Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth | Review Thread & |OT|

What Scores do you think Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will get?

• 60-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • 95-97%

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • 98-100%

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
can I ask, how much better is the game compared to the first in your eyes? I absolutely loved the first.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
can I ask, how much better is the game compared to the first in your eyes? I absolutely loved the first.

I’m a big Final Fantasy VII fan. I played the original so many times and still hold it very close to my heart. Having said that, Remake didn't click with me other than some nostalgic moments.

I’m loving Rebirth, though.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I miss this game so much. The more I think about it, I think this is the best Final Fantasy game ever made. It’s the old FF formula from the 90s elevated into modern day perfection. And this is only the second part? When this wraps up, we’ll have the best trilogy in all of gaming history.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I’m a big Final Fantasy VII fan. I played the original so many times and still hold it very close to my heart. Having said that, Remake didn't click with me other than some nostalgic moments.

I’m loving Rebirth, though.
I'm playing through it now and I know what it is.

This is my second playthrough. After FF XVI I'm enjoying the combat in this, unlike the first time. But what gets me are the locations. Everything's the same. Bunch of metal corridors. That's the issue for me. Can't wait to start on part 2.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I'm playing through it now and I know what it is.

This is my second playthrough. After FF XVI I'm enjoying the combat in this, unlike the first time. But what gets me are the locations. Everything's the same. Bunch of metal corridors. That's the issue for me. Can't wait to start on part 2.

Making a 40-50 hour game out of Midgar felt very wrong to me. Very claustrophobic too.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I liked the first one more. This goes very open world. It’s good. Objectively it’s probably better.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Just beat it, my final rating is 9.4/10. Amazing games, some parts kinda dragged tho. Can't wait for Reunion

Reactions: arvfab

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Just beat it, my final rating is 9.4/10. Amazing games, some parts kinda dragged tho. Can't wait for Reunion
Honestly after playing it a game like it existing is a miracle, there is so much to do and so much care put into everything. I honestly felt depressed for a couple of days after I finished it because I didn't want it to end. We won't get many games of this scale and brilliance

• Shake
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Honestly after playing it a game like it existing is a miracle, there is so much to do and so much care put into everything. I honestly felt depressed for a couple of days after I finished it because I didn't want it to end. We won't get many games of this scale and brilliance
This is what I was thinking about the entire time playing it. Games like Rebirth are 1 in a million. I’m very grateful for what SE did.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: quest4441