FF Pixel Remaster: It's not even in the top 50 most played on Xbox

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
As fun it is to dunk on xbox the pixel remasters are not going to be top 50 played or even in the top 100 played on any platform consistently, Although for the launch it should have at least popped up in the 40s. Seems like not many people bought it

11 Jul 2024
Square Enix is saved! But tbh, Square doesn't give a shit if these don't even sell a single copy on that platform, they got the bag + extra from Phil just to port it over, wouldn't have ever landed on xbox otherwise

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Well, I assume it wasn't top 50 in any platform. They are almost 40 years old rehashed games that have been published several times.

As fun it is to dunk on xbox the pixel remasters are not going to be top 50 played or even in the top 100 played on any platform consistently, Although for the launch it should have at least popped up in the 40s. Seems like not many people bought it

Context people.

Green rats have been begging for Square Enix games for years saying they want to play them and they will sell more with Xbox support. That’s obviously bullshit as they never even bought the current Square Enix games on Xbox since launch

You get them and then you don’t buy them? That doesn’t make any sense. These kinds of games are always low in sales on Xbox from any developer.

The media is on this to about Xbox needs more Japanese games and why don’t they support Xbox. That clown Paris talking about it’s criminal that FF7 rebirth is exclusive to PS5 and Xbox fans can’t play it. What’s criminal is that they don’t buy games that’s why you get no games. Simple as that.

Whatever “new” support Square Enix is doing for Xbox will amount to nothing as usual. They already have games on there. They don’t sell anything.

Square Enix will go back to making exclusives for PlayStation and Nintendo then green rats and the shill media will start crying again. Rinse and repeat.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Context people.

Green rats have been begging for Square Enix games for years saying they want to play them and they will sell more with Xbox support. That’s obviously bullshit as they never even bought the current Square Enix games on Xbox since launch

You get them and then you don’t buy them? That doesn’t make any sense. These kinds of games are always low in sales on Xbox from any developer.

The media is on this to about Xbox needs more Japanese games and why don’t they support Xbox. That clown Paris talking about it’s criminal that FF7 rebirth is exclusive to PS5 and Xbox fans can’t play it. What’s criminal is that they don’t buy games that’s why you get no games. Simple as that.

Whatever “new” support Square Enix is doing for Xbox will amount to nothing as usual. They already have games on there. They don’t sell anything.

Square Enix will go back to making exclusives for PlayStation and Nintendo then green rats and the shill media will start crying again. Rinse and repeat.
Why do you care how well these games sell on Xbox? Do you own stock in Microsoft or Square Enix?

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
"If you're creating games, we're interested in hearing from you. If you're not on Xbox, we'd love to know why. And frankly, if you're using competitors' products, you probably have a great perspective that we can learn from.”

Well, Square, answer their call.

EDIT :

Well, you aren't US. Sorry

wHAZxPQ.jpeg

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I don't love the job they did with the pixel remasters. On top of that they want 75 dollars for the whole collection. Which is a bit cheeky given the level of remaster and the age of the games.

This should be 40 dollars for the whole collection. They're nes and snes games with what amounts to an emulation filter on them. Clearly more work involved than that, but it shouldn't be 75 bucks.

None of these games even looks a generation better than the original versions. They could have taken this opportunity to make FF1-5 look better than the original FF6 and make FF6 look like some of the truly beautiful 2D modern RPGs.

It's also bonkers how bad the text looks in these games.

"They're having a laugh"

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Always deflecting and downplaying. Did you miss all the sales talk about Final Fantasy and Square in the last year? It is the number 1 subject in gaming so yes we're going to talk about the Xbox sales too. Does it hurt you 🤡
I just think it's really weird to obsess over the sales of a game on a platform you don't play on and use that as a means of criticizing a publishers choice to publish on said platform.
Like why care, the games are also on Playstation yall ain't losing any

It feels bizarre because all I can feel about ports is like "cool now fans there get to play it" and like, that makes me happy because I want people to enjoy video games, but people here seem to actively *want* games to fail, *want* games to not get ported (even if they're third party), and want to criticize third party companies making their own choices with their games.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I just think it's really weird to obsess over the sales of a game on a platform you don't play on and use that as a means of criticizing a publishers choice to publish on said platform.

It feels bizarre because all I can feel about ports is like "cool now fans there get to play it" and like, that makes me happy because I want people to enjoy video games, but people here seem to actively *want* games to fail, *want* games to not get ported (even if they're third party), and want to criticize third party companies making their own choices with their games.
They simply want the platforms they don't play on to fail, not just the games that get ported to those platforms. I never understood that ideology and I likely never will.

• haha

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

If feels bizarre because all I can feel about portss is like "cool now fans there get to play it" and like, that makes me happy because I want people to enjoy video games, but people here seem to actively *want* games to fail, *want* games to not get ported (even if they're third party), and want to criticize third party companies making their own choices with their games.

I think the bigger question is Square's attitude in general. Their sales are poor and they don't know why. So they make it sound like pushing games to Xbox is going to save them and what people are pointing out is that just isn't realistic.

What would help them is if they started making the type of games their fans want again.

• they're_right_you_know

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I think the bigger question is Square's attitude in general. Their sales are poor and they don't know why. So they make it sound like pushing games to Xbox is going to save them and what people are pointing out is that just isn't realistic.

What would help them is if they started making the type of games their fans want again.
On top of releasing everywhere. I'm not surprised Xbox isn't buying it like crazy, SE does dumb things all the time.

Like why is octopath traveler 1 on Xbox but not 2?

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024

Square has been complaining about the sales of their AAA titles since Tomb Raider (2013) they simply have unreasonable expectations