1 Jul 2022

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Played about 2-3 hours yesterday...

Well it foucs is really the story and cinematics... the RPG elements are less aparent than old school FFs.
Gameplay well it is not of my taste... too easy for a action game and really not strategic enough for a JRPG.
No control over your party is a big issue to me but maybe it can become better as I advance in the game?

The graphcis are one of the best I saw in PS5... it is a weird case becaus while the graphics are amazing sharp and clean the animation are pretty bad... in a example it looks better than Ragnarok but the animation is like years befhind the Sony's game anination.... it fells like the characters are toys :D :D :D

The performance is flawless... I did not saw any frame dip in all my playing time.
Motion blur is great implemented too.

It is really an archiviment techanically... and story wise seems to be amazing.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This game has the worst use of motion blur I have ever seen. The fuck were they thinking.

I have to do performance mode. Changed my mind. 30fps along with the heavy blur and overall muddy look of the game… it hurts general image clarity.

I’ll adjust. But goddamn … should’ve delayed this two months or something

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Playing on Graphics mode, love the combat system and I'm glad they are finally getting rid of turn based.

Story and graphics so far are both really good, this is a return to greatness for Final Fantasy after how disappointing XV was for me personally.

I really like that everyone has a British accent as well. So far this might be my favourite Final Fantasy since FFX 188e3261b7770-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Awesome OT! You're giving @John Elden Ring a run for his money lol.

Seriously nice looking OT, hope this inspires other users to put as much effort and thought as time goes by.

Can't wait till I get out of work today to pick up my copy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I find myself wishing for a bit more control customizations. We can re-assign buttons thru OS right? I’ve never tried that and I might have to look into it. I’m using type B but I kinda want to put the fireball attack onto L1. Why? Cuz you can charge and hold the fireball during combos and chain into it. Combat is pretty great. Game is still a bit too easy right now but it’s still early.

Thus far this satisfies the fantasy adventure that Witcher 3 provided. It has a heavy Game of Thrones influence visually and narratively which I find respects the player more than anything they’ve written in the last decade.

I dropped Rehash of the Wild after 50 hours of doing and seeing the same things and places I did 5 years ago and now I definitely don’t intend on going back.

Off to a great start 🙃

Edit 2: fixed darkness issues with hdr. In-game setting at 2 and used high contrast setting on my set to brighten image without making all the shades of black onscreen have that smokey haze all over. Phew… was driving me nuts

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
This is where I started to adore this game. Spoilers for first major boss encounter.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Even if you make you guys feel better my 4 years old son played it after launch 🔥
Beat the boss in the first mission after the hideout (my save was just about to drop to the boss).

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just came home early! I can finally play. I was thinking about it all day 😁

FFXVI disc on hand, PS5 unable to read any dics. I'm cursed.

Sony wants me to delete all my games and saves and format the console.
What is this bug? Never heard of this.

Are you guys playing in performance or visual mode?
I'm fine with the graphics 30 fps mode. I only notice when I switch back and forth. It looks awesome to me.