Famitsu Sales: 3/11/24 – 3/17/24 - Unicorn Overlord remains the week's top seller

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
We were talking about sales drop..... And Rebirth is selling better than 16 in other regions
Most regions it doesn't.
The data we have it is selling on pair or below FFXVI.

There is not even PR even when for FFXVI and FFVIIR it was 6 days and 11 days after release respectively.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeap... like less than half of the previous entry :D
What you guys even are looking at?
Stats

FF 16 is one of the best selling PS5 ganes in Japan ever! So it's OK for them to compare it to another FF game sold on PS5 thts why they are comparing it.

If mister know it all doesn't understand tht (like you never do because your always right) than I can't help you.

Next!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You spent the last 8 months spreading FUD against FF16 and now you're about to do the same with Rebirth? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Because there is a clear decline in the franchise sales... it is not from now.
FFXVI declined.
FFVII Rebirth declined.

The same thing is happening with each new entry.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

366k is less than half of what Remake sold.
It is like 1/3 of what FFXV sold.

It is bad.

The 3 million over shipment at launch was bad.
And even after over 9 months they didn't released a new milestone.

You have to be really blind to not see the decline in the franchise not only in Japan but Worldwide.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
366k is less than half of what Remake sold.
It is like 1/3 of what FFXV sold.

It is bad.

The 3 million over shipment at launch was bad.
And even after over 9 months they didn't released a new milestone.
You mentioned why they are comparing it to FF16 and insinuated it's because it's one of the worst selling and I told you why they are comparing it to FF16 both released on PS5 and FF 16 is one of the best selling PS5 games ever in Japan.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You mentioned why they are comparing it to FF16 and insinuated it's because it's one of the worst selling and I told you why they are comparing it to FF16 both released on PS5 and FF 16 is one of the best selling PS5 games ever in Japan.
It is like Xbots that says their games are the best selling on Xbox Series but when you look at previous numbers it is less than 20% of what it was in the past.

User base is not the issue.
FFXV had a way lower user base at launch and did like 3x better... a game for me that is the worst FF entry ever created.

PS5 is doing really great in Japan but FF is not.
You can't blame PS5 for Final Fantasy games not selling well 🤷‍♂️

We have one of the best FF created with Rebirth and FFXVI even with it flaws it is miles better than FFXV or FFXIII but the franchise keep selling less and less.

But some here keep the narrative... it is a lie :D :D :D
Like if we don't have data for that.

When we pass that phase of angry fans not accepting the reality we will finally can normally discuss what is happening with FF, why it is selling less? What Square Enix is doing right and wrong with the franchises? We are still living the reaction of FFXV disaster? Is action JRPG really what is good to the franchise? I mean actual discussion.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Rebirth barely holds over 10k.
There are reports already saying it is going bargain bin prices to increase sales.

No Square Enix PR after 3 weeks probably mean it did shipped+digital less than FFXVI.
Others chats across the world shows the same trend of lower units sold than FFXVI.

Not good at all.
And yes the decline is very real no matter how you hated me saying it few weeks ago.
can you link the reports that they're selling for bargain bin prices?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
can you link the reports that they're selling for bargain bin prices?
It is going.... not that it is bagain price right now.
The price is dropping.

Amazon and Biccamera are having 10% discounts.
Rakuten 20% discounts.

Retail stores are starting to drop the price too.

GI1br2UacAA1i-P

GIs1Po_awAAetlZ

GIRjTX8bkAA7JG1

GITDN9FaAAAP-qS

• Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
FF16 being the best PS5 launch in Japan so far shows that there hasn’t anything to actually move next gen in Japan in any significant way as those numbers pale in comparison to previous entries.

I expected FF7 part 2 to do better by default. More consoles out there and seemingly far better reception by players. Ideally FF16 should’ve made a better environment for Rebirth.

But it’s sorta continuing the downward trend ethomaz has accurately depicted. The two games also released too close together to assume that digital makes up for any major differences. It should be a similar split.

It’s also possible that two major main entries for the IP in less than a year may have hurt the other. It’s also safe to assume that Rebirth will have way better legs than 16 (which sorta has none).

And then finally… haven’t been paying to international performance for rebirth. I will be shocked again if it’s done worse than 16 or Remake on Circana.

Reactions: ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
FF16 being the best PS5 launch in Japan so far shows that there hasn’t anything to actually move next gen in Japan in any significant way as those numbers pale in comparison to previous entries.

