FF XVI has sold equal or better on one platform than RE 4 and SF 6 have managed on multiple platforms. Media and Xbox Fanboys downplaying the success.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
And to add to that ….

Facts are that unless we start getting charts with full digital sales and sell through in all the big regions we won’t have a clue as to how any game is really performing.
Yeah just saw tht article on gaf and it's consistent with mine. If anything we need digital info graphs first and that will be more representative of sales.

Reactions: Unchained

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Jumping the gun with sales estimates with only physical data is the worst. Obsolete. We are in the all digital era. Most game sales are digital. The most popular games in the industry are digital downloads only etc…

It sucks to wait for real data but you gotta.

Storefront data on psn shows that FF16 has dropped to 7th for “Top 10 in your Country” so it’s holding decently enough for a single player game.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Like, we have entire digital console sku’s, and thats if people can even get them. I haven’t bought physical games in years, never put a disc in my physical edition ps5.

Most people are probably similar at this point. They haven’t expanded on all these subscription games, activity cards and quick resume features to continue having us buy physical. People want to jump in and out of a massive library of games they own on their console.
Capcom themselves stated digital accounts for 80% of their sales....

"Capcom games moving forward and that 80% of the company's game sales now come from digital purchases".

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah especially since digital has taken over by a big margin. Digital game sales account generally for more than 75% of sales nowadays and that's low balling it.

70/30 from years on years statistics. even though we got Covid and digital/physical released games like 10:1?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You see the light 🌞
I'm a PC player, I don't fall for the narrative that people playing Zelda ToTK on PC don't pirate games. Publishers not using Denuvo (or even worse anti-piracy measures) are dumb. Blizzard made Diablo 3 and 4 always on and nobody cared, it sold great on PC.

The reason people complain about Denuvo is because it stops them from playing single players games for free day one. Simple as that.

The narrative that these Japanese games would've sold well on Xbox is even more ridiculous.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
70/30 from years on years statistics. even though we got Covid and digital/physical released games like 10:1?
I've seen the over 90% digital numbers thrown around but that included mobile gaming numbers so it was skewed. Capcom recently stated that for their games it's already at 80% digital versus 20% physical. We are getting there most definitely.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I've seen the over 90% digital numbers thrown around but that included mobile gaming numbers so it was skewed. Capcom recently stated that for their games it's already at 80% digital versus 20% physical. We are getting there most definitely.
you to take into account just console. there is no mobile or PC physical really.
and how i said, it is like 70/30 despite, there is almost 10 time more digital releases than physical, this numbers goes for years now.
i hope, we can continue to keep it so high. fuck digital and fuck who supports it. those people are almost the same as xbots. own nothing, give all power to corporations.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
How do you miss a point that doesn’t exists?

FF16 on one platform sold more than other games on multiple platforms. It destroys the narrative that the game didn’t sell. That is the point.

In fact, many Sony first party games have sold more than 3rd party multiplatform games. This myth about games have to be on all platforms to sell is false.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
OP you should call out the journalists specifically, because they're the ones who encourage the downplaying the most.

And the worst among them is Bloomberg Takahashi. He is arguably the most disingenuous of all the shill journalists; at least Jez Corden and Tom Warren are known MS/Xbox fanboys. Takahashi's anti-PS slant is not as well-known, so to the unassuming he would seem like a credible source. But that's mainly due to the scarcity in which he talks about PS-related news compared to Jez or Tom talking about Xbox-related stuff. He also hasn't quite had a fanboy meltdown the way Jez, or big Xbox influencers like Colteastwood have.

However, he (Bloomberg Takahashi) is by all accounts an anti-PS journalist; he always waits for news he thinks can be spun negatively before reporting anything related to the brand. So the intent behind his posts and reporting are clearly negatively biased, he just tries to hide behind data (that he then misinterprets and misrepresents) to look like less of a blatant hater.

The media and and twitter personalities are completely biased for Microsoft. Everybody is talking about the disappointing sales as if it was a fact. If the game was multiplat they would be celebrating the exact same number and call it a strong debut.

For them FF16 is the biggest flop since Horizon Forbidden West (and that sold over 8 millions).

I'm curious if they will keep track of Starfield sales the same way. I'm expecting daily concern and weekly sales threads.

Well Starfield has already tanked on the Steam charts. Either those preorders were heavily frontloaded or that AMD exclusivity announcement has done some serious damage.

Which is big trouble for that game because realistically PC/Steam were going to be the biggest platform for the game easily. I'd say it's at least a 60/40 split in favor of PC/Steam for this game. If PC sales are soft I don't think Xbox is going to make up for that and in both cases there is Game Pass acting as a means of softening sales too.

Last edited:

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
OP you should call out the journalists specifically, because they're the ones who encourage the downplaying the most.

And the worst among them is Bloomberg Takahashi. He is arguably the most disingenuous of all the shill journalists; at least Jez Corden and Tom Warren are known MS/Xbox fanboys. Takahashi's anti-PS slant is not as well-known, so to the unassuming he would seem like a credible source. But that's mainly due to the scarcity in which he talks about PS-related news compared to Jez or Tom talking about Xbox-related stuff. He also hasn't quite had a fanboy meltdown the way Jez, or big Xbox influencers like Colteastwood have.

However, he (Bloomberg Takahashi) is by all accounts an anti-PS journalist; he always waits for news he thinks can be spun negatively before reporting anything related to the brand. So the intent behind his posts and reporting are clearly negatively biased, he just tries to hide behind data (that he then misinterprets and misrepresents) to look like less of a blatant hater.
The Mozuchi dude is more anti-Sony compared to his time working in WSJ Tokyo for no reasons, as he used to be somewhat neutral. Maybe Bloomberg setting a agenda?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
FF16 on one platform sold more than other games on multiple platforms. It destroys the narrative that the game didn’t sell. That is the point.

In fact, many Sony first party games have sold more than 3rd party multiplatform games. This myth about games have to be on all platforms to sell is false.
I agree with games doesn’t need to be on multiple platforms to sell.

But that doesn’t add up to FF point… it sold less than previous entry and that has nothing to do with how another game sold.

There are reasons that explain why FFXVI sold less than FFXV and that has nothing to do with Call of Duty, Resident Evil or Street Fighter.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I agree with games doesn’t need to be on multiple platforms to sell.

But that doesn’t add up to FF point… it sold less than previous entry and that has nothing to do with how another game sold.

There are reasons that explain why FFXVI sold less than FFXV and that has nothing to do with Call of Duty, Resident Evil or Street Fighter.

Think you’re still not getting it?

We know it sold less at launch than FF15 for many reasons. Still, 3M in 6 days on one console is seen as bad sales when other games on all platforms doesn’t sell that much even with a longer time period.

Regardless how it compares to FF15, 3M sold less than a week is great when other games don’t do that. Yet those games sales are so called good.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Final Fantasy 16 gone be the best selling ff game and win GOTY award this year

Wrap it up boys

Slow Motion Yes GIF by MOODMAN

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters