Gamers declare war against Sweet Baby Inc, and Elon Musk & Gabe Newell seem to be on board. Stop watering games down with hidden political agendas.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Source (Niche Gamer)

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44858017-Sweet-Baby-Inc-detected/

A new Steam curator is making it their mission to warn gamers if Sweet Baby Inc. has been involved in a game’s development.

For those who don’t know, Sweet Baby Inc. is a narrative consultation company that offers a variety of services including:

• Writing: “Cinematics, Dialogue, UI/UX writing, Barks, Copywriting, Etc”
  • Narrative: “Story pitches, World Building, Character Creation, Narrative Design, Story Feedback and Tweaks, and more”
  • Representation: “Cultural Consultation, Sensitivity And Inclusivity Reading, Risk and Opportunities Assessment, and more”
  • Development: “Full-scale Game Development and Interactive Fiction”
The curator uses proof of the company’s involvement retrieved either through credits uploaded to YouTube or from Sweet Baby’s website directly. You can check out the Sweet Baby Inc detected curator here.

The curator is by no means a comprehensive list, and Sweet Baby has claimed to be involved with dozens of companies, including:

• Xbox Game Studios
  • Electronic Arts
  • Valve
  • Santa Monica Studios
  • Tru Luv
  • Polytron
  • Wizards of the Coast
  • Square Enix
  • Ubisoft
  • Raw Fury
  • Compulsion Games
  • and more
While narrative consulting isn’t an unusual service to offer, critics of Sweet Baby are concerned that the company is more concerned with pushing their own ideological goals than with the quality of the product or its reception by fans.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

What The Fuck Wtf GIF

Time to stop watering down games to pure agenda filth.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If you need to hire a consulting company to tell your writers what to write about and how to write, its way past time for you to fire your whole writing team.

Any studio that goes along with this deserves to be shut down.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
"The studios won't be able to course correct, they'll just shut down". Well maybe you shouldn't have gotten so radicalized then. And it's not enough to do this in actual games. When these games get criticism, a lot of these writers take to Twitter to weaponize their hardcore fanbase as well, making any and all discussion impossible.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Upper Echelon, known for their in-depth contemporary social and gaming commentary videos, has decided to cover the ongoing "Sweet Baby Inc" controversy.

Yeah, I watched this the other night, It's pretty interesting.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
You know a company is innocent and done nothing wrong when they delete their tweets, lock their accounts, remove their names from credits and attack people for noticing a pattern.

Sweet baby has a partner company started by the sister of the guy who Zoe quinn pushed to suicide.

Quinn, sarkeesian and all the GG people are all tied up with sweet baby and their partner companies.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I don't like this guy. He sees the woke boogeyman in everything. Mommy issues personified, this one. Just like Synthetic man and Quartering. Seriously damaged people.

Much better channels out there. Gonna wait for them to cover it.
Interesting.
Did you see anything at all? He demonstrated how the gaming media is publishing false statements.

Personally, I would look at all sources before dismissing anyone.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
briefly read up on this last night…

From what I gather it’s just a supplementary woke writing staff that pollutes a handful of games most notably suicide squad.

You could replace these guys with woke AI if you want to write trash like Suicide Squad. Same difference. Rocksteady earned being dragged thru the mud like this.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Interesting.
Did you see anything at all? He demonstrated how the gaming media is publishing false statements.
Oh I have no doubt that's true. You'd have to be blind not to see that, not just in gaming but in general.

I just don't like these channels, especially since Upper Echelon shills for Xbox every now and then.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I will say that I don't know what kind of consultancy work these people actually provide beyond the allegations (i.e. how "woke" they are) - but the way their employees behave towards the general gaming public is unacceptable. Calling for targeted harassment of people is completely unprofessional and the fact that said employee hasn't been removed and a public apology issued says volumes.