Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth | Review Thread & |OT|

What Scores do you think Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will get?

• 60-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • 95-97%

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • 98-100%

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yep! Barret is definitely OP in this game but I love it 😂
He has all the tools lmao, bonus attack shreds, point blank and smackdown do ridiculous DPS, & then on top of that he can tank other members damage.
Didnt use him much in remake but he's the star of the show this time around:ROFLMAO:

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Yep! Barret is definitely OP in this game but I love it 😂
Barret helped me with some bosses because I could stay away from the boss in a distance and fire at the boss. When I did that, the rest of my team that was close to the boss was blocking and moving. I was getting my butt kicked when I was up close at times because I wasn't as good at blocking or dodging as the AI is when the AI is controlling them.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
He has all the tools lmao, bonus attack shreds, point blank and smackdown do ridiculous DPS, & then on top of that he can tank other members damage.
Didnt use him much in remake but he's the star of the show this time around:ROFLMAO:
Same, I didn't use Barret at all in Remake, and I used Tifa as often as I could. This game I don't use Tifa at all and use Barret as often as I can

• thisistheway
Reactions: voke

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Anyone else think Barret is ridiculosuly OP this time around? hes a pressure/stagger monster
Barret is in a good place, he was underwhelming in the first one. They toned down tifa but she's still really fun... cloud is cloud and he's even better than in the first game. Yuffie feels great to play but not really OP. Aerith also got a major glowup but her charged attack feels nerfed which I don't like, and she has too many separate wards so her ATB economy isn't too hot. Arcane ward is still OP af though. Just about the only character whose gameplay I don't care for is Cait Sith

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Anyone else think Barret is ridiculosuly OP this time around? hes a pressure/stagger monster
It was the same in Remake.

You have him using his ability to tank others damage and so you go deal with the bosses.
Some bosses on hardest difficult could only be beaten using him.

Another example if you want to beat Leviatan early in the game with low level characters... well Barret as supporter to tank damage is the only way.
I beat Leviatan very early in the game.

He has a move that kills everybody no matter what... so Barret tank it taking all the damage and you after revive him... profit.

Plus his limits where all good to do damage or fill the stun bar.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Barret is in a good place, he was underwhelming in the first one. They toned down tifa but she's still really fun... cloud is cloud and he's even better than in the first game. Yuffie feels great to play but not really OP. Aerith also got a major glowup but her charged attack feels nerfed which I don't like, and she has too many separate wards so her ATB economy isn't too hot. Arcane ward is still OP af though. Just about the only character whose gameplay I don't care for is Cait Sith
Aerith is like funnily broken in this game, hope they don't patch this.

Basically she have a special skill called "Shield of Earth" or something that allow for 60 seconds of invicibilty for all party members. It can be used after first use the healing skill.

You can find lvl 2 Recall materia that basically reheal 50% of special bar post-skill if you do the god statue and beat that god in the emulation thing, this one found in the Jungle region. Apply that to Aerith and enjoy inviciblity for life.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I tried, but I was struggling to get the tags in the right spot on my iphone. So I had my iphone next to my computer and I hit REFRESH on my computer screen then EDIT right away.

You guys are SO FAST to read though! NEXT TIME, I will take advantage of the SAVE button next to the preview, NOT post, then edit.

Sorry! It wasn't intentional!
The possibility of seeing Tifa naked, you bet your bottom dollar perverts like @Gediminas and @JAHGamer were going to click those pictures fast.

They have no morals.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
The possibility of seeing Tifa naked, you bet your bottom dollar perverts like @Gediminas and @JAHGamer were going to click those pictures fast.

They have no morals.
I want to see her scar...

Maybe just bit upper part just to be sure....

Also those guys turn write People's Republic of Japan into the game.

This is a cardinal sin, a hulimination.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
these mini games are giving me arthritis!!! im still on chapter 7 😭 im gonna stop spending so much time on side stuff and just focus on main or i'll never beat this.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
these mini games are giving me arthritis!!! im still on chapter 7 😭 im gonna stop spending so much time on side stuff and just focus on main or i'll never beat this.

I’m on chapter 10 at around 70 hours. I just got to Cosmo Canyon and it is beautiful. The music and the environment, a pure nostalgia trip.

But yeah, I need to move on with the story.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I’m on chapter 10 at around 70 hours. I just got to Cosmo Canyon and it is beautiful. The music and the environment, a pure nostalgia trip.

But yeah, I need to move on with the story.
I'm 45 hours in, couldn't play much in the past week cuz of work but the few hours I do play, I'm doing these cursed (but fun) mini games and trying to complete all world intel. I'll return to all this side stuff later.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
The whole game has been a joy to play even some of the harder mini games but I am biased and a huge FF7 fan, Square Enix finesses 500-600$ from me every time a new final fantasy releases lol

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I'm 45 hours in, couldn't play much in the past week cuz of work but the few hours I do play, I'm doing these cursed (but fun) mini games and trying to complete all world intel. I'll return to all this side stuff later.

Same here. Blood queen and minigames are keeping me from doing much lol

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Warning: the very last side quest is bugged since the latest update. I had to delete the game (not the saves) and reinstall from disc without the update in order to complete it.

Btw anyone else feel like this is the best FF soundtrack of all time?

It's top 3 for sure. Maybe it's nostalgia, but FFX is for me the best one.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Warning: the very last side quest is bugged since the latest update. I had to delete the game (not the saves) and reinstall from disc without the update in order to complete it.

It's top 3 for sure. Maybe it's nostalgia, but FFX is for me the best one.
what chapter is it?