Fairgame$ - Monetization and Success Predictions

OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Million dollar idea: Battle Royale or Extraction Shooter based on extreme (Dead by Daylight type) asymmetrical design. Solo players queue into matches as giant, powerful creatures. Squads of four queue into matches against the solo giants. Duos queue into the same matches as unique spy type partners.

It would solve one of the big problems multiplayer currently faces. Playing without friends is often an objectively worse experience than those playing with friends.
You’d crater harder than Concord

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Helldivers 2 wasn't a smash success because it was PvE, it was a smash success because they did enough to excite players into wanting to jump into that world.
Wrong. Helldivers 2 was a success because it played into the memes. Helldivers 2 was meme tf out all over social media including Twitter people where making memes & yes it being PVE played a huge part. Because Helldivers 2 is PVE only just about anyone could’ve join the game & enjoy the memes with there friends & community. Leading up to Helldivers 2 there wasn’t much hype outside the core Helldivers 1 fanbase

Also there wasn’t hype for Helldivers 2 leading up to the game. I was looking at Helldivers 2 first announcement most people where like hesitant on the game with most people saying it looks cool but nothing that would shock & blow minds. It wasn’t till the game got meme & player numbers started rising up fast, that’s when Helldivers started getting its hype + it receiving what felt bi weekly to monthly new content + the overpowered rail gun

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The best way forward for this is to pivot it into PvE with mission based levels like they did with Hitman, they can launch with 10 missions that players can plan a co-op heist for and then do episodic content every quarter charging 10 bucks for additional mission

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
The best way forward for this is to pivot it into PvE with mission based levels like they did with Hitman, they can launch with 10 missions that players can plan a co-op heist for and then do episodic content every quarter charging 10 bucks for additional mission
Spend 4 years building a PvP centric game with a PvP centric studio.

"Best thing to do is Frankenstein the project into a PvE game and watch as neither type of gamer likes it."

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Lol instead of FairGame$ they could have named the game vaultbreakers or some shit, this game has a cringe name along with a cringe premise. Might as well add "Save the climate" along with eating the rich.

I think the devs might start to understand that designing games around stupid social media culture wars might not be a good business move, despite what “consultants” might say.

Reactions: arvfab

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Free 2 Play will be a no go for me. I hate the scummy tactics to try and force utter tat on the screen. If I like a game I'd rather pay the amount if I think it's worth that.

PvP only would be a turn off too.

Reactions: Bryank75

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
PvP centric studio.
This is where you are wrong, Jade raymond and her team of ubisoft rejects are a joke, A PvE game will sell more than whatever mediocre PvP game they put out. I will bet my left nut that if they release this as PvP then this will be concord part deux

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
This is where you are wrong, Jade raymond and her team of ubisoft rejects are a joke, A PvE game will sell more than whatever mediocre PvP game they put out. I will bet my left nut that if they release this as PvP then this will be concord part deux
Good thing you have two.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This thread aged like milk
Turnt Up The Simpsons GIF

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Looks like all you Fairgame$ haters need to start kicking rocks...

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Fairgame$ is supposedly PvEvP and I expect a $40 price tag because Pay Day 3 is a full priced game. They have to market it a lot better then they did Concord though.

OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Wrong. Helldivers 2 was a success because it played into the memes. Helldivers 2 was meme tf out all over social media including Twitter people where making memes & yes it being PVE played a huge part. Because Helldivers 2 is PVE only just about anyone could’ve join the game & enjoy the memes with there friends & community. Leading up to Helldivers 2 there wasn’t much hype outside the core Helldivers 1 fanbase

Also there wasn’t hype for Helldivers 2 leading up to the game. I was looking at Helldivers 2 first announcement most people where like hesitant on the game with most people saying it looks cool but nothing that would shock & blow minds. It wasn’t till the game got meme & player numbers started rising up fast, that’s when Helldivers started getting its hype + it receiving what felt bi weekly to monthly new content + the overpowered rail gun
Xbox fanboy podcasts are saying Helldivers 2 everything a new Halo ODST should have been

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Xbox fanboy podcasts are saying Helldivers 2 everything a new Halo ODST should have been
ODST should never have existed.

Fairgame$ is supposedly PvEvP and I expect a $40 price tag because Pay Day 3 is a full priced game. They have to market it a lot better then they did Concord though.
The trailer of Fairgame$ makes the game look more my style than Concord did. I am looking forward to game play. Same goes for Marathon. I want to see more of that.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Will wait on the gameplay and combat loops before prediction the player counts and whatnot but in regards to how Sony will sell Fairgames, after Concord, I would be shocked if it's not a free to play game OR included in PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium but not available for sale. If it was up to me, I would go with day one in PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium. It's a co-op/multi-player game so PlayStation Plus would be required where as with free to play, it's not required. I would not sell the game at all because you have GTA with Heists and you have all three Payday games still up and running if I remember correctly.

The competition is far less for Fairgames than it is for Concord but you want to give it the best chance at success as possible. If the game has micro-transactions for cosmetics and stuff like that, then the PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium route would be the best decision in my opinion. This would increase subscriptions, possibly get people who are in Standard to upgrade to Deluxe/Premium and for those who are already in those tiers, possibly be interested enough to give the game a chance. The micro-transaction will make the game revenue on the back end.

We'll see what Sony does but if they go the $40 route, Fairgames better fucking do something unique, original and innovative as well as having one hell of a gameplay loop/hook.
Payday 2 still has legs, but Payday 3 flopped very badly (doing ~600ish CCUs as we speak) and has less than %40 positive reviews on Steam.

The subgenre's players seem to be ok with paying upfront (this will %100 be Sony's MO, they are trying to retain PS plus subs through this and will not be giving it away for free).

The big shark that they need to watch out for is GTA, that thing is a behemoth and will trample them if they aren't careful.

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Looks like all you Fairgame$ haters need to start kicking rocks...

What a stupid misinformed & utterly delusional take 😂😂😂

Reactions: Shmunter