FF Pixel Remaster: It's not even in the top 50 most played on Xbox

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Context people.

Green rats have been begging for Square Enix games for years saying they want to play them and they will sell more with Xbox support. That’s obviously bullshit as they never even bought the current Square Enix games on Xbox since launch

You get them and then you don’t buy them? That doesn’t make any sense. These kinds of games are always low in sales on Xbox from any developer.

The media is on this to about Xbox needs more Japanese games and why don’t they support Xbox. That clown Paris talking about it’s criminal that FF7 rebirth is exclusive to PS5 and Xbox fans can’t play it. What’s criminal is that they don’t buy games that’s why you get no games. Simple as that.

Whatever “new” support Square Enix is doing for Xbox will amount to nothing as usual. They already have games on there. They don’t sell anything.

Square Enix will go back to making exclusives for PlayStation and Nintendo then green rats and the shill media will start crying again. Rinse and repeat.
Have you recognized yet that most of the games you just listed are either minor titles, sequels or the first game but no sequels to be found?

Why would you play Octopath Traveler if the 2nd one isn't on Xbox? (Scratch that, it released this year, a year later after its initial release)

Why would you play sequels with no knowledge of what happened beforehand and without a guarantee that you get to continue playing the other sequels?

You are trying to pin this on Xbox players when you should be looking at Square Enix for being stupid with what they port or release on to the platform.

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Why would you play Octopath Traveler if the 2nd one isn't on Xbox?
I feel like this argument makes more sense if it was Octopath 2, and 1 wasn't on the console
Starting with a first game makes more sense and support for a first game helps encourage developers to port the second game.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
As someone who would generally be interested in playing these, I'm certainly not going to for 75 dollars, nor am I going to buy them individually rather than wait for them to be on sale collectively or packaged as PS+.

There isn't enough done here to push anyone to want to play these at these prices as if they hadn't waited decades to play them.

I never put any serious time into the first 3 FF games. My first FF games were on SNES. And 6 is the one I played the most.

Square Enix puts the least amount of effort into this stuff. They have no respect for the fans or these classic games or franchises.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I feel like this argument makes more sense if it was Octopath 2, and 1 wasn't on the console
Starting with a first game makes more sense and support for a first game helps encourage developers to port the second game.

Why get into a franchise if you don't know if that franchise is going to be available for you in the future?

There is too much competition around games to be half assed.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
it's more so the fact, like @mibu no ookami said, why get into a series if the sequel isn't on the console, it just kind of cliffhangs you for an indefinite amount of time unless you go to another platform, which in that case, why not just buy both of the games there?

Men_in_Boxes

Veteran
18 Aug 2024
The game cost 12 dollars to make and Final Fantasy doesn't have the same name recognition it did 25 years ago. This a nothingburger.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Have you recognized yet that most of the games you just listed are either minor titles, sequels or the first game but no sequels to be found?
And how else do you think a publisher can test the waters?

Why would you play Octopath Traveler if the 2nd one isn't on Xbox?

Well, wrong example, as OT2 is on Xbox.
Why didn't the first one sell when the sequel wasn't announced? What about now that the sequel is on Xbox?

Why would you play sequels with no knowledge of what happened beforehand and without a guarantee that you get to continue playing the other sequels?

Let's ask CD Project what a failure Witcher 3 has been for them on PS4, with the prequels still unreleased on PlayStation platforms.

Or Squaresoft with FF7 on the original PS1.

Or Rockstar with GTA ports on the original Xbox.

Or Resident Evil on GameCube.

You are trying to pin this on Xbox players when you should be looking at Square Enix for being stupid with what they port or release on to the platform.

You are right, SE is really stupid to think releasing anything on Xbox makes any sense.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Octopath? The first one didn't come to PS until June this year.. 6 years later after Switch release.
Octopath has been on GP before and returned this year with 1&2 on the service.

• they're_right_you_know

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
And how else do you think a publisher can test the waters?

Well, wrong example, as OT2 is on Xbox.
Why didn't the first one sell when the sequel wasn't announced? What about now that the sequel is on Xbox?

Let's ask CD Project what a failure Witcher 3 has been for them on PS4, with the prequels still unreleased on PlayStation platforms.

Or Squaresoft with FF7 on the original PS1.

Or Rockstar with GTA ports on the original Xbox.

Or Resident Evil on GameCube.

You are right, SE is really stupid to think releasing anything on Xbox makes any sense.
By releasing games people actually want?

oh I'm sorry, the game JUST fucking released THIS YEAR on Xbox, the game came out in 2023.

Witcher 3 was a AAA mainstream RPG that sold insanely well, why are you comparing a game like Octopath Traveler to Witcher? If you go to a random person, they will likely have heard of Witcher, but not OT.

I'm not about to through why these comparisons are really shallow and how you really should have thought them through before saying any of them. I'll leave it at why are you comparing OT to these titles that did WAY better than it? Household names like Final Fantasy, GTA, and Resident Evil are always going to sell no matter what. Why the hell would people care about a game that first released in 2018 on the Switch exclusively, ported to PC, Stadia, Xbox, PS4/5 and STILL took till 2022 to get 3 million sales.