I expected FF7 part 2 to do better by default. More consoles out there and seemingly far better reception by players. Ideally FF16 should’ve made a better environment for Rebirth.

But it’s sorta continuing the downward trend ethomaz has accurately depicted. The two games also released too close together to assume that digital makes up for any major differences. It should be a similar split.

It’s also possible that two major main entries for the IP in less than a year may have hurt the other. It’s also safe to assume that Rebirth will have way better legs than 16 (which sorta has none).

And then finally… haven’t been paying to international performance for rebirth. I will be shocked again if it’s done worse than 16 or Remake on Circana.
I think long term FF7 Rebirth will sell better than FF16 as it's a far better game and it's not some no-name franchise. people will eventually get to it, but the full priced sales are probably not gonna be great

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think long term FF7 Rebirth will sell better than FF16 as it's a far better game and it's not some no-name franchise. people will eventually get to it, but the full priced sales are probably not gonna be great
The lose in momentum and sales from other FF games is evident. Shit Sony as a whole and how they sell any Game in Japan has changed since years past. This is bigger than FF.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The lose in momentum and sales from other FF games is evident. Shit Sony as a whole and how they sell any Game in Japan has changed since years past. This is bigger than FF.
Yeah, looks like they cut the budget for ads and pr.

Before, Playstation was like - Go Bold or Go Home, now? Just sit at home and drink beer.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I wonder if Sony released a true handheld if Japan would go crazy and all in. The Portal has sold well there to.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I wonder if Sony released a true handheld if Japan would go crazy and all in. The Portal has sold well there to.
There were a couple of rumors a few months back that Sony may have been doing something with AMD to work on one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If this poster is to beleived, then Famitsu doesnt count outlets like amazon in its sales tracking and he is saying FF7Rebirth has sold over 30k from amazon. Can anyone check the Japanese Amazon website to verify this? Perhaps Famitsu isnt telling the full story on this and that counts for all software? Maybe thats how games like elden ring can get to a million sold in Japan in a month when at that point in time Famitsu only had 400k physical?

So adding 30k would put FF7R at 330k sold physical. If digital is 30 percent that would add another 99k to sales so basically 430k not inclduing other trackers Famitsu doesnt track. Not amazing but also not the total bomba resetera is trying to spin it as.

Edit: I just googled if Amazon is included in Famitsu and it is NOT. Idk how big amazon is in Japan but that may explain some of PS5s poor software sales on famitsu charts?

"Amazon in JapanAmazon expanded to Japan in the year 2000, and it is now their second-largest market, providing 11% of Amazon's global online traffic."

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Not amazing but also not the total bomba resetera is trying to spin it as.
who cares what those bums say, they'll spin anything ps related to = bomba, and say an Xbox release is the savior. They're retards that should be ignored

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If this poster is to beleived, then Famitsu doesnt count outlets like amazon in its sales tracking and he is saying FF7Rebirth has sold over 30k from amazon. Can anyone check the Japanese Amazon website to verify this? Perhaps Famitsu isnt telling the full story on this and that counts for all software? Maybe thats how games like elden ring can get to a million sold in Japan in a month when at that point in time Famitsu only had 400k physical?

So adding 30k would put FF7R at 330k sold physical. If digital is 30 percent that would add another 99k to sales so basically 430k not inclduing other trackers Famitsu doesnt track. Not amazing but also not the total bomba resetera is trying to spin it as.

Edit: I just googled if Amazon is included in Famitsu and it is NOT. Idk how big amazon is in Japan but that may explain some of PS5s poor software sales on famitsu charts?

"Amazon in JapanAmazon expanded to Japan in the year 2000, and it is now their second-largest market, providing 11% of Amazon's global online traffic."
That is not how it works.
The numbers from Famitsu includes Amazon even if not tracked because that is how trackers works.

Famitsu tracks over 90% of the retailers in Japan and extrapolate from that the rest (that includes Amazon).

The margin of error is very small even so they do smaller adjustments when they got more data.

Plus there is Media Create and Dankenji too.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
That is not how it works.
The numbers from Famitsu includes Amazon even if not tracked because that is how trackers works.

Famitsu tracks over 90% of the retailers in Japan and extrapolate from that the rest (that includes Amazon).

The margin of error is very small even so they do smaller adjustments when they got more data.

Plus there is Media Create and Dankenji too.
I just looked up if Famitsu includes Amazon and it said it does not.

• fire