Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth New Trailer Revealed, Coming in Early 2024 on 2 Discs | Summer Game Fest 2023

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
I never played any Final Fantasy games until the seven remake and that has become one of my favorite games ever on PlayStation.

Can not wait to play this, it simply looks incredible.
Wow that's incredible!!

It's proof that FF7 is the Bruce Lee of JRPG, no matter what year you'll interact with first time, you'll insta fall in love and will become your favorite.

Reactions: anonpuffs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I can't wait for a game so ship on its own 4TB drive!
That is still better than having to download 4TB.

I mean I'm not against digital media... in fact I have a PS5 DE.
But if you shipping it physical the best is to have any other downloaded data to the game works.

So if you have a 80GB game the worst things to do is to ship 50GB in the physical disc and force you to download the others 30GB.
The publishers should make the 80GB be shipped physically even if needs 2 discs.

Square Enix in that point really nailed it.
If you are buying physical you don't need to download half of the game... you have just to install everything (even if using 2 discs) and play it without downaload anything (you let downloads for patches and bugfixes).

In my humble view in worst to best:
  1. Ship in the physical media a digital code to download the full games (it is crazy I know)
  2. Ship part of the game in the physical media and the other parte you have to download it
  3. Ship the full game split in more than one disc
  4. Ship the full game in a single disc
So the Square Enix choice was the best option when you have more than what can fit a single disc.
The others options (1 & 2) are bullshit from the game industry and should not be allowed.

Last edited: