GameDiscoverCo estimates have anywhere between 65% and 75% of Helldivers 2's LTD players on Steam |UP| 2/24/24 Overall, over 60% PC split.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Matt deleted post on Twitter but here it goes...

1708365561705.png

Update 2/24/24 conflicting info

Overall, over 60% PC

Last edited:
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Makes a lot of sense. PC players are more into multiplayer and live service games where as console is more for single player outside a few multiplayer items. Its why anything live service from Sony should go day and date on PC
Absolutely. The only thing Sony needs to fix is their requirements for PS Plus on console and not on PC. It makes no sense.

Reactions: nongkris

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Makes a lot of sense. PC players are more into multiplayer and live service games where as console is more for single player outside a few multiplayer items. Its why anything live service from Sony should go day and date on PC
Baldurs Gate, Cyberpunk, and Starfield were among the best sellers on Steam in 2023. PC players are into all kinds of games, not just multiplayer. Games sell bigly on Steam because it has a massive international userbase. It's why all Sony games should go day and date on PC.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't think those stats are correct. I'm sure it's closer to 50/50 split and the dev said tons of ppl are playing on PSN plus it is top Seller on PSN and also top preorder.

Reactions: Cool hand luke

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Baldurs Gate, Cyberpunk, and Starfield were among the best sellers on Steam in 2023. PC players are into all kinds of games, not just multiplayer. Games sell bigly on Steam because it has a massive international userbase. It's why all Sony games should go day and date on PC.

ThOsE aRe ExEpTioNS!!

• haha
Reactions: flaccidsnake

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Dude had to add Starfield to the shortlist, a game that flopped miserably 🤣😂

ThOsE aRe ExEpTioNS!!
They are, no matter how much it hurts you guys’ feelings. It’s always the same 3-4 games mention and it’s so bad you gotta now reach Starfield aka Starflop 😬

If a game that flopped was a best seller, then that should tell you all you need to know.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Inappropriate language
Dude had to add Starfield to the shortlist, a game that flopped miserably 🤣😂

They are, no matter how much it hurts you guys’ feelings. It’s always the same 3-4 games mention and it’s so bad you gotta now reach Starfield aka Starflop 😬

If a game that flopped was a best seller, then that should tell you all you need to know.
Flaccid is a PC Elitist you're better off ignoring him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I think it just means Steam rats are launching the game over and over trying to get in. When I get a servers are full message on console, I go play other games.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
What I don't understand is: Witcher 3, Baldurs gate 3, Starfield, Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, Sekliro, Forza horizon games all those games are one click away from being pirated. Just like Sony's. Why are PC gamers choosing to buy them instead? Is it because of some weird allegiance?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Flaccid is a Nazi PC Elitist you're better off ignoring him.
He’s not a bad guy, just misguided and trolls too much 😂 I see him like a little brother I like to mess with from time to time

What I don't understand is: Witcher 3, Baldurs gate 3, Starfield, Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, Sekliro, Forza horizon games all those games are one click away from being pirated. Just like Sony's. Why are PC gamers choosing to buy them instead? Is it because of some weird allegiance?
BG3 has online (plus early access for years), Forza has online, Elden Ring has online (and sold much better on PS)…. so no point in pirating them. Forza doesn’t even sell well so idk why you mentioned it, Forza Motorsport especially bombed….

Witcher 3 didn’t start to sell well on PC until it was on a deep discount to $20. Cyberpunk is a rare exception, hyped for a literal decade and coming off of Witcher 3 with amazing DLCs. Starfield flopped and Sekiro? Lol

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
MP is free on PC so no wonder everyone is on PC

now if Sony locks their PC games on the rumored PSN store on PC, i don't think that is a good idea at all

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Dude had to add Starfield to the shortlist, a game that flopped miserably 🤣
I'm not vouching for the quality of the game, but it is a fact that Starfield was a huge seller for 2023. It was in Steam's "platinum" revenue category alongside Harry Potter and Call of Duty. Cover your eyes and ears if you want.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It's just fine to call people Nazis on this board huh? Noted.
Bro you can’t take a little joke? 😂😂 always ratting to the mods 🤦‍♂️
I'm not vouching for the quality of the game, but it is a fact that Starfield was a huge seller for 2023. It was in Steam's "platinum" revenue category alongside Harry Potter and Call of Duty. Cover your eyes and ears if you want.
case in point, if a flop is a top seller, that means the top seller ain’t a high seller!! Which means…sales ain’t all that! Case closed

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Not surprising PS didn’t really promote Helldivers 2 on PS & most of the marketing (promoting streamers to play w friends are on PC) I expect all PS live service to lean PC giving the viral marketing you can do w streamers (who mainly play PC)

• brain
Reactions: The Icon