Forza Horizon 5 reaches 37 million unique players

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Forza Horizon 5 has managed to attract more than 37 million players. With this, we can safely assume that the title has been well-received by a vast number of brand followers, and we receive this news thanks to Snap Blast Play (an Xbox enthusiast) who shared the update on their Xbox account.

The racing game Forza Horizon 5 has been on the market since November 2021 and even in 2024, it continues to be a huge hit with gamers, winning over more and more players every day.

As revealed in the game's own menu, Forza Horizon 5 recently reached an incredible 37 million unique players. These figures represent the total number of people who have opened and played Forza Horizon 5 since its launch (they are not sales figures).

24 Jun 2022
And yet still no word on copies sold.

To their credit, this is one of the few XGS games that's probably sold pretty decently. I'd say probably between 7-8 million copies, tho a lot of those at discount and sales prices. Also most of those being on Steam, then a split between MS Store and Xbox consoles.

At best they're probably around close 9 million but, again, a lot of those at sales and promo or discounted prices thanks to things like CD Keys on PC.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Forza killed every other racing franchise out there

Maybe Mario Kart 8 is an exception
GT7 is always appearing on charts, unlike Forza Horizon.

There's a reason why Sony doesn't brag about players nearly as much as Microsoft.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Forza Horizon 5 is successful and the ONLY successful MGS game they didn’t buy from someone else.

Forza Motorsport doesn’t even chart in Xbox top 50.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Its an amazing game and incredibly well optimized on PC. But FH3 is my favorite, after playing that one, 4 and 5 I had an overdose of the franchise.

Ideally I would like them to return to the first FH in spirit meaning I don't like the game throwing hypercars at you left and right from the very beginning. Progression needs a revamp.

Denying Forza Horizon success is peak icon era though.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Its an amazing game and incredibly well optimized on PC. But FH3 is my favorite, after playing that one, 4 and 5 I had an overdose of the franchise.

Ideally I would like them to return to the first FH in spirit meaning I don't like the game throwing hypercars at you left and right from the very beginning. Progression needs a revamp.

Denying Forza Horizon success is peak icon era though. Also isn't GT7 the first proper GT release in a decade? Last one being a PS3 game that bombed?
Guess you can also include GT7 early access also know as GT Sport. They pulled one of kojimas playbook with ground zeroes right there.

In the same timeframe you had like 4 Forza Horizon games.
Are you reaching a trophy for most idiotic comment?
WTF is this comment
Love And Hip Hop Reaction GIF by VH1

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
WTF is this comment

Prove me wrong. Wasn't GT7 the first numbered GT release in a decade? Didn't GT6 bomb? How was GT Sport content wise on day one at 60 USD a pop?

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I count as one and I played like a few minutes at most.
WTF is this comment

PC player hating on Sony for no reason and shilling for Xbox, these guys are all the same.

That is why despite the fact that I also play on PC I think Sony should just give them GaaS and that is it.