Final Fantasy XVI and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth did not meet sale expectations says Square Enix

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You are changing subject now. You said "I never seen people so happy to see a game fail on X platform" and I just pointed out that is exactly the same here. Lets not pretend otherwise.

I do agree that pc ports are a bad idea and I wish ps games remained exclusives, I just think it was hypocrite to said that considering that like 70% of this forum main page threads right now are people being happy about pc sales declining and games port bombing.
After the propaganda campaign that PC was bigger than consoles, some celebrations are in order. The only data that ever supported the lie was that wacky made-up chart from visual capitalist that people kept posting. This is the WSJ saying: sit down, cucks.

Reactions: On Demand

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Im a Playstation fan myself. Stop being so paranoid and took of you platform war glasses.

"Having a field day when other platform fails" is the bread and butter of this forum. 90% of us are Playstation users, the only two exceptions that post regularly are Dr Bass who is pretty neutral and Systemshock who is a pc guy.

Nah man. You are wrong. You don’t get the context.

PC ports poor sales is not the same as Sony games getting hate from the media and fanboys. 2 completely different things.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Rebirth was never going to sell more copies than Remake... That sets your highest possible market and yes people were torn.

Which is fine to me. It sold well enough.

You can’t make everybody happy. I’m more than fine with how the games turned out. Rebirth is the JRPG you dreamed about during the PS1 PS2 time would look and play like on more powerful consoles in the future.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Which is fine to me. It sold well enough.

You can’t make everybody happy. I’m more than fine with how the games turned out. Rebirth is the JRPG you dreamed about during the PS1 PS2 time would look and play like on more powerful consoles in the future.

Well, glad you're happy. Square Enix isn't though and they shouldn't be.

• sad
Reactions: On Demand