GameDiscoverCo estimates have anywhere between 65% and 75% of Helldivers 2's LTD players on Steam |UP| 2/24/24 Overall, over 60% PC split.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Not only are Steam players not starved for content. Several of the trending games of the last 2 months are not available on Playstation.

For anything you find on Steam I can do the same with PS5. Like Rebirth, TLOU2R or Ronin 🤷‍♂️

Valve gives them new microtransactions and loot boxes for dota and cs2 😂
They are still milking their games from 1995. That's like Sony making Crash Bandicoot and nothing else.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's exactly the reason, and it's transparent to the point of hilarity.

We also should factor, that a good chunk of the Steam sales are likely PS5/PC owners who chose the PC version due to factors like better performance potential (with high-power GPUs & CPUs for crazy frame rates) and free online play.

Safe to say at least 30% of the Steam sales are from that and WOM mainly being generated by PC/Steam (due to transparent CCU and player metrics data, most influencers/streamers being primarily PC as well).
30% is an incredible lowball, my guess is above 90% of the userbase is from wom/social media

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The difference between proven hits and speculative hits.
TLOU2 is a proven hit though. Im sure FF7Rebirth is also a better game than most.

PC gamers seem to prefer multiplayer games, different set of fans it seems. They enjoy Helldivers to God of War, Returnal Uncharted and TLOU. It says alot about the fanbase. They also love survival games lol.
Either way, enjoy what you enjoy.

Im waiting for Steamdeck 2 to play the games I dont get on PS and Switch 2. But my preference is those PS and Nintendo first party single player games.

Reactions: kuzon and PS_ROCKS

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
TLOU2 is a proven hit though. Im sure FF7Rebirth is also a better game than most.

PC gamers seem to prefer multiplayer games, different set of fans it seems. They enjoy Helldivers to God of War, Returnal Uncharted and TLOU. It says alot about the fanbase
Pc gamers prefer different genres of single player games.
They don't really like narrative driven games. They like strategy games, simulation games, 4x games, survival games, roguelikes and platformers.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The difference between proven hits and speculative hits.
What's the CCU on PS5? Last Epoch didn't go above 200k. That could be a common occurrence on PS for all you know.

Helldivers (PS5 version only) is above that and Helldivers is a low seller compared to heavy hitters like GOW, Spider-Man, TLOU, etc.

I bet all of them are at 1 million+ CCU when they come out.

No point in bragging about CCU when you can't compare it with another platform.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

PC gamers seem to prefer multiplayer games, different set of fans it seems. They enjoy Helldivers to God of War, Returnal Uncharted and TLOU. It says alot about the fanbase. They also love survival games lol.
Either way, enjoy what you enjoy.

Im waiting for Steamdeck 2 to play the games I dont get on PS and Switch 2. But my preference is those PS and Nintendo first party single player games.
Hi im a PC player. I like last of us 2 and I put 400 hours solo in Baldurs Gate 3.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Pc gamers prefer different genres of single player games.
They don't really like narrative driven games. They like strategy games, simulation games, 4x games, survival games, roguelikes and platformers.

How you going to forget RPGs in all of this? 😭

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hi im a PC player. I like last of us 2 and I put 400 hours solo in Baldurs Gate 3.
Nice, I enjoy both games.
I was being too limited when I said PC gamers are mostly in multiplayer games. I just mean alot of them seem to love stuff dota. Id much rather play Returnal, TLOU, Baldurs Gate, Yakuza

Reactions: Sircaw