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.