GameDiscoverCo estimates have anywhere between 65% and 75% of Helldivers 2's LTD players on Steam |UP| 2/24/24 Overall, over 60% PC split.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The gold tier sellers for 2023 included Elden Ring, Armored Core VI, RE4, RDR2, GTA6. That means Starfield brought in more Steam revenue than these "flops".
Elden Ring is a 2022 game 🤣 and the rest selling worse than Starfield are just further proving my point that 99% of games sell better on PS, and that the AAA market for PC isn’t close to PlayStations. Sony games also prove that by only selling 1-2m after 2 years….

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That’s like saying “grammar nazi” is offensive 😂 do you find that term offensive too? I doubt it, this is just the same but instead of being obnoxious about grammar, you’re obnoxious about PC gaming.

Elden Ring is a 2022 game 🤣 and the rest selling worse than Starfield are just further proving my point that 99% of games sell better on PS, and that the AAA market for PC isn’t close to PlayStations. Sony games also prove that by only selling 1-2m after 2 years….
Lets leave the political term alone and move on.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Twice I pointed out that you made "terroristic threats". Maybe you'd like to share the posts I responded to and let people decide if I mischaracterized you.

nvm i got it. which one of us do you think is being toxic here?

Lets move on from this. I've noted tht no one should be speaking like that!

Reactions: flaccidsnake

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
You gotta choose between "2022 games aren't big sellers in 2023" and "1-2M isn't a lot for 2 year old PS games". Can't have both.

24 Jun 2022
All of it is speculation until Sony/SIE wise up and provide front-facing player statistics and CCUs on their own console. There's little reason to hide them through obfuscation.

If Helldivers 2 is seeing more activity on Steam, it's because WOM is heavily dominated by PC/Steam. All the big influencers and streamers are playing the game on PC. The CCU reports are tied to Steam. The sales estimates are based on Steam numbers. Valve/Steam basically dominate the conversation and proliferation around the game, whereas there hasn't been a single TV advert for it from what I've noticed. That's usually the realm where focus is placed on the console and you'd see the engagement and sales numbers reflect it.

So this is really more a case of Sony/SIE not even prioritizing their own console for the game, and letting the PC community (mainly Steam) and online personalities/streamers/influencers etc. drive almost all of the hype towards the game. A somewhat purposefully engineered scenario and doesn't mean there isn't an equal or greater buying audience on PS5, it's simply that WOM and focus for the game hasn't been on that platform for a variety of reasons I just listed (among others).

That would be the correct way to read it but I'm already seeing folks jump to "maybe all Sony 1P games should be Day 1on PC then?" conclusions. These are like the kids who barely passed Science class in freshman year because they never learned how to properly define controls and variables for testing a hypothesis. What's worst, I'm seeing a good number of predominantly PlayStation-orientated content creators and such seriously entertain the Day 1 PC strat.

Do any of these people know what a correlation is? Or how the Day 1 PC strat had a direct correlation on depleting demand for Microsoft's own consoles, a decline that was only partly offset by the pandemic and chip shortages a couple years ago? Jeez 🙄

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
All of it is speculation until Sony/SIE wise up and provide front-facing player statistics and CCUs on their own console. There's little reason to hide them through obfuscation.

If Helldivers 2 is seeing more activity on Steam, it's because WOM is heavily dominated by PC/Steam. All the big influencers and streamers are playing the game on PC. The CCU reports are tied to Steam. The sales estimates are based on Steam numbers. Valve/Steam basically dominate the conversation and proliferation around the game, whereas there hasn't been a single TV advert for it from what I've noticed. That's usually the realm where focus is placed on the console and you'd see the engagement and sales numbers reflect it.

So this is really more a case of Sony/SIE not even prioritizing their own console for the game, and letting the PC community (mainly Steam) and online personalities/streamers/influencers etc. drive almost all of the hype towards the game. A somewhat purposefully engineered scenario and doesn't mean there isn't an equal or greater buying audience on PS5, it's simply that WOM and focus for the game hasn't been on that platform for a variety of reasons I just listed (among others).

That would be the correct way to read it but I'm already seeing folks jump to "maybe all Sony 1P games should be Day 1on PC then?" conclusions. These are like the kids who barely passed Science class in freshman year because they never learned how to properly define controls and variables for testing a hypothesis. What's worst, I'm seeing a good number of predominantly PlayStation-orientated content creators and such seriously entertain the Day 1 PC strat.

