[Gameindustry.biz] Astro Bot It is really built for PlayStation - Nicolas Doucet

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Some Nintendo fanboy reviewers will mark it down, i guarantee.

I can see it now:
“110% rip off of Mario!”
“This game has no redeeming art style”
“BORING! Another Soy Cinematic game, hurr durr”.
“PS stole Platformers from US!”

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I can see it now:
“110% rip off of Mario!”
“This game has no redeeming art style”
“BORING! Another Soy Cinematic game, hurr durr”.
“PS stole Platformers from US!”
There are some Nintendo fanboys that are bitter. But not fans that are in the media, that I have seen.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
People expecting Astro to come to PC after R&C and Sackboy Big Adventure misery failed there is just having wishful dreams.

Switch is a better for a successful port than PC.

The Switch 2 would be perfect for it, hopefully it launches with Astro bot next year

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
I'm liking what I am seen so far from this game. I really hope that it succeeds as PlayStation needs more of these kind of games.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The Switch 2 would be perfect for it, hopefully it launches with Astro bot next year
Total trash opinion. Sorry! And switch 2 won't be able to run this technical marvel. Might be able to do lo-fi PS4 level titles, however.

24 Jun 2022
The fact we're even able to legitimately entertain the possibility of an Astro Bot or other (new and/or major) SIE games on a Switch 2, should in itself show the mistake in muddied optics SIE themselves have created.

The cat's out of the bag and I don't think they can put it back in. Nor do they want to.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The fact we're even able to legitimately entertain the possibility of an Astro Bot or other (new and/or major) SIE games on a Switch 2, should in itself show the mistake in muddied optics SIE themselves have created.

The cat's out of the bag and I don't think they can put it back in. Nor do they want to.
No one is legitimately entertaining that. People are being mocked and derided for suggesting it.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
No one is legitimately entertaining that. People are being mocked and derided for suggesting it.
I GUARANTEE Switch 2 will get a bunch of SIE 1st party games. Not Astrobot because of the DualSense, but everything else is fair game. Anything that's been ported to PC has a high chance of ending up on the Switch 2.

"PlayStation Publishing LLC" .....And some people here still don't think Switch 2 will get more PS 1st party ports? 🤣🤣🤣

When PlayStation started putting games on PC, they created PlayStation PC LLC, even though at that time people were saying it's just one game. And then they ported over nearly everything.

It's never just one game... they wouldn't create an entirely new LLC just to publish 1 game on Nintendo 😂 Sony is really going full 3rd party, never thought I'd see the day...

image.png

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I GUARANTEE Switch 2 will get a bunch of SIE 1st party games. Not Astrobot because of the DualSense, but everything else is fair game. Anything that's been ported to PC has a high chance of ending up on the Switch 2.
Single player games would sell better on Switch than on PC, they'll 100% do it and they'll have plenty of games to chose from (pretty much every game already released on PC to start with).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Astro Bot looks like an amazing game, I can't wait to play it but it's the complete antithesis of modern day Sony. Current Sony has no respect or appreciation for PlayStation, not in the slightest. The game will just highlight how awful Sony has been this generation, and hopefully it will be a much needed wake up call to many of the people that just turn a blind eye to SIE's complacency.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Astro Bot looks like an amazing game, I can't wait to play it but it's the complete antithesis of modern day Sony. Current Sony has no respect or appreciation for PlayStation, not in the slightest. The game will just highlight how awful Sony has been this generation, and hopefully it will be a much needed wake up call to many of the people that just turn a blind eye to SIE's complacency.

Good to see you back early.

Feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone. You were just congratulating me on being back and now I’m doing the same to you. Lmao.