Your prejudice for a platform is showing. Can't imagine wanting whole platforms or franchises to fail.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Your prejudice for a platform is showing. Can't imagine wanting whole platforms or franchises to fail.
Desire and prejudice are irrelevant. Xbox is a failing brand, and your whataboutism and white knighting doesn't change the facts on the ground. They're publicly asking studios why many of them don't bother with their platform.

• fire

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Desire and prejudice are irrelevant. Xbox is a failing brand, and you're whataboutism and white knighting doesn't change the facts on the ground. They're publicly asking studios why many of them don't bother with their platform.
white knighting? by not being a doom and gloomer that wants other platforms to fail? lmao

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

it's more so the fact, like @mibu no ookami said, why get into a series if the sequel isn't on the console, it just kind of cliffhangs you for an indefinite amount of time unless you go to another platform, which in that case, why not just buy both of the games there?
FF16 is already out of the Top 50 on Steam after megaflopping.

FF15 is on PC, FF14 too, basically the whole series is there. What's your excuse for the megaflop?

GOWR Ragnarok is already number 35, huge underperformance when the first one was on PC too. HFW also underperformed.

What you're saying doesn't match with the reality.

Reactions: arvfab

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
white knighting? by not being a doom and gloomer that wants other platforms to fail? lmao
Your ilk are just another variation of ohnoitsalexx - PC "neutrals" who are defacto Xbox defenders. If everyone on this site suddenly became Xbox cheerleaders overnight, that wouldn't change Xbox's flatlining gamepass subscriptions, non existant sales in Asia and Europe, and overall downward trajectory.

• fire

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
By releasing games people actually want?
Going by sale numbers on Xbox, people there don't want anything....

oh I'm sorry, the game JUST fucking released THIS YEAR on Xbox, the game came out in 2023.
And?

Witcher 3 was a AAA mainstream RPG that sold insanely well, why are you comparing a game like Octopath Traveler to Witcher? If you go to a random person, they will likely have heard of Witcher, but not OT.
Go back and look what part of your post I was replying to. You were generalizing, so I answered in a general way, no comparison with OT.

I'm not about to through why these comparisons are really shallow and how you really should have thought them through before saying any of them. I'll leave it at why are you comparing OT to these titles that did WAY better than it? Household names like Final Fantasy, GTA, and Resident Evil are always going to sell no matter what.
Yet here we are in a thread for poor sales of Final Fantasy titles on Xbox.

Why the hell would people care about a game that first released in 2018 on the Switch exclusively, ported to PC, Stadia, Xbox, PS4/5 and STILL took till 2022 to get 3 million sales.
So it is ok for smaller games to skip Xbox, as nobody cares for them on that platform, got it.

Your prejudice for a platform is showing.
Prejudice? Is it a prejudice to say that games sell like shit on Xbox? Microsoft has to have the same prejudices as it's asking around why publishers avoid releasing on there.

Can't imagine wanting whole platforms or franchises to fail.
If a platform brought nothing but bad things, why should I want it to not fail? How is your support for the Epic Store going?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
These games are better to own physically, get the anniversary edition guys - 4 and 6 are very special. Hope we get remakes someday that do justice to them.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

Why would you play Octopath Traveler if the 2nd one isn't on Xbox? (Scratch that, it released this year, a year later after its initial release)

This argument is the usual excuse made as to why this game didn’t sell and why that game made no sense to port without the previous games. Just give Xbox that one brand new IP PlayStation and Nintendo gets and you’ll see the sales.

No that’s not how it works. Beggars can’t be choosers.

uyoung1989

3 Feb 2024
Well, I assume it wasn't top 50 in any platform. They are almost 40 years old rehashed games that have been published several times.
Well, surprise! Actually it was on Top 10 of Japanese PSN when it came to PS4. I remember FF6 was even #1 shortly.

Last edited:

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Your ilk are just another variation of ohnoitsalexx - PC "neutrals" who are defacto Xbox defenders. If everyone on this site suddenly became Xbox cheerleaders overnight, that wouldn't change Xbox's flatlining gamepass subscriptions, non existant sales in Asia and Europe, and overall downward trajectory.
unironically, who cares? Why do you care? Do you have money in their stock or something? Why does the average consumer give a damn about sales? I have said GP is a useless market that they're forcing, same with cloud gaming, GP is not at all the future, and cloud gaming is several years away from being anything anyone wants. I certainly don't give a single damn about their flatlining subs or low/no sales in Asia or EU. It doesn't affect me.

• haha

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
This argument is the usual excuse made as to why this game didn’t sell and why that game made no sense to port without the previous games. Just give Xbox that one brand new IP PlayStation and Nintendo gets and you’ll see the sales.

No that’s not how it works. Beggars can’t be choosers.
I think exclusives in any form is bad for SE, and by extension, the entirety of gaming. I want everyone to be able to play any game they want, and there's too much "Wah this platform sucks because these people don't buy years-old games for full price" in the gaming community on all sides. Having IP release on all platforms and having said IP support crossplay or cross progression is the way.

• haha