FTC appeals to block already-completed Microsoft-Activision deal

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I have no faith in the process but at least there's still some resistance so that's good.

MS might think twice next time they go on a shopping spree for a dying platform.

Reactions: Diah and Puff

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Huh?? He definitely talked about it extensively, made plenty of tweets and was on plenty of podcasts, as well as his own podcast, arguing in favor of the deal and how absolutely nothing was wrong with it. What are you talking about?
He had a stroke in, like, January and was inactive for like half a year. Where have you been?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The deal went on for 20 months...and because he was out of commission for a few months that means he never spoke about it? 😂😂 get real
As a lawyer his most valuable contributions should have been reactions to the trial. He spent that entire period off of Youtube except for one video where he very slowly read out a prepared script. I couldn't suffer through it and apparently noone else did either since he admitted it was a mistake and resumed his off-screen recovery for another two or so months.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
As a lawyer his most valuable contributions should have been reactions to the trial. He spent that entire period off of Youtube except for one video where he very slowly read out a prepared script. I couldn't suffer through it and apparently noone else did either since he admitted it was a mistake and resumed his off-screen recovery for another two or so months.

He was still posting on twitter.

D

Deleted member 223

Gotta put on a show to make other mega corporations think twice about trying this type of thing, and also the fact that the deal is actually anticompetitive. Microsoft probably wouldn't be in this mess had they ported Starfield to PS5. FTC using Bethesda exclusives as evidence.
A most fortunate slip.

But when you're that big and the system is as corrupt as it's you can make those kinds of slips (and many more) as clearly illustrated.

The goal is clear. And when everything is clear, only the rot is left in the open air, for everyone to marvel at how nasty it's.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
A most fortunate slip.

But when you're that big and the system is as corrupt as it's you can make those kinds of slips (and many more) as clearly illustrated.

The goal is clear. And when everything is clear, only the rot is left in the open air, for everyone to marvel at how nasty it's.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
giphy.gif

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
He's a youtuber, people watch his youtubes, of which he had maybe one during the FTC trial.

And while absent from YouTube he was still commentating on the ABK deal on twitter. You keep moving the goalpost.

Reactions: JAHGamer