Final Fantasy XVI - The Rising Tide DLC Trailer. Announces April 18 Release Date. |UP| Reviews.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Update 4/22

Reviews:

1713782856662.png

But Why Tho?
APR 21, 2024
Final Fantasy XVI: The Rising Tide is an excellent addition to an already great story that fits seamlessly into the world of Final Fantasy XVI. Clive’s latest quest is challenging but rewarding, and it allows him to grow more as a character as he continues serving the people around him.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Noisy Pixel
APR 19, 2024
While The Rising Tide stumbles with its explorable scope and characterization for select individuals, its combat highs are standout. Fans of the base game and the first DLC should definitely pick this up if they haven’t already.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Push Square
APR 19, 2024
Final Fantasy 16: The Rising Tide is a great expansion to an excellent action RPG, offering up one of the game's most intriguing and considered chapters. With yet more memorable boss battles, an emotional storyline, and some downright stunning environments, it's the worthy sendoff that Clive and company deserve.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Hobby Consolas
APR 19, 2024
Final Fantasy XVI says goodbye with The Rising Tide, a new dose of spectacle that will surely please those who loved the sixteenth entry, but which falls short of the expectations.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GLHF on Sports Illustrated
APR 19, 2024
The Rising Tide is considerably more content-packed than the initial Echoes of the Fallen DLC, but it doesn’t change 16’s fate. If you want more of Clive Rosfield’s adventures to defy the gods, then The Rising Tide is for you, but if you only have a passing curiosity, then you probably won’t regret skipping over Leviathan in Final Fantasy 16.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Jeuxvideo.com
APR 19, 2024
Even more than for Echoes of the Fallen, The Rising Tide is aimed at those who enjoyed Final Fantasy XVI and who want more. In the context of a magnificent region, this DLC puts the challenge at the heart of its experience through battles that are as spectacular as they are formidable. The gameplay also evolves with the introduction of two new powers which finally bring more variety to basic moves. However, in addition to the flaws of the original game still present, this expansion only offers a fleeting scenario and above all a really short main quest which puts its price into perspective. It is therefore on a rather positive note that Final Fantasy XVI bids us farewell, after having been so divisive... like all episodes of Final Fantasy ultimately.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Reactions: Gamernyc78

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
So damn excited for this. I consumed too much FF16 media before its release and honestly, I wish I hadn’t. Didn’t make that mistake with Rising Tide though. Didnt watch the latest trailer so don’t know much about what’s happening with the dlc. Cant wait! Hoping they added some more secret bosses as well, it’s the one thing I wish this game had more of.
Looks phenomenal! Rebirth saved FF16 skin, now it's Rebirth that is getting all the attacks 🫠

One day people will replay FF16 and they will wonder what was going on with the relentless hate campaign.

Classic FF fandom. It’s the endless of cycle of the last game being shit until a new one comes out then the previous entry was actually really good lol It’s dumb.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Will have to replay the base game to get to both expansions since I don't have my save file. The Rising Tide looks awesome.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Classic FF fandom. It’s the endless of cycle of the last game being shit until a new one comes out then the previous entry was actually really good lol It’s dumb.
It seems like Rebirth is kind of getting the opposite treatment, everyone loved it at launch and now a few weeks later, people are starting to be nitpicky about it 😂

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Despite really liking FFXVI I had enough by the end and don't feel like going back so soon.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Really excited for this, despite spending like 70 hours on this game I just wanted more from this world.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It seems like Rebirth is kind of getting the opposite treatment, everyone loved it at launch and now a few weeks later, people are starting to be nitpicky about it 😂
I actually don't see much nitpicks, the fanbase reacted surprisingly well to it. What they are dooming about are the sales, which, quite frankly to me is preposterous. It got rave reviews, part 3 is underway, square isn't about to kick the bucket, I see no reason to doom over it's sales, I'm sure square knows how much this series is going to sell at this point.

Reactions: JAHGamer

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023

Of course lol I just finished Rebirth too so I can already tell how the fanbase is brewing. Incredible game though. What a timeline to be alive in to experience XVI and Rebirth not even a year apart.

Edit: Also what @voke said, there’s a lot of sales dooming whenever sales data comes out. But eh, I’ve honestly been ignoring all the chatter about this game and it was incredible playing it with a clean and fresh mind, free from internet discourse

Reactions: JAHGamer