FROMSOFTWARE is now the sole owner of Elden ring IP, thanks to Sony and Tencent investments to help the developer self-publish.

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
That's the green light to milk the fuck out of it. Elden Ring is so insanely successful critically and financially, they can coast on it and use it to fund everything else they do.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm not sure how this shows what you claim. First of all, it only shows that Bandai Namco transferred the ownership of the trademark to Fromsoft. Also, this happened in April of 2023, and if Bamco indeed sold the rights to Fromsoft it would have been off the back of its giant launch sales revenue, not from Tencent and Sony's investment which happened in 2022.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm not sure how this shows what you claim. First of all, it only shows that Bandai Namco transferred the ownership of the trademark to Fromsoft. Also, this happened in April of 2023, and if Bamco indeed sold the rights to Fromsoft it would have been off the back of its giant launch sales revenue, not from Tencent and Sony's investment which happened in 2022.
If you would go in and look the info is there and transfer of ownership/asungmebtbis stated. It's not what "I" claim, it's what has been reported on.

1708167312690.png
1708167340354.png

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Tencent won't budge in tht lol.
I don't see why not, Sony just needs to pay what their shares are worth.

Another option is to just get into an agreement with Kadokawa to get more shares in exchange for a multi game publishing deal.

Sony is probably the best partner for FromSoftware given their history of success together.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't see why not, Sony just needs to pay what their shares are worth.

Another option is to just get into an agreement with Kadokawa to get more shares in exchange for a multi game publishing deal.
Hey money talks so it could happen.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I wonder if all of this going on in the background is part of the reason we haven’t seen the Elden ring dlc yet? Perhaps From wanted full ownership of the IP before they released the dlc so they’ve been holding off this whole time?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Sony is probably the best partner for FromSoftware given their history of success together.

Yeah I think Sony is probably better off trying to buy more shares themselves instead from Tencent. And Sony better be quick because Fromsoft is going from success to success and Tencent will buy more