Forza Horizon 5 reaches 37 million unique players

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sport ended up being very successful.

7 as a numbered game is still an evolution of Sport and its predecessors.

Also comparing open world arcade racer Forza Horizon 5 to Gran Turismo does not compute. Especially considering how maligned and rejected by players and enthusiasts the latest Forza Motorsport is… the other actual console racing sim.

Also want to use this opportunity to mention that The Crew Motorsport has been a fantastic alternative.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I count as one and I played like a few minutes at most.

PC player hating on Sony for no reason and shilling for Xbox, these guys are all the same.

That is why despite the fact that I also play on PC I think Sony should just give them GaaS and that is it.

Stating facts does not equal shilling neither enjoying a well made game. Shilling would be saying:

"OMG Red fall is GOTY caliber game"
"Forza 8 is such an amazing game from day one, such an improvement over 7. Turn 10 is such an incredibly well managed studio"
"There are no issues at all with Starfield"
"Bonnie Ross knocked it out of the park with Halo infinite"

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Its an amazing game and incredibly well optimized on PC. But FH3 is my favorite, after playing that one, 4 and 5 I had an overdose of the franchise.

Ideally I would like them to return to the first FH in spirit meaning I don't like the game throwing hypercars at you left and right from the very beginning. Progression needs a revamp.

Denying Forza Horizon success is peak icon era though.
Oh god, so much to unpack.

First of all, I don't know about nowadays, but upon release FH5 was a buggy mess. As of a few months ago, it was still buggy as hell. But I'm sure you have seen no issues, because of course you didn't.

Since you edited your comment, I've added the rest below:

Also isn't GT7 the first proper GT release in a decade? Last one being a PS3 game that bombed?
Guess you can also include GT7 early access also know as GT Sport. They pulled one of kojimas playbook with ground zeroes right there.

In the same timeframe you had like 4 Forza Horizon games.

So, let's go bit by bit. GT6 released December 2013, GT7 released March 2022. That's not a decade, it's 8 years and 3 months, give or take.

Second, GT6 did not bomb. It sold over 5M copies at a time the PS4 was already on the market, and got no port. But I guess bombing is selling more copies than FH2 and 3 put together.

Third, it's convenient to ignore GT Sport, a game that sold more than all Forza Horizon games put together.

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Stating facts does not equal shilling neither enjoying a well made game. Shilling would be saying:

"OMG Red fall is GOTY caliber game"
"Forza 8 is such an amazing game from day one, such an improvement over 7. Turn 10 is such an incredibly well managed studio"
"There are no issues at all with Starfield"
"Bonnie Ross knocked it out of the park with Halo infinite"
You are saying GT6 and GTS bomb when they sold vastly more than any Forza game ever. Get real.

What is the best selling Forza? Did it even sell better than Driveclub? Did any Forza game sold more than 5m?

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Hell I've "played" FH5. This number means zilch.
I gave a go to FH 3 and 4, the constant congratulations made me feel stupid both times. This is like participation trophies galore, I had to stop.

Even the kids did not like it.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Absolutely love this series. FH5 has been great. Campaign complete, and now still working on side items.