False information, Clickbait Journalism & Popular Misconceptions

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It's all word twisting and manipulation by them... the problem is that Sony are silent.

I don't see Sony with any media releases to counter Microsoft who is left to completely control the discourse at large.

If I was Sony, I'd be looking at getting better PR.
I 100% agree with what you are saying there but it's also refreshing that Sony is not stooping to the level Microsoft is, i know its not ideal with what seems no fight back.

In the end i guess Sony will let their games doing the talking, as the best possible reply?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I 100% agree with what you are saying there but it's also refreshing that Sony is not stooping to the level Microsoft is, i know its not ideal with what seems no fight back.

In the end i guess Sony will let their games doing the talking, as the best possible reply?

For sure, they definitely shouldn't get down in the mud.

But to just release a few PR pieces to shut down false narratives being spread.... to do an interview here and there to clarify a few things before they get taken and twisted to the point they have Sony looking like the bad guy some how? I definitely think it's worth taking the time.

More worth it than the PC ports :p

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
On the silent hill debate, just want to add that Konami leaked documents show they pitched the game to Sony and I believe the estimated investment amount. It's very likely Sony cofunded the game.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It might be a Crash Remastered scenario again, where Sony are accused of money hatting when, in reality, they were pivotal in getting the games made.

and a lot of people are justifying the ABK acquisition by saying they will bring back smaller franchises like Crash, Spyro and Tony Hawk... even Guitar hero. They want to buy a load of plastic guitars now! (But no physical games)

Yet Sony had to help Activision to get a Crash Remaster off the ground and probably needed Sony contacts to get Sekiro published through them.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
It's all word twisting and manipulation by them... the problem is that Sony are silent.

I don't see Sony with any media releases to counter Microsoft who is left to completely control the discourse at large.

If I was Sony, I'd be looking at getting better PR.
Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
On the silent hill debate, just want to add that Konami leaked documents show they pitched the game to Sony and I believe the estimated investment amount. It's very likely Sony cofunded the game.
should have done exclusive then?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
should have done exclusive then?

I don't know the terms of the contract. Maybe the caveat was "we want your funding and will give you a timed exclusivity period". It keeps the door open for an Xbox port, for example, but doesn't necessarily mean it will happen. In the meantime, Sony will reap the benefits of their investment, or so they expect.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Does no one else find it strange that these two Xbox influencers that spend hours every single day for years console warring on Microsoft's behalf and constantly spread misinformation on Twitter are hanging out with Microsoft executives and marketing teams? All while Microsoft tries to put on some act they are against console wars? Not fishy at all!

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Does no one else find it strange that these two Xbox influencers that spend hours every single day for years console warring on Microsoft's behalf and constantly spread misinformation on Twitter are hanging out with Microsoft executives and marketing teams? All while Microsoft tries to put on some act they are against console wars? Not fishy at all!

Xbox have rewarded their worst zealot fanboys for their behavior for years. It's one of the worst things about Xbox corporate culture imo.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This absolute sellout needs to be in here, a very prominent anti-PlayStation reporter and the most anti-PlayStation personality in Japan.

The responses to him are hilarious, he got roasted.

Reactions: Eggman

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
This absolute sellout needs to be in here, a very prominent anti-PlayStation reporter and the most anti-PlayStation personality in Japan.

The responses to him are hilarious, he got roasted.

Ah yes Takashi, one of the kings of Playstation disinformation. Guy is dedicated to taking Sony's stock down

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75 and Nitro
OP
OP
Nitro

Nitro

Icon Extra
10 Apr 2023
North Pole
Shorter Takashi Mochizuki:

"Sony's guidance was correct but I found some external estimates that were higher, and Sony fell short of those."​

That's one of his best parlour tricks. Find someone who says the number should be higher than Sony's own guidance—an anonymous source, if needs must—then place undue emphasis on that substitute evaluation instead of the real thing. That way he can always foster disappointed around PlayStation.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Eggman and Bryank75

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
This guy doing his best Takashi impression and trying to twist Playstation's positive fiscal results into a negative. Unfortunately blowing up on reddit and resetera despite the guy just making his own conclusions based off nothing. "Software sales are down this year but revenue is up therefore sales must be down because of price". Like there aren't tons of other factors that may lead to decreased software sales like less compelling games compared to last year. Also prices were $70 last year and game sales are still up compared to 2019.

The guy just came up with a narrative and catchy headline and made up some data points to fit that narrative.

Also tries to dismiss the fact that current PS+ subscribers may be buying less games since more games keep getting added.to PS+

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitro

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This guy doing his best Takashi impression amd trying to twist Playstation's positive fiscal results into a negative. Unfortunately blowing up on reddit and resetera despite the guy just making his own conclusions based off nothing. "Software sales are down this year but revenue is up therefore sales must be down because of price". Like there aren't tons of other factors that may lead to decreased software sales like less compelling games compared to last year. Also prices were $70 last year and game sales are still up compared to 2019.

The guy just came up with a narrative and catchy headline and made up some data points to fit that narrative.

Also tries to dismiss the fact that current PS+ subscribers may be buying less games since more games keep getting added.to PS+
Reminds me of the time Dusk Golem made up that story about RE8 supposedly having so many issues running on PS5 because he felt like Xbox was getting too much negative press and he wanted to even the score.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Reminds me of the time Dusk Golem made up that story about RE8 supposedly having so many issues running on PS5 because he felt like Xbox was getting too much negative press and he wanted to even the score.
That was a bitch ass move. As a somewhat reliable leaker he should keep his personal preferences out of information relaying. Facts don't care about your feelings.