First Look at Nintendo Switch 2

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
RRVQIJD.jpg

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
since its a nintendo console i dont care about the hardware being strong, i just need the rumor of it having a built in mic to be true.................. so many IPs from the DS/3DS era coming back, nintendogs is about to sweep GTA6

Reactions: Entropi

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
That is still way better than expected.
It just needed like half bandwidth of PS4.
Slower speed RAM and lower bandwidth RAM then PS4. Switch 2 will not perform at PS4 Pro levels because of this. For example, PS5 Pro has more bandwidth then the 4070 but the 4070 has faster RAM then PS5 Pro so it evens out.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Slower speed RAM and lower bandwidth RAM then PS4. Switch 2 will not perform at PS4 Pro levels because of this. For example, PS5 Pro has more bandwidth then the 4070 but the 4070 has faster RAM then PS5 Pro so it evens out.
I’m not sure if you are understanding why you need more bandwidth (how fast a RAM is makes no difference… 100GB/s using 5000Mhz or 10000Mhz RAM doesn’t make any difference… both delivery the same… bus x speed = bandwidth).

PS4 / PS4 Pro / PS5 / PS5 Pro works with resolutions way higher than Switch… so they do indeed needs more RAM.

102GB/s for Switch Pro is overkill.
It won’t run any game at 1080p… it will run at 720p max and DLSS will do the rest.

Why you will add more bandwidth in a machine that won’t need it?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I’m not sure if you are understanding why you need more bandwidth (how fast a RAM is makes no difference… 100GB/s using 5000Mhz or 10000Mhz RAM doesn’t make any difference… both delivery the same… bus x speed = bandwidth).

PS4 / PS4 Pro / PS5 / PS5 Pro works with resolutions way higher than Switch… so they do indeed needs more RAM.

102GB/s for Switch Pro is overkill.
It won’t run any game at 1080p… it will run at 720p max and DLSS will do the rest.

Why you will add more bandwidth in a machine that won’t need it?

Then it’s not on the same level as those consoles you mentioned?

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Then it’s not on the same level as those consoles you mentioned?
The hardware it is at PS4 Pro level with a better CPU and more RAM.

You guys focus on bandwidth that is a non issue because it will render at lower resolution and reach higher resolution via DLSS.

Let’s say PS4 Pro reaches 1440p with 212GB/s.
Switch Pro can reach the same 1440p using 720p + DLSS with these 102GB/s.

So bandwidth here is a non issue.
If PS4 Pro had something similar to DLSS it should be reaching 4k in all games something that not even PS5 do.

Why Somy choose to invest in PSSR with PS5 Pro? To reach 4k using lower resolutions that allow better frame rates… because without it you should not have 4k native as standard.

• haha
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The hardware it is at PS4 Pro level with a better CPU and more RAM.

You guys focus on bandwidth that is a non issue because it will render at lower resolution and reach higher resolution via DLSS.

If PS4 Pro had something similar to DLSS it should be reaching 4k in all games something that not even PS5 do.

Why Somy choose to invest in PSSR with PS5 Pro? To reach 4k using lower resolutions that allow better frame rates… because without it you should not have 4k native as standard.

That’s some serious delusion which I always hear when Nintendo announce new hardware.

The most powerful Handheld on the market is about Par to the PS4 Pro and Series S.

It cost 1000 dollars.

Good luck getting that at launch for 400 dollars from profit first Nintendo.

Wait till the REAL specs come in. Be ready to be disappointed with Nintendo again.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

DLSS wasn't even in plan for Nvidia when PS4Pro was launched with its checkerboard technique. Checkerboard wasn't that effective as DLSS, of course, but it did its job in games, but only if internal resolution for games were above 1080p or higher. Lower internal resolutions caused some serious artifacts or very blurry IQ

Also, handheld as PS4 Pro/XSS in terms of power won't be 400$. It can only cost more. In terms of PS4 power docked yeah, that's doable.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That’s some serious delusion which I always hear when Nintendo announce new hardware.

The most powerful Handheld on the market is about Par to the PS4 Pro and Series S.

It cost 1000 dollars.

Good luck getting that at launch for 400 dollars from profit first Nintendo.

Wait till the REAL specs come in. Be ready to be disappointed with Nintendo again.
That is new… I don’t own a Nintendo console since N64.
I’m basically 100% PS fan 🤷🏻‍♂️

That doesn’t change anything about my opinion of what it was leaked (if true).

In fact if Switch had DLSS it should be already delivery closer IQ to PS4.

People here as vastly underestimating what DLSS do… it can make 540p have similar IQ to 1080p… or 1440p have similar IQ as 4k 🤷🏻‍♂️

I will make another claim… hypothetical if PS4 had DLSS or.PSSR it should be closes image quality to PS4 Pro without these techs.

And if PS4 Pro had something similar DLSS I’m not sure if people should be happy with PS4 Pro vs PS5 comparisons.

But that was just hypothetical cases impossible to happen because PS4 having PSSR means PS4 Pro and PS5 should had it too 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
That is new… I don’t own a Nintendo console since N64.
I’m basically 100% PS fan 🤷🏻‍♂️

That doesn’t change anything about my opinion of what it was leaked (if true).

In fact if Switch had DLSS it should be already delivery closer IQ to PS4.

People here as vastly underestimating what DLSS do… it can make 540p have similar IQ to 1080p… or 1440p have similar IQ as 4k 🤷🏻‍♂️

I will make another claim… hypothetical if PS4 had DLSS or.PSSR it should be closes image quality to PS4 Pro.

Wasn’t talking about you specifically but in general.

Even I have fallen to this nonsense.

Nintendo always take shortcuts to make a profit even at launch.

400 dollar Switch 2 with the same power as a PS4 Pro/Series S? No chance.

• Informative
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi and ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This is Control running at 720p with DLSS Ultra Performance making it reach 4k.
It is worst than DLSS Quality or Balance? Yes.
But hey it is kinda better than 4K Native + TAA from the same game.

I'm not saying Nintendo will use DLSS Ultra Performance in portable but it could be an option when docked.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
Nintendo going stale? They never release same thing twice
Game boy to game boy color
DS to DSi to 3DS
All the home consoles before Wii

Iwata was the biggest creative lead at the company and he is dead. They will milk the hybrid Switch for as long as humanly possible

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
They will milk the hybrid Switch for as long as humanly possible

i honestly wish they keep the switch forever, it has everything they had done to this day in their major consoles, can be portable, can be a regular console, has motion controls, if switch 2 has a camera and a mic it will be the ultimate nintendo console