Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth | Review Thread & |OT|

What Scores do you think Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will get?

• 60-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • 95-97%

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • 98-100%

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I wasn’t expecting a 9 from Edge for a mainline FF game. The game has been great so far, albeit I enjoyed FFVI’s combat system way more.
I can't choose between them, equally amazing. I'm actually disappointed that this forum doesn't have more discussion around this game... other forums cannot speak of this game without mentioning exclusivity, bad sales, with a follow up of meaningless port begging lmao.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I can't choose between them, equally amazing. I'm actually disappointed that this forum doesn't have more discussion around this game... other forums cannot speak of this game without mentioning exclusivity, bad sales, with a follow up of meaningless port begging lmao.

Yeah, I feel this game has been ignored by gamers and sales are lower than it deserves. I wouldn’t blame SE if the next one is multiplat.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yeah, I feel this game has been ignored by gamers and sales are lower than it deserves. I wouldn’t blame SE if the next one is multiplat.
Lower than it deserves, sure, but I think it's doing very well. Not gonna look at this like an investor and expect sales to endlessly get stronger for a 3 decade old franchise.

Reactions: Entropi

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Why is there no sales figures for Rebirth yet? Their last FF games they announced sales In days or just 1 week. Might be another Alan Wake 2 situation.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Whoever designed the checkpoint system should burn in hell.
LAST BOSS, LAST STAGE OF FIGHT (obviously it’s final fantasy so duh) and I die. Ok fine, the death screen always asks you “reload from this battle or before start of battle” or something like this.
This time there was another option if I remember correctly and it was “reload from current battle” which seemed most self explanatory to me….. AND IT FUCKING RESTARTED ME FROM THE WHOLE FUCKING FIGHT. 1 HOUR.
And not only that, I quickly quit and reload last save to see if maybe there is a checkpoint and it puts me at the beginning of the stage.
I have to watch all the fucking boring hand holds cutscenes and do the whole 7 million stages fight again. I was not so mad at a game in years.
And I am playing on normal, the game is quite difficult for me.

I generally disliked the game from about 50-60% in. Right about after costa del sol. They drop 10 mini games on you and they do the same right in next stage…. And you get another open world and another and another all with the same mini games, activities and repetition. It’s mind numbing. I did 100% of first few areas but I started skipping stuff in coral and after. The game dropped heavily in quality for me because of that. And I dislike red and cait and so on.
The story is also usual bs. They should’ve made it into a normal remake not what they did. It’s too convoluted. The problem with FF games is always the same over convoluted story which makes no sense…. Ehhh this one is not so bad but the main gist in this game ruins all the impact for me. Not spoiling anything.

Anyway… tomorrow I gotta redo the whole thing. Maybe I will put it on easy. 70 hours in and the game drags for last 30. What a joy. Remake was better, 16 was WAY better and honestly XV was better than all of them… I was putting remake on top of XV but now knowing how stupid the story is only for sake of being stupid, makes me retroactively dislike remake a bit more.

Rant over, kill me. I hate this game checkpoint system

Reactions: KvallyX

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
And done. ✅ It was a good game but I liked FF16 quite a bit more. Looking forward to Reunion.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I think about how I am comparing this to Final Fantasy XVI and how I enjoyed XVI more. I think much of it is because of the mini-games, which I didn't like at all. But I loved the story and the combat. But really, as this only being my 3rd FF game I ever played, it is fair for me to dock points for the mini-games, when mini-games have apparently been a staple of the FF series? It would be like me docking points for having to race cars in racing games.

So if I rated the game WITH mini-games, it would be a 7/10, because of my personal opinion of mini-games. If I removed the mini games from the equation (as the game is intended to have them), I would give it a 9/10.

Not sure if that makes sense.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
np, but you can do it as you post
I tried, but I was struggling to get the tags in the right spot on my iphone. So I had my iphone next to my computer and I hit REFRESH on my computer screen then EDIT right away.

You guys are SO FAST to read though! NEXT TIME, I will take advantage of the SAVE button next to the preview, NOT post, then edit.

Sorry! It wasn't intentional!

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I tried, but I was struggling to get the tags in the right spot on my iphone. So I had my iphone next to my computer and I hit REFRESH on my computer screen then EDIT right away.

You guys are SO FAST to read though! NEXT TIME, I will take advantage of the SAVE button next to the preview, NOT post, then edit.

Sorry! It wasn't intentional!
All good, what I saw thankfully wasn’t bad.

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I'm halfway through ch 13. Might wrap it up tonight just in time for DD2

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Anyone else think Barret is ridiculosuly OP this time around? hes a pressure/stagger monster

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer