Forced PC crossplay with Consoles has ruined online gaming

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
PC players are generally more skilled than console players, the mouse and keyboard is better than controller and pc is significantly more susceptible to hacking.

Crossplay is turned on by default, so vast majority of players play with it turned on. Only when they realise they can’t compete with PC, they turn it off only to realise their are no servers with crossplay off. (Especially here in Australia)

Crossplay with PC only benefits PC, and it’s a complete disadvantage for console players. PC players realise they can dominate, so eventually the population becomes mostly PC PLAYERS, which makes things worse for console.

that-one-guy-defending-forced-crossplay-and-pc-players-with-v0-vmbhu2sx99591.jpg

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
That's an Xbox thing, mostly. They're forcing crossplay due to low player numbers. It's one of the things that killed Halo.

And no, for some reason disabling crossplay from the console itself does not work on Halo.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Makes it good for me, a pc player tho 😏
No GIF

• fire
  • haha
Reactions: teezzy and Bo_Hazem

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Just weird because this just affects fps games (if that’s what Op is talking about maybe I’m forgetting a genre) when I’ve played other games online like yeah you can use a keyboard or whatever but ultimately the controller isn’t going to give you a advantage lol. It’s the skill of the player that matters the most. Ability to think quick is key in those games.

Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
It’s shit. I used to justify the fee for a well curated even playing field as a console gamer. Now I don’t know what I’m even paying for.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's an Xbox thing, mostly. They're forcing crossplay due to low player numbers. It's one of the things that killed Halo.

And no, for some reason disabling crossplay from the console itself does not work on Halo.
Yep. And everyone made a huge issue about PS not doing it, FUD again from journalists lol

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It helps all of them. There are downsides in PvP where controller and keyboard lobbies should be separate. Cheating is also a thing and more common in f2p PvP lobbies.

It’s still better than my experience with 2042 on console when turning off cross play… couldn’t find matches for some modes in any form.

There are solution but player population and quick matchmaking is priority.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
FPS is most popular multiplayer genre on consoles, even gaming wide.

What is there to it, MOBAs?

Fighting games, racing games, arcade games, platformers.l and many many more. Those are genres where a controller is the standard among PC and console.

Otherwise you would have to start filtering users with arcade sticks, hit boxes and racing wheels to have an absolute level playing field.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PC players are generally more skilled than console players, the mouse and keyboard is better than controller and pc is significantly more susceptible to hacking.

Crossplay is turned on by default, so vast majority of players play with it turned on. Only when they realise they can’t compete with PC, they turn it off only to realise their are no servers with crossplay off. (Especially here in Australia)

Crossplay with PC only benefits PC, and it’s a complete disadvantage for console players. PC players realise they can dominate, so eventually the population becomes mostly PC PLAYERS, which makes things worse for console.

View attachment 2660
I think crossplay may only be an "issue" in FPS. But in any case, its supposed issues are not related to crossplay.

In some games like Street Fighter 6 you don't play with keyboard and mouse: you use the same gamepads and arcade sticks as in console. And the gameplay is limited to locked 60fps in all platforms so there isn't advantage.

It would be better if all MP competitive games would be designed in this way: to use a unique fps locked to avoid people with 240Hz/240fps monitors have 'big' an advantage over the 60Hz/60fps ones. They could lock the game to 60Hz/fps for everyone, or also make an option to have only players of other fps/Hz. But that also happens inside pc matches, not only in console. It's a game design issue, nothing to do with crossplay.

Regarding cheaters, there are in console too. But they are a tiny portion of the population, as in PC. In most cases these players simply are more skilled or have a way better connection than you, or the game didn't display the stuff in a way on a realistic way due to online networking stuff (the "hey I did hit you with that bullet but didn't affect you" normally is that your game didn't properly predict the position of the other player). That is a programming and design issue, again not related to crossplay.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
I agree but it goes both ways. Using a mouse is definitely more precise than controllers for shooters, but this is balanced by giving console players aim assist and sometimes giving pc players bullet magnetism. This things sometimes are way overtuned to the point of causing pro players switching to controllers because sticking to mouse and keyboard was literally putting you on a disadvantage.

I prefer to play with crossplay off If I have the chance. I like when we all play in the same or almost same conditions. And while hackers are not that much of a thing on the games I play you definitely see them more often on pc.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I agree but it goes both ways. Using a mouse is definitely more precise than controllers for shooters, but this is balanced but giving console players aim assist and sometimes giving pc players bullet magnetism. This things sometimes are way overtuned to the point of causing pro players switching to controllers because sticking to mouse and keyboard was literally putting you on a disadvantage.

I prefer to play with crossplay off If I have the chance. I like when we all play in the same or almost same conditions. And while hackers are not that much of a thing on the games I play you definitely see them more often on pc.
i fucking hate bullet magnetism and aim assist. Bullets should go where the crosshair is. The game shouldn't aim for you.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I agree but it goes both ways. Using a mouse is definitely more precise than controllers for shooters, but this is balanced by giving console players aim assist and sometimes giving pc players bullet magnetism. This things sometimes are way overtuned to the point of causing pro players switching to controllers because sticking to mouse and keyboard was literally putting you on a disadvantage.

I just hate quick scopers, these guys ruin every fps game. A sniper isn't supposed to be a long range shotgun.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just desserts, PC series going to console has ruined PC UI for over a decade now.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just desserts, PC series going to console has ruined PC UI for over a decade now.
That is weird take because since ever Steam survey shows most PC players uses controller instead M/KB… so PC UI had to adapt themselves.

In the past games used to have different UIs between PC and console but today PC has a very similar UI to consoles due most playing with controller.

Of course there are exceptions like Baldur’s Gate 3 that had different UI to M/KB and controller on PC.