Evolution 2022 is back next week, discussions, Announcements, wishes and cie. Update: leaked announcements! Starting at post #11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
SSfox

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
when do they start making big game announcements?

In general it's done after or before Top 8. There are already been announcements, summe by @Yurinka

what are the chances of a tekken 8 announcement?

2lCDw2T.gif

• fire
Reactions: Bodycount611

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
when do they start making big game announcements?
Day one announcements: https://icon-era.com/threads/evolut...ouncements-starting-at-post-11.545/post-20493

Day two announcements: https://icon-era.com/threads/evolut...ouncements-starting-at-post-11.545/post-20660

Day three announcements (WIP, I'll update it as they announce stuff): https://icon-era.com/threads/evolut...ouncements-starting-at-post-11.545/post-20806

Day 3 barely started. They are ending the first finals (KOFXV). After it comes Tekken 7, SFV and Guilty Gear Strive. They typically make announcements of the related games/series/dev after the finals of each game. We got leaked a couple of SF6 character announcements for today.

Edit: I just added the SNK announcements: DLC characters for KOFV announced, and mentioned that a new Fatal Fury game got greenlighted.

what are the chances of a tekken 8 announcement?
I think it's very likely that they'll announce it after the Tekken 7 finals. Harada got interview yesterday in the PlayStation show, but there he only reminded that later this month a new Tekken anime will debut on Netflix.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Bodycount611

Kyoji

22 Jun 2022
new dlc for KOF just announced. New teams, + cross play announced. Expect more announcements for street fighter tekken and strive later.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This is the image from the Doritos Awards twitter, where the Doritos Pope acted as he knew something about the next Tekken or that they were going to make a related announced at one of their events.

As can be seen in the white line of above, it isn't an image from PC. This is a screenshot taken from the stream.

FZmP9qsVsAAKr8T

Probably it's a Tekken 8 teaser, but who knows if it's a teaser of a CG movie, or a teaser for another Tekken 7 season.

Kyoji

22 Jun 2022
The tga account is only pandering annoucements as they happen at evo, they have been doing it all day, they are not trying to allude to anything, only reporting news as it comes like nigel and other gaming related twitter accounts

OP
OP
SSfox

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Seen interesting comment in a forum: "Hachi" is 8 in Japanese. If you watched that trailer and said "Heihachi is dropping"

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
SF6 English & Japanese 4K trailers of Kimberly and Juri, they both look great:

PS Blog post about Kimberly (seems a Kardashian version of Guy+Ibuki+Maki+Fuerte) and Juri (like Chun got her boobs reduced, the new design seems more similar to her SFIV one than the SFV one):

There has been a Guilty Gear Strive annoucement too: today it gets Bridget as the first season 2 DLC character.
https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/character/bridget/

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Nym and SSfox
OP
OP
SSfox

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Lot of awesome stuffs.

Also god lord i forgot how HOT Darli is in Samsho. I was super hype for that game but skipped it because of shitty netcode. But now with upcoming Rollback i'm considering buying it!!

Very awesome Evo.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
EVO had very good announcements and many epic fights at least in some finals I saw. People who attended presentially seems they had good vibes with improvements they had compared to previous years. From stuff like having water fountains (good luck buying a bottle of water in Las Vegas) to tournament organization stuff to things like having a 'con'-like huge area with booths of related, an arcade area, etc.

Some better screenshots and artwork:
kimberly.png

kimberly_ss02.jpg
kimberly_ss03.jpg
kimberly_ss04.jpg

kimberly_ss05.jpg

52255983658_565986db55_h.jpg

image.png

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Kyoji and SSfox

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
EVO had very good announcements and many epic fights at least in some finals I saw. People who attended presentially seems they had good vibes with improvements they had compared to previous years. From stuff like having water fountains (good luck buying a bottle of water in Las Vegas) to tournament organization stuff to things like having a 'con'-like huge area with booths of related, an arcade area, etc.

Some better screenshots and artwork:
kimberly.png

kimberly_ss02.jpg
kimberly_ss03.jpg
kimberly_ss04.jpg

kimberly_ss05.jpg

52255983658_565986db55_h.jpg

image.png

unm1pzfp2wg91.webp

• haha
Reactions: Yurinka
Status