Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth | Review Thread & |OT|

What Scores do you think Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will get?

• 60-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • 95-97%

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • 98-100%

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You really think Ronin will be good?

If you like Nioh style combat, then it will be good. Nioh 1 didnt have a huge array of enemies and it got 87. ROR, the open world has more activities and interaction then the likes of Horizon and Ghost of Tsushima. It shouldnt be less than 85.

Worse they could give it 82, but that would be alot of shilling and hating on something that doesnt deserve it.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I feel like Dragon's Dogma 2 is a bit of a wildcard. It could end up "good but not amazing" like the first game, or it could indeed be incredible because Itsuno is finally working with all the resources he should've had with the first game. It could land anywhere within that range.

I think the particular jankiness and uniqueness of Dragon's Dogma 1(and 2) combat is a tad too divisive for a score of that caliber. I also think that Capcom just can't really do a good story/narrative to save their lives and that's not a problem in most games they make(RE/MH/SF, etc...) but that's going to pull the score down when it's a RPG game that is being reviewed.

It will certainly do better than the first because the polish/refinement will certainly be there but I think the game has a ceiling in the high 80s.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Translated quote:
FFVII REBIRTH has been produced with one goal of exceeding 90. I would like to once again express my gratitude to the development team for their efforts with this wonderful result. We are also grateful for the support of the media, influencers, community, PR team, and many other people. Let's make the release date exciting together!!

Naoki Hamaguchi

Yeah, it wasn't just FF fans who were aiming for the return of FF towards a 90+ score.
Happy for the team, game dev is hard.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Watched a few reviews and very hyped for next Thursday!! Best of all, im off from work next Thursday and Friday so I can actually put a good amount of hours into the game. 😂