FTC appeals to block already-completed Microsoft-Activision deal

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Man, just move on. It's over. Try blockign the next purchase instead.
over GIF

kkkkk brincadeira!

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
If the FTC determines the merger to be anticompetitive, which it clearly is, it can and will be unwound. All those leaked docs and emails have made it impossible for MS to make any credible argument that its intentions aren't to monopolize the video game industry.

The FTC isn't going to accept any half-measures.
its not up to the FTC. Its up to the judges at the 9th circuit appeals court.

24 Jun 2022
Great, 3+ more months of "news" from shills like HoeLaw, Destin, and Florian pretending to know what they're talking about 😒

I was against the merger but glad it was over, ABK is dying, Xbox is dying, just let them kill each other off.

Not for me. All those dudes are basically muted on my Twitter aside Destin, but I don't even see him post that often or at least it (thankfully) doesn't pop up in my feed.

HogLaw and SoloKingRobert are not gamers. They're bean counters, investors, and literally paid PR in the case of the latter.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Not for me. All those dudes are basically muted on my Twitter aside Destin, but I don't even see him post that often or at least it (thankfully) doesn't pop up in my feed.

HogLaw and SoloKingRobert are not gamers. They're bean counters, investors, and literally paid PR in the case of the latter.
Even if you don't see their posts directly, their talking points still get parroted by their brain dead belligerent followers. It's sad how a small minority can control the narrative so heavily, but I guess that's the power of money.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Even if you don't see their posts directly, their talking points still get parroted by their brain dead belligerent followers. It's sad how a small minority can control the narrative so heavily, but I guess that's the power of money.
...!!!

Reactions: JAHGamer

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'll never agree with the attitude of the ones on era who think MS should be allowed to buy up any and everything in the industry just because they personally don't like PlayStation. Even more ridiculous if the hate is because they think PS have too many exclusives or is more successful than they think it deserves to be.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
This is beyond silly at this point. It's over. Move on.
Gotta put on a show to make other mega corporations think twice about trying this type of thing, and also the fact that the deal is actually anticompetitive. Microsoft probably wouldn't be in this mess had they ported Starfield to PS5. FTC using Bethesda exclusives as evidence.

Reactions: toadsage44

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
"I fail to understand how giving somebody a monopoly of something would be pro-competitive," he argued, as reported by CNN."It may be a benefit to some class of consumers, but that is very different than saying it is pro-competitive."

Truer words have never been said.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Gotta put on a show to make other mega corporations think twice about trying this type of thing, and also the fact that the deal is actually anticompetitive. Microsoft probably wouldn't be in this mess had they ported Starfield to PS5. FTC using Bethesda exclusives as evidence.
The merger would always have faced obstacles. It is the world's biggest software publisher buying the world's largest dedicated games publisher.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Great, 3+ more months of "news" from shills like HoeLaw, Destin, and Florian pretending to know what they're talking about 😒

I was against the merger but glad it was over, ABK is dying, Xbox is dying, just let them kill each other off.
Hoeg hardly even said anything, he was busy recovering from a stroke at the time.