Gamers declare war against Sweet Baby Inc, and Elon Musk & Gabe Newell seem to be on board. Stop watering games down with hidden political agendas.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
what the hell is going on this industry
Not only will you accept it, but you will embrace it, you BIGOT!

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The performance was pretty terrible at launch aswell (haven't played it on ps5 so I don't know how much it improved) wonder what it's like on the switch lol
i found it terrible on the ps4 pro especially the load times, played with three friends and yer, not fun waiting around for things to load, but on the ps5 was great and performance was fantastic

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think it's funny they had an entire dlc for a gay wedding I wasn't interested in the slightest in those characters lol
Borderlands does release a lot of add-ons and DLC that cater mainly to straight people, which should be the norm as they make up the most oversized bracket of the games players; as for the gay wedding bit, no issues there, as i am sure there are a lot of gay people that also play the game and enjoyed it.

If it ended up being like 90% of the game in what Sweet Baby seems to want, I would have a problem.

As I have said in the past, there is nothing wrong with diversity as long as it's organic, but when it's forced, No.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Borderlands does release a lot of add-ons and DLC that cater mainly to straight people, which should be the norm as they make up the most oversized bracket of the games palyers; as for the gay wedding bit, no issues there as i am sure there are a lot of gay people that also play the game and enjoyed it.

If it ended up being like 90% of the game in what Sweet Baby seems to want, I would have a problem.

Like i have said in the past, nothing wrong with diversity as long as its organic but when it's forced, No.
I only played the first dlc couldn't be bothered to play the rest even though I pre ordered the deluxe edition with the season pass included , the characters were boring & I had no interest in their relationship or a wedding & I'd say the same thing about the straight characters in it lol

Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Sircaw
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I think it's funny they had an entire dlc for a gay wedding I wasn't interested in the slightest in those characters lol

Yeah it was shocking as that guy was nearly-likeable compared to all garbage characters in the game.

great game. cringe writing.

Yeah I finished everything in the game. Funnily, the guys used a verse from Holy Quran from probably somewhere in an old Arabic or Islamic building without knowing that the graph is actually words, lol.

_09.17.2019___15.35.55.08.png

from this verse:

----

سورة آل عمران​

وَلَا تَهِنُوا وَلَا تَحْزَنُوا وَأَنْتُمُ الْأَعْلَوْنَ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُؤْمِنِينَ ﴿١٣٩﴾

Surah Aali 'Imran​

139. And do not waver, nor be sad. You are the superior ones—if you are believers.

----

Of course, I doubt they even knew there were any words, lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah it was shocking as that guy was nearly-likeable compared to all garbage characters in the game.

Yeah I finished everything in the game. Funnily, the guys used a verse from Holy Quran from probably somewhere in an old Arabic or Islamic building without knowing that the graph is actually words, lol.

from this verse:

----

سورة آل عمران​

وَلَا تَهِنُوا وَلَا تَحْزَنُوا وَأَنْتُمُ الْأَعْلَوْنَ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُؤْمِنِينَ ﴿١٣٩﴾

Surah Aali 'Imran​

139. And do not waver, nor be sad. You are the superior ones—if you are believers.

----

hah, interesting, I just thought it was made up of symbols designed for the Borderlands universe.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
hah, interesting, I just thought it was made up of symbols designed for the Borderlands universe.

Same, but then managed to read that which sounded like Quran and familiar then googled it to be sure and I was right. 🤣 Probably they got it from an old mosque or some Islamic art.

• Informative
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

from this verse:

----

سورة آل عمران​

Surah Aali 'Imran​

----

No way did that actually put that in there

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
No way did that actually put that in there

Haha, read it before even googling it. The lower part is pretty clear, the upper ones needed to get back to the verse to make up. It's clear from "And do not waver, nor be sad. You are the superior ones" then the rest seems to be meshed up and unreadable.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Haha, read it before even googling it. The lower part is pretty clear, the upper ones needed to get back to the verse to make up. It's clear from "And do not waver, nor be sad. You are the superior ones" then the rest seems to be meshed up and unreadable.
Surely it can't be a mistake putting an actual verse from the Qur'an in the game

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Surely it can't be a mistake putting an actual verse from the Qur'an in the game

Not sure, Devil May Cry did a stupid move before, lol:

Then Resident Evil did it, but the second holiest mosque door, Al Masjid Al Nabawi (Prophet's Mosque) door:

Both most likely made in bad faith, but I think Borderlands 3 is mostly just accidental because Islamic art can be very strange to non-Arabic speakers, even to most Arabs who can't decipher it.

Wait, I actually found it:

5332c59b357d42526759f626cf147550.jpg

Eridian writings my ass. 🤣

Last edited:
  • haha
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Not sure, Devil May Cry did a stupid move before, lol:

Then Resident Evil did it, but the second holiest mosque door, Al Masjid Al Nabawi (Prophet's Mosque) door:

Both most likely made in bad faith, but I think Borderlands 3 is mostly just accidental because Islamic art can be very strange to non-Arabic speakers, even to most Arabs who can't decipher it.

Wait, I actually found it, lol:

5332c59b357d42526759f626cf147550.jpg

Eridian writings my ass. 🤣

I remember that bit in DMC but no idea what's supposed to be islamic about the door & I think those resident evil things are just a coincidence

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I remember that bit in DMC but no idea what's supposed to be islamic about the door & I think those resident evil things are just a coincidence

After you enter that door you face Lucifer I think, and the door has the name of Allah and Islamic "Shahada" on it and it's the door of the most sacred place on Earth in Islam. So yeah I can give RE and B3 a pass, but not DMC. It's also banned for that here.