FF XVI has sold equal or better on one platform than RE 4 and SF 6 have managed on multiple platforms. Media and Xbox Fanboys downplaying the success.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I agree with games doesn’t need to be on multiple platforms to sell.

But that doesn’t add up to FF point… it sold less than previous entry and that has nothing to do with how another game sold.

There are reasons that explain why FFXVI sold less than FFXV and that has nothing to do with Call of Duty, Resident Evil or Street Fighter.
FFXV sold better because it's culmination of 10 years Versus XIII hype LOL. Meanwhile XVI didn't get luxurious treatment of 10 years hype and speculation like Versus (LMAO).

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Think you’re still not getting it?

We know it sold less at launch than FF15 for many reasons. Still, 3M in 6 days on one console is seen as bad sales when other games on all platforms doesn’t sell that much even with a longer time period.

Regardless how it compares to FF15, 3M sold less than a week is great when other games don’t do that. Yet those games sales are so called good.
You are wasting your time, several of us have explained it to him and there is no way a person doesn't understand the logic unless they are just closed to it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Think you’re still not getting it?

We know it sold less at launch than FF15 for many reasons. Still, 3M in 6 days on one console is seen as bad sales when other games on all platforms doesn’t sell that much even with a longer time period.

Regardless how it compares to FF15, 3M sold less than a week is great when other games don’t do that. Yet those games sales are so called good.
Capcom games tend to have a great leg over the time and steam played a huge part in moving those units.

Monster Hunter World(2018) - 5m opening and 19m ltd
Monster Hunter Rise(2021) - 3m opening and 13m ltd
Resident Evil 7(2017) - 2.5m opening and 12m ltd
Resident Evil 2R(2019) - 3m opening and 12m ltd
Resident Evil Village(2021) - 3m opening and 8m ltd
Resident Evil 3R(2020) - 2m opening and 7m ltd

Reactions: Box

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Final fantasy XVI sold 3 million units in under a week on PS5, and this has been a cause of debate for media and fanboys on social media platforms, with lots of shenanigans going on to downplay the success of this game.

But if we compare these sales numbers to other well known multiplatform games that have released recently, it's not even up for debate that FF XVI has managed to sell almost the same if not better, on just one platform.

-Street Fighter 6, much awaited by xbox community, due to Street Fighter 5 exclusivity, has sold just 2 Million units after One Month on PlayStation, PC and Xbox.

-Now let's have a look at Resident Evil 4 Remake, a much anticipated remake of a beloved legendary game. It managed sell 4 million units in two weeks, on PC, PlayStation and Xbox platforms.

-Dead Island 2, another much awaited sequel in development for a long time, sold 1 million units in first 3 days of its release on PC, PlayStation and Xbox.

-And now, the biggest game that releases yearly, yes I am talking about CoD, managed to sell 4.4 million on both PS4 and PS5

Taking into consideration all these huge multiplatform IPs, how is that Final Fantasy XVI releasing on just PS5, and selling over 3 million units in under one week being considered a flop? Why is the media downplaying the success of Final Fantasy XVI. I understand Xbox fanboys are downplaying the game due to sheer jealousy of it being exclusive to PS5. But why is the media downplaying it, have the media and influencers started pandering to xbox fanboys and xbox executives? Is the media being paid to downplay the success of FF XVI?

These comparisions don't make sense, they are different genres and IPs with different range of popularity.

As an example, Street Fighter normally sells way less than the other IPs because it's a fighting game, and fighting games sell way less than RE, FF or CoD.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Capcom games tend to have a great leg over the time and steam played a huge part in moving those units.

Monster Hunter World(2018) - 5m opening and 19m ltd
Monster Hunter Rise(2021) - 3m opening and 13m ltd
Resident Evil 7(2017) - 2.5m opening and 12m ltd
Resident Evil 2R(2019) - 3m opening and 12m ltd
Resident Evil Village(2021) - 3m opening and 8m ltd
Resident Evil 3R(2020) - 2m opening and 7m ltd
So? The game will be available on Steam at a later date.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
FFXV sold better because it's culmination of 10 years Versus XIII hype LOL. Meanwhile XVI didn't get luxurious treatment of 10 years hype and speculation like Versus (LMAO).
I don’t disagree… I even believe FFXVI launch sales were hurt by how bad impression people had from FFXV.

Some part of launch FFXV buyer regretted so much that choose to avoid FFXVI at launch.

But these are only my guesses… the truth is the franchise declined in sales at launch.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
PC and Xbox fanboys are crying and downplaying just because it’s a PS5 timed exclusive. The game was only able to come out this fast because it’s PS5 exclusive 🤦‍♂️ If it was a simultaneous release it wouldn’t be out for at least another year, so idk why these idiots are crying.

The way Xbox guys in particular have been bashing this game and trying to push the narrative that it flopped is pathetic. I hope it never goes to Xbox like FF7Remake

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Just like FF7R and FFXV, which had little to no traction when they were both launched on Steam. For a single player game to have a substantial impact on sales, it must be released on Steam from day one.
Wrong. FF12 and FF13 launched on steam years after their console release and both are above a million sales on steam. FF7 Crisis core remake released the same day and yet PS4/PS5 made up over 80% of sales, while PC was less than 15% and xbox a pathetic 6%. Steamspy estimates 100-200k on steam. The fact is the reason why final fantasy doesn't do well on pc is because pc players aren't big fans of final fantasy. Even the original 7 port doesnt have that many owners on steam.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Leave it to era to have a whole fucking thread on how Ff16 is so anti feminist and shits on women 🤣🤣 Reading that thread, my God. Is that even a gaming site anymore? Well there goes more sales down the drain  Just like they sure showed Harry Potter smh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 223

Seems to me the decision by Square to go exclusive on PS5 paid dividends in more ways than one.

As always, the leftout kids will find a lot of creative ways and narratives with which to attack the game, attack Square and attack Sony. You don't leave them empty handed without a hissy fit and say of disapproval. Drowning the title in negativity being part of it. The ultimate goal is to discourage the practice. Par for the course. The dogs bark but the caravan moves on. Buy a PS5. Won't/Refuse.... well your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Seems to me the decision by Square to go exclusive on PS5 paid dividends in more ways than one.

As always, the leftout kids will find a lot of creative ways and narratives with which to attack the game, attack Square and attack Sony. You don't leave them out without them having a hissy fit and say of disapproval. Drowning the title in negativity being part of it. The ultimate goal is to discourage the practice. Par for the course. The dogs bark but the caravan moves on. Buy a PS5. Won't/Refuse.... well your choice.

Its probably already out paced RE4R. People can come up with whatever doom-theories they want, if square and sony are happy it doesn/t matter

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Leave it to era to have a whole fucking thread on how Ff16 is so anti feminist and shits on women 🤣🤣 Reading that thread, my God. Is that even a gaming site anymore? Well there goes more sales down the drain  Just like they sure showed Harry Potter smh.
it aint a game site, very few game sites are. Its funny too cause the most gaming of game sites is gamefaqs.com, every other site is way too much politics.

D

Deleted member 223

We also don't know if Sony waived the royalty cut for a certain number of units - which is possible.

Reactions: Gamernyc78