Game Developer Midnight Society is terminating their relationship with co-founder Guy Beahm aka Dr Disrespect

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
He messaged a minor. He didn't explain in his statement that the minor lied about their age or she misrepresented her age by saying she does adult things like she goes to college (The college however is second level education)

That's worrying. Just because you got caught before the act may have happened, doesn't absolve you. He needs to clarify if she lied about her age or did he not ask her age knowing the answer. If you are texting some randomer with a view to hooking up, you ask their age.

That's worrying.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sounds like what happened in 2017 was a nothingburger to me but I don't chat with random people. How are we supposed to know the age of the person on Twitch?

Anybody can say whatever they want when you ask 🤷

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Sounds like what happened in 2017 was a nothingburger to me but I don't chat with random people. How are we supposed to know the age of the person on Twitch?

Anybody can say whatever they want when you ask 🤷
a nothingburger? how are we supposed to know the age of the person on Twitch?

Dr. Disrespect said himself that he was messaging with a minor. 2 former Twitch employees said he was messaging a minor. Bloomberg put up a piece that's behind a paywall with even more sources.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Most probably what happened was a clout chasing teenager lied about her age and had DM's with him, The amount of lies a teenage girl spews is mind boggling. I would triple check what every girl between 12-24 says nowadays. And remember guys Trust but always Verify, saved me a lot of trouble especially with women.
He 100 percent knew she was underaged. He would of made it very clear if he didnt

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
IMG_8375.jpg

This message hasn’t been verified yet. just that message is going around.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
This same kinda situation happened with that guy that created rick & Morty & all the fans of that obnoxious cartoon & even some bots that were cheering about the shitty game that studio he co founded made that was exclusive to Xbox for a while were defending him

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The only thing that would save something like this is if there was misrepresentation of age or assumption on an unknow. But it doesn’t seem like it or that would be part of the defence.

This is the end. No leeway on something like this.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The only thing that would save something like this is if there was misrepresentation of age or assumption on an unknow. But it doesn’t seem like it or that would be part of the defence.

This is the end. No leeway on something like this.
Yup. It's also disappointing to see the "protect the children" crowd still defending him