GameDiscoverCo estimates have anywhere between 65% and 75% of Helldivers 2's LTD players on Steam |UP| 2/24/24 Overall, over 60% PC split.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Nice, I enjoy both games.
I was being too limited when I said PC gamers are mostly in multiplayer games. I just mean alot of them seem to love stuff dota. Id much rather play Returnal, TLOU, Baldurs Gate, Yakuza
PC players like the same kinds of games as you plus other kinds. I personally play 90% of PC games with a dualsense. There's no downside, and I can take PS5 performance with me on a mid-range laptop.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PC players like the same kinds of games as you plus other kinds. I personally play 90% of PC games with a dualsense. There's no downside, and I can take PS5 performance with me on a mid-range laptop.
I like all types, just not huge on dota types and multiplayer though. Strategy games, sims etc. I like em all. I just prefer to game on console. My favourite games are Nintendo and PS 1st party.

Ill be buying a Steamdeck 2, should be strong enough to play the PC games I like

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’ve said this when it first launched. But the way the game holds players throughout the early am hours. There’s an argument to be made that Helldivers has done what Sony would love and helps break their brand into international markets where there is stronger pc presence vs console. This game is successful internationally. I believe this also fits their plan working and growing partnerships with Chinese and Korean companies etc.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
PC players love GaaS and piracy, that explain why Helldivers 2 is much bigger than games like Spider-man and God of War on PC.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
PC players love GaaS and piracy, that explain why Helldivers 2 is much bigger than games like Spider-man and God of War on PC.
The biggest games on console, both PS5 and Xbox, are GaaS. Might not want to stand on that high horse or you'll fall off. The reason GaaS is so insidious is because the psychological manipulation and fomo tactics they use work on pretty much everyone.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The biggest games on console, both PS5 and Xbox, are GaaS. Might not want to stand on that high horse or you'll fall off. The reason GaaS is so insidious is because the psychological manipulation and fomo tactics they use work on pretty much everyone.
Wrong, on PlayStation a game like God of War or Spider-man are much bigger than a game like Helldivers 2.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wrong, on PlayStation a game like God of War or Spider-man are much bigger than a game like Helldivers 2.
And yet cod is the top seller almost every year, fortnite cod and apex top the most played list constantly, their financial reports state that mtx and dlc equal all full game sales revenue put together... do i need to go on, or are you going to keep on with the nonsense?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
And yet cod is the top seller almost every year, fortnite cod and apex top the most played list constantly, their financial reports state that mtx and dlc equal all full game sales revenue put together... do i need to go on, or are you going to keep on with the nonsense?
Mtx and DLC are not game sales, I'm not saying GaaS are less profitable on consoles but we have stats from Sony showing people spend most of their time playing single players games on PS5 and we know that certain types of games sell a lot better on PlayStation.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You guys again lol. Cut it out
We need to start giving warnings out to some of these guys, like @JAHGamer + @Kokoloko, agitators, both of them. We need fewer people like that and more non-trollish, kind-hearted, non-combative people like me on the site.

The Boys Coffee GIF by Amazon Prime Video

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Mtx and DLC are not game sales, I'm not saying GaaS are less profitable on consoles but we have stats from Sony showing people spend most of their time playing single players games on PS5 and we know that certain types of games sell a lot better on PlayStation.
There are a lot more single player games than gaas. Sure, people spend more time on average on single player, but that's not what I said. I said the biggest games are gaas. That doesn't preclude some single player games from being in the mix at times.