[GamersNexus] The Problem with Linus Tech Tips: Accuracy, Ethics, & Responsibility

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I am actually shocked that some of these things actually happened.

How do these types of conversations actually transpire?

Not saying she is lying, I can't stand Linus, but how and in what conversation is she called Retarded and a Faggot?

I want some context as I find it extremely difficult to understand in how you go to work and someone calls you fat, ugly and stupid in a general conversation.

On a less serious note, i did ask @Bryank75 to make a video of himself twerking for the forums, the coward declined.
It doesn't surprise me at all, it's typical dudebro culture at tech/gaming companies, there is zero real professionalism because a lot of them have never worked real jobs before. And Linus always tries to play the "guys we're a family!!!" card to gaslight employees into meeting his insane work expectations and deadlines. So to them, it feels less like they're at a job and more like hanging with their friends making cool videos for money. Have you ever seen a LTT video before? Lol....they also have an official Onlyfans account where Linus takes photos wearing nothing but his LTT branded underwear. So yeah none of this comes as a surprise to me.

image.png

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
It doesn't surprise me at all, it's typical dudebro culture at tech/gaming companies, there is zero real professionalism because a lot of them have never worked real jobs before. And Linus always tries to play the "guys we're a family!!!" card to gaslight employees into meeting his insane work expectations and deadlines. So to them, it feels less like they're at a job and more like hanging with their friends making cool videos for money. Have you ever seen a LTT video before? Lol....they also have an official Onlyfans account where Linus takes photos wearing nothing but his LTT branded underwear. So yeah none of this comes as a surprise to me.

image.png
It's more like a startup culture in the West I think, people wake up like 5am and work till 11pm, pumping . It is inherently not toxic, just unprofessional.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
what FUD? he was right that one or more of the memory modules get hot. But that's from the perspective a pc dude, who doesn't like components running up against the thermal limits because it risks degrading the component over time or worst case throttling performance and failure. But for the PS5 apparently it's in-spec. It would be interesting to see a followup video to see if those concerns were addressed in the ps5 revisions.

Comparing a PS5 to a 4 year old PC.

Lots of FUD about "poor cooler design", following the FUD trend that was popular back then. The man's a shill.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
They released an awful video addressing it where they still plug their merch store and make sponsor jokes. Doesn't feel like they're serious about this situation at all and it was made before Madisons thread

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
People who say "just leave" are engaging in a fantasy because they can't handle the idea that sometimes people who are being mistreated in the workplace need outside protection. Anyone who has ever had any responsibilities in life know it's not as easy as just quitting, especially if you're new to a job and just relocated. Same reason why victims of domestic abuse require outside intervention and not just other people telling them "just leave".
I live in a country that has far less employment opportunities and a fraction of the living standard of N. American countries.
I have worked sundays ( 2 free days a month for years on end), 12 hour shifts, 8/8 hour shifts ( work 1st shift, come to 3rd, come to second, meaning that you basically work 16 hours in 24 hours), I have worked the whole day with a heavily sprained ankle as I was not allowed to go home, because of the injury. I was then moved to an easier position that was paid slightly less, but was way less shitty. They demanded I go back, and I decided to put my foot down and say NO, even though that was one of the least shitty companies in my country ( so not good, just the least shit). I risked even worse working conditions in other companies, for the sake of my wellbeing.

Why did I put up for so long? Because I live in a shit country. She does not and with the ammount of alleged physical and mental abuse ( groping, being sexualised and everything else) I would have left immediately. I know people from 1st world countries that are barely legal adults, and do nothing but smoke weed and play video games all day, while "raising" kids (their words, not mine) and they live on welfare. They have a roof over their heads and are not hungry. So, she should not have any problems acquiring a following big enough to make a decent living on her own, if she is interested in tech or gaming. Plus, there are plenty of other job opportunities in N. America for anyone that has even a smidgeon of willingness to put in some effort to make a life they want for themselves.

So, nice of you to assume I have no life experience or have ever experienced any struggle in life, shows how much better you think you are than other people.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
They released an awful video addressing it where they still plug their merch store and make sponsor jokes. Doesn't feel like they're serious about this situation at all and it was made before Madisons thread

They will care if and only if it starts affecting their bottom line.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Yeah that was a 1000x better apology than the new one he just put out. And it’s crazy that even after he’s made that video people still speak nonsense about the Ps5s ssd
I don't understand why they takes this guy words seriously, at the end of the day these guys are just entertainer. Same for Digital Foundry.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Linus dick snips getting what it deserves. Saw this on a very different forum a few days ago and very glad it all blew up in his face.

Reactions: JAHGamer