FTC Wants More Information About Microsoft's Future ZeniMax Exclusivity And Its 10-Year Deals - GameSpot

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
And port games exclusively to SteamOS. As long as you depend on Proton to game on Linux, it's because developers are still shackled to Windows and DirectX.
These trends take years, maybe decades to set in. For now all it takes is a reasonable and comparable alternative to Windows and all of its bullshit will be exposed, next time Microsoft tries to shit up the OS in the name of controlling even more of your stuff and trying to relegate the hardware and software you bought into their perpetual pay-pig and taking away your ownership of your own system...people will have an outlet to go to. Doesn't matter if proton is just windows/dx emulation, it limits what MS can get away with in the short term, and serves as a conduit to transition from the awfulness of Windows (I mean the direction that MS is taking windows with 11 is just...gutwrenching). In 8 years when they try to launch Windows 12, and gamers are like "well sure I can go to windows 12 where Microsoft wants you to pay $9.99 a month just to use your OS, or I can move to SteamOS where all the games run as well as or better and is free.99...gonna just use SteamOS"

Reactions: Deleted member 417
OP
OP
SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
One dude on reddit said sony wanted to make starfield exclusive and every1 went with it. Like wtf? People re repeating it to this day.
To be fair I dont know why people are surprised.

Sony and Microsoft will always approach devs for some kinda exclusivity.
Just because they were talking doesn't mean Bethesda had to accept

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I edited my post because Imran actually did name Starfield. It doesn't prove anything really but it's all coming from the same rumor. Sony never got exclusives from 2k, Ubi, WB, Capcom or Acti so the rumor was false, unless they all refused lol.

Hes the only person to say this publicly right? This one tweet has been used to justify microsoft to buy publishers from xbox cultists for almost 2 years. Im not saying buddy is lying, but just because sony MAY have wanted to do something doesnt mean it was going to happen.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hes the only person to say this publicly right? This one tweet has been used to justify microsoft to buy publishers from xbox cultists for almost 2 years. Im not saying buddy is lying, but just because sony MAY have wanted to do something doesnt mean it was going to happen.
What does Sony "timed exclusivity" even matter? That is something both companies have done for over a decade. Totally different type of scenario from acquiring a prominent (household name) company with the means and agenda to later make it "completely" exclusive, to buying timed exclusivity.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

PS5 version was in development though that was confirmed by Pete hines in his Gamespot interview. When he said "it was multiplatform until Microsoft bought us".

Thats confirmation game was being developed across platforms and I would argue seeing how far along Sony was with Dev kits and skd's much farther than Xbox would have been in development.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The original rumor about Sony going to all 3rd parties was from an Era user and journalist. He never specified Starfield by name, that was made up.

And 3 years later we can say that rumor was fake because Sony didn't get exclusives besides the ones that were announced at the beginning of the gen.

Edit - he actually did mention Starfield by name

Even if that rumor was true... it at max Timed Exclusivity of 1 year like the others.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Starfield is exclusive to Xbox. Starfield is coming to PS5. Both of those statements can be true, and are.
Granted, I'm high, but you're gonna have to run that one by me again.
It's a context of the meaning of Xbox in this scenario, right? Normally we'd say exclusive to Xbox to mean the console, but if also comming to PS5 as part of GamePass or XboxGamesStudios Publishing, that would be referring to Xbox in a wider bredth than just the console.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's a context of the meaning of Xbox in this scenario, right? Normally we'd say exclusive to Xbox to mean the console, but if also comming to PS5 as part of GamePass or XboxGamesStudios Publishing, that would be referring to Xbox in a wider bredth than just the console.
Ya getting too deep for me here 🤣

D

Deleted member 417

Exclusive could mean 6 months of exclusivity on the xbox, then release it on ps5 in 2023

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It makes no odds to me, I will own both consoles.
so you are against m$ but buys xbox.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

D

Deleted member 417

so you are against m$ but buys xbox.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
I'm not against xbox, I'm against moder-day xbox. I would take Og Xbox and early years xbox 360 over any playsation console.

I want Xbox to fail and feel real failure and receive real feedback so that they can stop being shit and improve their game. Don't listen to modern day xbox fans, they've drowned out the real fans who know Microsoft could and should be better.

as for the Zenimax malarky, those games are coming to PS5.

• brain
Reactions: Zeroing

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I'm not against xbox, I'm against moder-day xbox. I would take Og Xbox and early years xbox 360 over any playsation console.

I want Xbox to fail and feel real failure and receive real feedback so that they can stop being shit and improve their game. Don't listen to modern day xbox fans, they've drowned out the real fans who know Microsoft could and should be better.

as for the Zenimax malarky, those games are coming to PS5.
Err, I have so many bad news for you! Xbox fans are celebrating on twitter and MS has been rewarded with the approval of activision for having money and for being on 3rd place.
Microsoft will never feel pressure nor have criticism from their fans.

It will never happen but I really admire you! If only most people were like you, brands would be doing much pro consumers things.