Do any of these people know what a correlation is? Or how the Day 1 PC strat had a direct correlation on depleting demand for Microsoft's own consoles, a decline that was only partly offset by the pandemic and chip shortages a couple years ago? Jeez 🙄
It really is setting a bad precedent! And the ps fans saying day 1 on pc is a good idea are always the ones that constantly interact with Xbox trash. Even Colin mediocrity calls Jizz Corden “a good friend”, they know it’s an awful idea but don’t want to be seen as bad guy gatekeepers 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
According to numbers posted by Arrowhead this is wrong.

Once said they are about 50% and with other shared number we saw PS had over 60%. It may vary from day to day, but not much.
Yeah if you see my earlier post I said I don't think these numbers are accurate at all.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
BTW Matt feeding off that post and commenting initially posted this but then deleted it as he said ppl were misinterpreting or some bs.....

1708365607263.png

Can't wait for official numbers!

• Informative
Reactions: flaccidsnake
24 Jun 2022
It really is setting a bad precedent! And the ps fans saying day 1 on pc is a good idea are always the ones that constantly interact with Xbox trash. Even Colin mediocrity calls Jizz Corden “a good friend”, they know it’s an awful idea but don’t want to be seen as bad guy gatekeepers 🤷‍♂️

Yep good point. Not all folk are kinfolk, as the saying goes. Another thing I notice too is, a good number of them are relatively new to PlayStation and only really jumped into the ecosystem during the very late PS3 or in the PS4 eras.

Meaning they predominantly were 360 or PC gamers the gen prior, and either didn't play on PlayStation during most of PS3 (let alone PS2 or PS1 gens), or definitely didn't main it as their go-to with earlier generations.

Which I mean, that's fine and all. But how some of them are now among the biggest voices in the PlayStation community makes absolutely zero sense, because all of their PlayStation discussion is very narrow-minded usually and only focused on Xbox, or revolves around Xbox in some way....because Xbox is a strong part of their gaming roots. For some it's probably the first console they really started seriously gaming on, like with the 360. And that also tracks because a lot of them are from the US or UK, markets where 360 dominated and even the XBO did pretty well in.

It's a bit frustrating that people with a lot more experience with the PlayStation brand, especially dating back to PS1 or PS2 era, and likely are less inclined to focus on Xbox when discussing PlayStation not to mention know how detrimental things like Day 1 PC actually were to Xbox consoles (not the only issue for Xbox's decline in console but a big part of it), aren't the more prominent voices.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yep good point. Not all folk are kinfolk, as the saying goes. Another thing I notice too is, a good number of them are relatively new to PlayStation and only really jumped into the ecosystem during the very late PS3 or in the PS4 eras.

Meaning they predominantly were 360 or PC gamers the gen prior, and either didn't play on PlayStation during most of PS3 (let alone PS2 or PS1 gens), or definitely didn't main it as their go-to with earlier generations.

Which I mean, that's fine and all. But how some of them are now among the biggest voices in the PlayStation community makes absolutely zero sense, because all of their PlayStation discussion is very narrow-minded usually and only focused on Xbox, or revolves around Xbox in some way....because Xbox is a strong part of their gaming roots. For some it's probably the first console they really started seriously gaming on, like with the 360. And that also tracks because a lot of them are from the US or UK, markets where 360 dominated and even the XBO did pretty well in.

It's a bit frustrating that people with a lot more experience with the PlayStation brand, especially dating back to PS1 or PS2 era, and likely are less inclined to focus on Xbox when discussing PlayStation not to mention know how detrimental things like Day 1 PC actually were to Xbox consoles (not the only issue for Xbox's decline in console but a big part of it), aren't the more prominent voices.
Yep Red Dragon was a hardcore Xbox fanboy until 2015, and he’s one of the people in support of day and date 🤦‍♂️

And a lot of PS fans on Twitter, Gaf, reset, Reddit, etc can’t think for themselves and quickly fold under pressure. Especially when Xbox fans (astroturfers) are always controlling narratives. The fact that a distant 3rd place failure can dictate gaming discourse to this extent is really sad.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
BTW Matt feeding off that post and commenting initially posted this but then deleted it as he said ppl were misinterpreting or some bs.....

View attachment 4291

Can't wait for official numbers!
He started getting questioned on where he was getting these numbers from.

Nothing wrong with asking that, but he got all hot and bothered about it and removed it.

He complaings about people misintepreating the data yet he didn't give enough context around it.

Which makes me question the error margin of his data, his tweet was getting traction so he could catch more heat if it's inaccurate.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS