Final Fantasy XVI [OT] Clean Out Your PSClive Boys, We're Going Boss Hunting

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Does read any disc it's new PS5 and I had never tried to use a disc on it. It probably never worked.

It super new. I can eject and receive the discs it just fails when it tries to spin the disc aparently. I'll blow some air on it, but the noise is ugly lmao, sounds pretty broken.
Seems like defective… warranty is for that… hopes you can get it fixed or replaced.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yesterday I fought some soldiers and realized the game has too many QTEs in combat… and to be fair it doesn’t look necessary and breaks the flow/immersion of the combat.

It is very early yet but it is bad type of QTE and not like the ones of GoW that flows with the combat.

Having to mass hit square several times in the middle of battle in sequence is not good imo.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Yo..man am i the only one who think character model look bad? Its very PS3' ish

I swear witcher 3 on lastgen look better than this...

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Amination is very bad so it looks bad.
If animation was better then the characters probably could look better imo.

Character model itself is fne I guess.

Reactions: Airbus

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

You need to look at PS3 games again. This is what you get from anime looking characters, what games have better characters with this art style?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I just realized maybe…

@Airbus are you playing on Graphic or Performance mode? I did not try Performance but in Graphics the characters models are really great.

Sadly the animation is like flat robots 😂

It made me miss how great Ragnarok or Death Stranding animations where.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

It's only you. Are you talking about the smooth faces?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Enemy encounters are a bit easy at the moment and it might be by design since I’m really starting to a get grasp on it. They could ramp it up in the next section. There’s a nice rhythm to it that reminds of of throwing down attacks in Marvel vs Capcom. Which then got me to think it would’ve been nice if your party could’ve been featured similar to how a tag fighter would’ve.

Perfmance in either mode is taking a dump for me after that Garuda section. Pretty much just ran into the performance equivalent of a bog in Witcher 3 or souls game. I hope this is the worst of it.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
God damn. There was a slow down before the return to phoenix gate. But god this game is hype. I'm loving the combat. The perfect dodging is so satisfying the boss battle was jaw dropping. This game is so good I hope it goes forever. Also the final fantasy xiv quest design is there. Also people bitching about side quest. There are so easy and normally happens to feet away and almost no backtrack. Fucking amazing this game is. I don't want it to finish.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
God damn. There was a slow down before the return to phoenix gate. But god this game is hype. I'm loving the combat. The perfect dodging is so satisfying the boss battle was jaw dropping. This game is so good I hope it goes forever. Also the final fantasy xiv quest design is there. Also people bitching about side quest. There are so easy and normally happens to feet away and almost no backtrack. Fucking amazing this game is. I don't want it to finish.
I just died at the first Eikon fight because I was so flabbergasted by everything going on.

And I thought the demo was hype 😱

Reactions: SLB1904

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I spent a good amount of time idling around. After Garuda the game’s pace slows down a bit. That castle section was let’s say the first “dungeon” combat area. You don’t get something similar for quite awhile after and it can be a little bit of a buzzkill. However … we’re going places now. 😮

I’m debating taking off that 10% xp booster item because I feel overpowered. But there’s not many other items that seem great in my inventory yet

Not posting more spoilery scenes yet but here’s an environment shot:

FzY1RStXwAA-tM3

Last edited:
  • brain
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I spent a good amount of time idling around. After Garuda the game’s pace slows down a bit. That castle section was let’s say the first “dungeon” combat area. You don’t get something similar for quite awhile after and it can be a little bit of a buzzkill. However … we’re going places now. 😮

I’m debating taking off that 10% xp booster item because I feel overpowered. But there’s not many other items that seem great in my inventory yet

Not posting more spoilery scenes yet but here’s an environment shot:

FzY1RStXwAA-tM3
It feels like you get less xp when you're overleveled so I think that ring is kind of pointless. I have the gil% ring on and a couple of eikon ability boosters on.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It feels like you get less xp when you're overleveled so I think that ring is kind of pointless. I have the gil% ring on and a couple of eikon ability boosters on.
what i gather, best choice is to have AP % ring, because if you go for platinum, it shortens the grind. because even after NG+, you are missing some AP.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
what i gather, best choice is to have AP % ring, because if you go for platinum, it shortens the grind. because even after NG+, you are missing some AP.
I don't have that ring, where do you get it?

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Damn this game gets dark even on these fetch quests.

I'm in NNortreach, this kid and his dad aattract slaves to get killed by their pet wolf. But they end up dead by their new pet wolf. Another quest a girl ask me to find her pet and I though I was looking for a dog instead was a slave lol wtf
and people wanted black people in this game. Imagine the outrage

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Performance mode actually pulls thru in the next dungeon (it’s short) and runs well even outside of combat. It’s been quite refreshing.

Grassy areas it where it takes a dump. I don’t like the 30fps here due to excess motion blur. So I think I’m gonna run performance the whole way and see how it fares. My solution most of the time is just… walking slowly. It is what it is and hopefully there’s another patch coming Monday or Tuesday.

These side quests are painfully bad. Most involve no gameplay at all. It’s a fair criticism. Towns have been total buzzkils.

I always had some passing internet in that Final Fantasy Origins game because it was action… I’m somehow a bit more interested now to check it out when it’s on heavy discount or ps extra.

Last edited:
  • brain