Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth New Trailer Revealed, Coming in Early 2024 on 2 Discs | Summer Game Fest 2023

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
So you playing it or nah?

Kombucha No But GIF

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I've already played FFVII R. For the remake, eh let's see.

I do appreciate that @anonpuffs is hanging on my opinions on the game tho. It's good to have fans.
I think he is just a bit surprised, everyone seems to be over the moon at the trailer, and you are well, doing your best to criticize it.

Staring I See You GIF by QuikTrip

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I've already played FFVII R. For the remake, eh let's see.

I do appreciate that @anonpuffs is hanging on my opinions on the game tho. It's good to have fans.
Lol idgaf about your opinion. I just think it's funny seeing you twist yourself into pretzels to avoid the best games in the industry to prop up mediocrity

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I think he is just a bit surprised, everyone seems to be over the moon at the trailer, and you are well, doing your best to criticize it.

Staring I See You GIF by QuikTrip

I'm not criticizing the trailer lol, just pointing out some of the technical shortcomings. I'm just as interested in Nomura's wacky interpretation of the FFVII story. I'm just not fawning over the technically underwhelming footage on display.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm not criticizing the trailer lol, just pointing out some of the technical shortcomings. I'm just as interested in Nomura's wacky interpretation of the FFVII story. I'm just not fawning over the technically underwhelming footage on display.
Joe Biden Reaction GIF

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Ok first of all that looks amazing. They showed a lot more than I thought they would have.

But here’s my concerns:

The scale of the overwork looks huge. In the original you could use the tiny bronco plane to surf around most of the first continent. Will they keep that level of freedom in the remake given the implied scale or will the exploration be limited to certain sections?

-Lack of actual towns being shown. They imply that the party is in kalm, but they don’t show actual kalm in the trailer. Or junon.

-speaking of junon, it looks massive from the outside. I wonder how 1:1 they will make it be compared to the original?

-Fort condor is on the way to junon, will that still be here?

-A lot of new details and an additional boss fight in mythril cave. They’re a lot smaller areas that I hope don’t skipped over because other areas got more attention. Particularly the part post costa del sol where you go to another reactor in the wilderness and run on the train tracks, the prison under the golden saucer, the gi cave at cosmo canyon.

Like there is so much content left to make for 2 games to cover I wonder if it ends a little before we’d all expect to just cover the absolute massive amount of content they need to cover at this detail.

Just some thoughts.

Like keep in mind this is the ff13 teams, who are used to making linear hallway games. Even ff7r is linear. So how are these guys going to recreate most of ff7r world in less than 4 years while covid took up at least one and still be able to pull it off by early 2024 is my question. If it was late 2024 I might believe it, and it probably will be delayed I’d imagine.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: anonpuffs

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The wacky re-interpretation of the story is the only thing that holds me back. Calling that footage technically underwhelming is legit just kinda stupid. I mean if so, I hope you think every game released and revealed for XSX is just straight up bad looking.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The wacky re-interpretation of the story is the only thing that holds me back. Calling that footage technically underwhelming is legit just kinda stupid. I mean if so, I hope you think every game released and revealed for XSX is just straight up bad looking.
It's an all new story imo. This is FF7-2, but instead of being a sequel sequel (i.e. continuing after meteor) it's a weaving of a second story into the original events to recontextualize them. I can't fucking wait.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's an all new story imo. This is FF7-2, but instead of being a sequel sequel (i.e. continuing after meteor) it's a weaving of a second story into the original events to recontextualize them. I can't fucking wait.
Call it whatever you want. It’s still really stupid, and really badly done imo. It’s not even suitable as a “young adult novel” (which is more along the lines of the original FF7). But I’ll probably still buy it just to see the original locations in their modern day glory. All of that stuff looks incredible. It’s a shame that it’s all being delivered in a turd sandwich of a story.