Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Game could easily have like 6+ modes if they want.

cooperative modes (PvE)
  • small story mission (strikes)
  • big story mission (raids)
  • survival (like CoD zombies)
competitive modes (PvP / PvPvE)
  • battle royale
  • deathmatch
  • objective (CTF etc)

I wonder how they will split it. Whether it willl be one big connected living world like Destiny or it will be split up into menu’s.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

cooperative modes (PvE)
  • battle royale
  • deathmatch
  • objective (CTF etc)

So, very like The Division so?

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
I wonder how they will split it. Whether it willl be one big connected living world like Destiny or it will be split up into menu’s.
Wouldn’t surprise me if they copy Destiny’s hub world thing for whatever the story mode is.

For PvP stuff of course it’s just gonna be menus to join matches, unless it’s very much like The Division.

So, very like The Division so?
Kinda yeah, and like Destiny.

I could maybe see them copying The Division’s “dark zone” PvPvE and regular PvE zone map thing.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Man what got me excited about this project is Naughty Dog saying something along the lines of “Its gonna have our single player experience in an online game”

If they do a Co-op/PVE world where you can do co-op missions and play/survive in TLOU World like RDR2 online/ GTA online/ Destiny, it will be so awesome. Added with Naughty Dogs attention to detail, animations, Story, action scenes, voice acting etc it will be something that will keep me into online games. Id pay for that.

Plus PVP modes, classic factions and battle royale and Sony will be entering the online gaming world again properly

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Man what got me excited about this project is Naughty Dog saying something along the lines of “Its gonna have our single player experience in an online game”

If they do a Co-op/PVE world where you can do co-op missions and play/survive in TLOU World like RDR2 online/ GTA online/ Destiny, it will be so awesome. Added with Naughty Dogs attention to detail, animations, Story, action scenes, voice acting etc it will be something that will keep me into online games. Id pay for that.

Plus PVP modes, classic factions and battle royale and Sony will be entering the online gaming world again properly

They definitely need some guidance from Bungie so.... cause even Bungie have made mistakes recently even though they are the best at this stuff.

Like in a story mission, any of the party could skip an essential story cutscene that couldn't be accessed again.....

Balance and stuff like that is also a very fluid situation.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022

They’ve never said anything about singleplayer.

They just said it has a story.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They’ve never said anything about singleplayer.

They just said it has a story.

I think they meant the single player style experience. Not theres gonna be a single player mode.
But probably the gameplay plus story will have that Naughty Dog feel to it

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
I think they meant the single player style experience. Not theres gonna be a single player mode.
But probably the gameplay plus story will have that Naughty Dog feel to it
Unless/until they specifically mention singleplayer, I would not expect that.

All they’ve said is it’s a multiplayer game.

• brain
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
By single player experience they mean something with high quality story and writing segments

Neil said theres new characters and story so im asssuming its gonna incorporate traditional naughty dog style cinematic and set pieces into the multiplayer

• brain

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Man, this would be AWESOME. Dark Zone in the Division was the best, they completely fucked it up in The Division 2.

I just hope you can get loads of military spec equipment eventually to look tactical.

All the different helmets, camo's, boots, pads, holsters and webbing etc etc.

chuck norris beard GIF

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022

cooperative modes (PvE)
  • battle royale
  • deathmatch
  • objective (CTF etc)
Original TLOU Factions Modes:

Gameplay modes​

Supply raid​

Main article: Supply Raid
In Supply Raid, each team starts out with 20 respawns, and the goal of the match is to eliminate the opposing team. Red loot boxes are scattered throughout the map, usually out in the open and dangerous to approach without teammates. These contain materials needed to craft items. Health kits are also scattered throughout the map. Craftables are carried over after death, except for the 2x4 which needs to be modified first. Teamwork is essential; being a lone wolf is not recommended.

Survivors​

Firefly in Survivor match on "The Dam"

In Survivors, each player has one life per round without any respawns. The first team to win 4 rounds will win the match. Teamwork and survival is more important because of the lack of respawning per round. There are more red loot boxes than in Supply Raid mode, and they are usually located behind cover. Materials from red loot boxes and items crafted are not carried over each round, but armor and purchased weapons do. Note that teams play to the best of seven regardless, so if a game ends in a tie, there is a chance the teams could tie 3-3 in rounds won.

Sudden death and last man standing​

Last Man Standing in Supply Raid begins when the last player of one team can no longer respawn and when the player is alone in Survivor. In order to provide some degree of fighting capability, the game provides an extra amount of parts that the player can spend on ammunition, armor, or upgrading a particular weapon. If the player manages to reach a red supply box, the game also awards extra crafting items and even a Machete, albeit only once.

The team's radar also begins to highlight briefly enemy locations about every 5 seconds. No survival skill keeps you off the radar at this point, so if both teams enter Sudden Death, everyone's positions are briefly exposed to everyone in order to prevent camping and maintain the confrontation to decide the match's victor.

Interrogation​

Main article: Interrogation
In Interrogation, the teams must locate a Lockbox holding supplies by capturing an enemy and "interrogate" them. This is like an execution, except it takes slightly longer to kill the enemy. An interrogation can also be done with a shiv which takes much less time. The method is the same like regular shiv executions; either from behind an enemy or while an enemy is stunned. Five interogations are needed to reveal the lockbox's location and open it. Teamwork is important, as being killed can be a disadvantage to your team. If the team's lockbox is located, it will need to be defended to keep enemies from unlocking the box. Unlike the other gamemodes, there are no lives, so players can respawn infinitely, meaning "sudden death" can't occur.
As long as these 3x 4v4 modes stick around in F2, and there's duplicate modes or a lobby rule toggle with infected roaming around causing issues for both sides, man, that's all I want. Anything else is value plus, but if they've iterated the previous Factions setup completely out of the product, and don't fufil the one thing people have been wanting, it'll be a let down.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Unless/until they specifically mention singleplayer, I would not expect that.

All they’ve said is it’s a multiplayer game.

It will be an online game. Im just saying it might be than PVP and have that Naughty Dog magic.

I can’t remember where the original came from, an interview, leak, tweet or a comment from Naughty Dog?:

NAUGHTY DOG
TLOU Online Game

Planned as a Battle Royale but got completely rebooted. Described as a mix of Tarkov and Division with additional modes inspired by the original Factions MP. Single-player-like experience in online game. F2P, first on PS5 with further release on PC.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Do not underestimate how gigantic of a release this is for Sony. Honestly, it’s more important than TLOU2. Bigger ambitions. Bigger risk.

I wish them luck.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Do not underestimate how gigantic of a release this is for Sony. Honestly, it’s more important than TLOU2. Bigger ambitions. Bigger risk.

I wish them luck.

Much bigger return if successful also. This def isn’t just some little side project for them

This is why I believe Sony will not give up on single player. Because no one would give a fuck about Factions if we didn’t already play TLOU2 and understand how good the gameplay and production levels are. Making multiplayer comes with a baked in install base right off the bat.

Same will happen for Horizon Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.